Tin Pei Ling appointed director of public affairs and policy at Grab. Can like that ah? 🤭

BabyBlade

I have a female contract worker (cleaner) who is 72 resigned from her cleaning company last month and jointed McDonald also as a cleaner. 

She is 72 and can get a job with McDonald whereas he is 68. Must be choosy with the kind of work/job. :wut:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

I also have been looking for staff for more than 2 years.

Male masseuse no experience required as training will be provided.

Salary at least 10k a month including tips

To massage males and no even old and ugly males but handsome, young male models and actor types.

I still cannot find.

Haiz

:D

On 6/1/2023 at 2:44 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I have a female contract worker (cleaner) who is 72 resigned from her cleaning company last month and jointed McDonald also as a cleaner. 

She is 72 and can get a job with McDonald whereas he is 68. Must be choosy with the kind of work/job. :wut:

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

If one need a job to survive, obviously you cannot be choosy lah. For those who thinks cleaning tables and collecting cupboards are an hobby, I am sure they either living is outer space or not thinking hard enough. How do you entrust such people to look after your interest?

Edited by Victor68

On 6/1/2023 at 2:23 PM, Victor68 said:

There is no law to state must employ senior and it is also not practical to do so because the nature of the works differ. 

68 hopefully one should not be looking for a job to survive but to keep himself 'occupied'. For those that need to survive, we should have agencies to assist them match make. I am sure there will be something suitable if one is not fussy

apparently he doesn't need the job to 'survive' since he mentioned he still driving everyday. 

• Praise 1

On 6/1/2023 at 2:49 PM, Jamesc said:

I also have been looking for staff for more than 2 years.

Male masseuse no experience required as training will be provided.

Salary at least 10k a month including tips

To massage males and no even old and ugly males but handsome, young male models and actor types.

I still cannot find.

Haiz

Can reserve one place for me.  :we-all-gonna-die:

Reaching 68 soon, I can just sit at the counter collecting money and serving tea or coffee to the customers and at times to the massagers.   😎

Hope you done mind at times, getting free services from [gorgeous] massagers during lull periods. :slow:

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

My massage parlour no  tea or coffee one.

My customers all very busy professionals

and like to touch and go one!

On 6/1/2023 at 3:02 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Reaching 68 soon, I can just sit at the counter collecting money and serving tea or coffee to the customers and at times to the massagers.   😎

Hope you done mind at times, getting free services from [gorgeous] massagers during lull periods. :slow:

• Haha! 1

On 5/31/2023 at 5:15 PM, Windwaver said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-don-t-hold-job-seekers-age-against-them

Forum: Don’t hold job seekers’ age against them

I refer to the article, “What we get wrong about ageing and work” (May 29).

I retired in December 2019, three months before I turned 68, and it was a challenge looking for part-time jobs.

The food delivery company to which I applied for a driver’s position rejected my application over the phone. The person who answered the call asked for my age and said “too old”. The fact is, I’m still driving almost daily.

I was also rejected for a part-time job as a petrol station attendant because the “cut-off age” was 67.

I applied to be a part-time packer with a supermarket chain, but received no reply apart from an acknowledgement of receipt, though I understand only shortlisted candidates would be notified.

I managed to get a part-time job shelving books in the National Library only in April 2021, and have been in two other jobs since then.

Seniors who are healthy and still want to continue working need more help.

Leng Kok Meng

If he don't need to work for money then find job for what. Waste time and take up space. Leave the jobs for those who need it lah.

Supercharged
On 6/1/2023 at 3:01 PM, Jman888 said:

apparently he doesn't need the job to 'survive' since he mentioned he still driving everyday. 

Bro...his "still driving everyday" could mean his own personal driving. May not mean he is doing grab or taxi.

Hypersonic
On 6/1/2023 at 3:02 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Bro pls contact @RadX he got some kind special top secret “Dino project” 🤣🤣…… certainly not Guinea  🐷 

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 6/1/2023 at 3:01 PM, Jman888 said:

Cannot really tell what he meant by 'still driving'. Would someone owns a car wants to go and be a pump attendant, cannot be an hobby right? 

On 6/1/2023 at 4:11 PM, Victor68 said:

Cannot really tell what he meant by 'still driving'. Would someone owns a car wants to go and be a pump attendant, cannot be an hobby right? 

why not? quite an easy job to past time, like stacking books in library too.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 6/1/2023 at 4:33 PM, Jman888 said:

why not? quite an easy job to past time, like stacking books in library too.

Stacking books in an ac place and smelling petroleum quite different hor. But got many glue sniffers also lah

On 6/1/2023 at 3:50 PM, Starry said:

Bro...his "still driving everyday" could mean his own personal driving. May not mean he is doing grab or taxi.

if no job but still can have a job to drive around everyday mean very free lor, i probably can afford to take mrt from east to west only just to past time when i am 68 yrs old.

• Praise 1

On 6/1/2023 at 4:36 PM, Victor68 said:

Stacking books in an ac place and smelling petroleum quite different hor. But got many glue sniffers also lah

hor hor you come in mcf and telling people petroleum is smelly [lipsrsealed]

Turbocharged
On 6/1/2023 at 4:39 PM, Jman888 said:

hor hor you come in mcf and telling people petroleum is smelly [lipsrsealed]

Alamak, got to hide liao. Not inclusive. Smell too much not good for health lah. That is why those houses next to them hard to sell. 

Turbocharged
On 6/1/2023 at 2:44 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Males more difficult to find jobs.

On 8/17/2023 at 2:09 PM, Benarsenal said:

Better run fast fast. :secret-laugh:

COE going up & up and many put the blame on this PHV companies cos they have the cash to secure & purchase mass number of vehicles not even blinking an eye. 

I took Premium Grab often and they always comes in new vehicles (Noah, Voxy & Serena). I asked some of them and was told that they can hire new vehicle anytime. Just return the current one after 12 ~ 18 months and hire new vehicle. :we-all-gonna-die:

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2