Qatar World cup 2022

Beanoyip

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I thought the first jap penalty taker looks soooo stressed. They should choose the blond hair guy. 
I think coach ask them all shoot low… all the shots are weak and low. 

that was minamino...

of all people, he at least can count the League Cup Final against Chelsea as a precedent of this type of situation/pressure/experience... having won it with Liverpool back in... Feb/Mar...

but he was a bundle of nerves and kicked straight at the goalie... think they are so used to their own goalie during (any) practice, then last night see so tall goalie... all sian one half, didn't know where to kick... 

1 hour ago, Starry said:

Oh  yeah..that one.  North Korea was leading 3-0 at half time and then lost to Portugal. Eusebio's magic.

yup... so NK will forever be enshrined as the first Asian team to reach World Cup Football quarter final...

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

yup... so NK will forever be enshrined as the first Asian team to reach World Cup Football quarter final...

Hello... South Korea ever reach Semi final before in 2002....

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Hello... South Korea ever reach Semi final before in 2002....

i meant NK was the first Asian team to reach World Cup Football quarter final lah 😆

SK was the first too, but for semi final though. More impressive yes - but 36 yr later (for quarter final)...

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yes actually south korea capable to get into top 8

just that they unlucky to meet brazil

yah, tough group to be drawn into, and suay that the path will lead to brazil...

if they met Australia or Switzerland or USA, or even senegal, should have decent chance.

• Praise 1

Hope Morocco game tonight don't go to ET... I found my limit last night... When the ref blew after 90m of japan-croatia i auto dozed off till morning 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

i meant NK was the first Asian team to reach World Cup Football quarter final lah 😆

SK was the first too, but for semi final though. More impressive yes - but 36 yr later (for quarter final)...

Haha nk more impressive as only 16 teams joined and getting into top 8 definitely much easier😆

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Ok, let's see which asian team will be first to be in the final, don't know if will happen in my lifetime :D

• Haha! 1

41 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Ok, let's see which asian team will be first to be in the final, don't know if will happen in my lifetime :D

Sigh... i doubt seriously... for one thing, we see that size matters last night. So unless the Asians are technically and tactically much better, they'll be bullied by the big boys definitely.

and we see teams like Belgium, after decades get one golden generation - then came and went without any significant achievement...

much as i like to see Asians doing us proud, i think this is a tall order.

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Haha nk more impressive as only 16 teams joined and getting into top 8 definitely much easier😆

come to think of it, Italy must hate Koreans... 1966 humiliated by NK...

then 2002 sent packing by SK...

3 hours ago, Karoon said:

Hope Morocco game tonight don't go to ET... I found my limit last night... When the ref blew after 90m of japan-croatia i auto dozed off till morning 

if watch at home very easy to doze off.
I go cc watch with crowd, friends, and free food , u are sure to stay awake😂

Supercharged
12 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Rocking Morocco knocks out Shaky Spain.

:D 

It is good to see more underdogs win......

• Praise 3