Tesla earns 8 times more profit than Toyota per car

steveluv

I wonder if Tesla profit is so high why Apple put theirs in the back burner ( might be cobwebs even now ) ……: and Apple has deep pockets too …. To splurge …… something’s just not right 

Edited by BanCoe

3 hours ago, Starry said:

Actually I am curious where they charge? I seldom see and neither do I remember where are the Tesla charging stations.  Or they build their own charging point within their landed house?

Last time saw some Tesla charging stations at the parking lots outside village hotel at katong.

Actually I am curious where they charge? I seldom see and neither do I remember where are the Tesla charging stations.  Or they build their own charging point within their landed house?

There are now 7 or 8 Tesla Superchargers in SG, in malls like Star Vista, Millenia, West Coast Plaza, Causeway Point etc.

They can also use the public chargers (SP Group, Greenlots etc). DC charging usually 1-2 hours can gaodim, so just need to do it when you go shopping or eat then can liao.

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, BanCoe said:

I wonder if Tesla profit is so high why Apple put theirs in the back burner ( might be cobwebs even now ) ……: and Apple has deep pockets too …. To splurge …… something’s just not right 

self combustion issue like eScooter 🙉🙊🙈

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

There are now 7 or 8 Tesla Superchargers in SG, in malls like Star Vista, Millenia, West Coast Plaza, Causeway Point etc.

They can also use the public chargers (SP Group, Greenlots etc). DC charging usually 1-2 hours can gaodim, so just need to do it when you go shopping or eat then can liao.

Many Liao. Especially in shoppng malls and for newer developments, LTA impose min nos of EV charging stations. 

Edited by Victor68
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
11 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I see.  But what if when reach the charging point and there are other cars using it?  Still an inconvenience somewhat since the charging takes like hours.

Is there any EV that takes only 3-4 minutes to charge from empty to full like pumping petrol? That would be fast and no need waste time. 

Edited by Starry

3 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Renew coe lah

buy simi new car

绝买!

if can tak kah chia lagi winner

Rather than renew Musso, you Tak Kar chia 1st😜

• Haha! 3

Just now, inlinesix said:

Rather than renew Musso, you Tak Kar chia 1st😜

Coe finish take bus Liao 

maybe tak kah chia some of the way

• Haha! 2

One thing about Tesla design. I have never actually taken a second look at them. I don't like the design at all. Sorry to say that but there will be people who will like it. But just not me. 

One the other hand, I still think Hybrid is a better and more convenient system

• Praise 3

I see.  But what if when reach the charging point and there are other cars using it?  Still an inconvenience somewhat since the charging takes like hours.

Is there any EV that takes only 3-4 minutes to charge from empty to full like pumping petrol? That would be fast and no need waste time. 

Like it or not, EV will take over the combustion engine. Charging will improve and most times we don't wait till battery flat then charge like not until petrol tank is empty.

Battery replacement is the key consideration, but I want to believe this problem will be solved within 10 years. At least it must last that 10 years for your depreciation costing 😆

• Praise 3

Need 3 prong approach to solve this problem.

1. Charging station must be able to go beyond 150kw.  Currently, our charging station is 50kw.

2. Electricity "converter" in the car must be able to do it that fast.  Currently, it is very expensive.  It is found mostly in expensive EV.

3. Battery must be able to absorb that much energy that fast.

Currently, most of the fast charging cars are found in either Porsche or Merc

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Like it or not, EV will take over the combustion engine. Charging will improve and most times we don't wait till battery flat then charge like not until petrol tank is empty.

Battery replacement is the key consideration, but I want to believe this problem will be solved within 10 years. At least it must last that 10 years for your depreciation costing 😆

EV battery replacement is a key consideration if your mileage exceeds 160k km.

↡ Advertisement