Should I get a new car or renew COE?

Ct3833

Turbocharged
On 7/29/2024 at 5:12 PM, Lala81 said:

Oh my mistake typo. My ARF is 32k so Haha no lah. my PARF at scrap is 16k only. Yours is Q5 leh. Definitely no match. And your PARF definitely very substantial to give up if u decide to change car say within next 2-3 years if COE drop.

I'm not renewing in Jan '25. but going to wait for COE drop.

my fxt parf 9.6k. TC ftw! currently im inclining to renew when my coe up in another 2 years.

1 - high coe.

2 - Not into EV and no new cars im excited about.  i rather spend the money on an old coe yam3/4. 

but never say never. now just keep washing car. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supersonic
On 7/30/2024 at 9:59 AM, Stratovarius said:

my fxt parf 9.6k. TC ftw! currently im inclining to renew when my coe up in another 2 years.

1 - high coe.

2 - Not into EV and no new cars im excited about.  i rather spend the money on an old coe yam3/4. 

FXT not bad. Enough punch and practical too.

I would renew since only forgo 9.6k. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
On 7/30/2024 at 9:59 AM, Stratovarius said:

1 - high coe.

Also thinking should I renewed my fxt COE coming 2026.

But backside very itchy,  1st car for me to drive full 10yrs. And no car now can buy at $110,800 with a 240bhp, 350Nm.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 7/31/2024 at 9:15 AM, Tohto said:

But backside very itchy,  1st car for me to drive full 10yrs. And no car now can buy at $110,800 with a 240bhp, 350Nm.

2026 got ample time to decide. And COE peak supply will be around there? 2026/early 2027?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 7/31/2024 at 9:15 AM, Tohto said:

basically no car can buy at $110,800 leh...:grin:....dun say car, COE also not enuff!..:grin:

Edited by Spidey10
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic

Should I get a new car or renew COE?

Why question so bias one?

Shout be get new car renew COE or buy a jamesc good quality used car at affordable prices.

:D

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

MCF will one day need to change name to MNMCF.

Me No More Car Forum.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Or MCF

My Carlite Forum.

These days no more Japan Motor Show.

It's not Japan Mobility Show.

Hypersonic

Next time topics will be 

How I zhang my PMD 

and How I change my old people mobility scooter.

image.png.898885f541ac30c3d428bbfc871f96e7.png

image.png.9cbb8145001cbe8aed4869d3a850de25.png

image.png.c6fd5aee18170013bbb4d743ed610909.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
On 7/31/2024 at 2:39 PM, Jamesc said:

Next time topics will be 

How I zhang my PMD 

and How I change my old people mobility scooter.

image.png.898885f541ac30c3d428bbfc871f96e7.png

image.png.9cbb8145001cbe8aed4869d3a850de25.png

image.png.c6fd5aee18170013bbb4d743ed610909.png

i see a lot now....every sunday in church, pple come to church with PMD, got special place in the middle of the hall for them, and they park the PMD there ...1st thing come to mind was if it explode...then really hellaluya....:veryangry:

• Haha! 14

On 8/1/2024 at 8:07 AM, Spidey10 said:

i see a lot now....every sunday in church, pple come to church with PMD, got special place in the middle of the hall for them, and they park the PMD there ...1st thing come to mind was if it explode...then really hellaluya....:veryangry:

die in church gd what...instant see St PEter:a-rip:

• Haha! 8

Turbocharged
On 7/29/2024 at 4:06 PM, Ct3833 said:

Both my lao pok car have crossed the 15 years mark, still no regrets renewing their COEs. Except no pride lah, but who cares 😅

My lao pok car is 16 years old liao, many wear and tear parts have been replaced the past 6 years but i guess still cheaper than buying new car lor :D 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 7/29/2024 at 4:42 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Altis depends on mileage.  Lower mileage still ok one. 

Your comment a bit funny leh. It seems to apply for every single car in the universe :D 

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 7/29/2024 at 5:30 PM, Ct3833 said:

Replace bulb now about $1.50? last time 70cents can buy one already. My Altis  mileage now 320k km at 15+years, a few months ago repair transmission, now alive and kicking. 

How much did you spend for tranny overhaul? I'm guessing it's the 4 speed auto?

Supersonic
On 8/1/2024 at 9:09 AM, Beehive3783 said:

How much did you spend for tranny overhaul? I'm guessing it's the 4 speed auto?

I think around $2k, couldnt remember, something quite cheap that no need to remember 😅. Yes 4AT. 300+k km now.

my e200 also 220k km now after 15 years, not sure when the 5AT will fail😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 7/29/2024 at 5:31 PM, Unfazed said:

Existing car owners can unite and teach ADs a "lesson", by renewing COEs. 😇

But how many will do that? 😁

How many are wise calculators? 🙄

Verbally, many keep saying their car condition no issue one? 👍

If no issue, then why mai renew leh? Maybe in reality, engine here chui there chui everywhere chui chui...just "tong" there only. 

Many cars of 7 years or older, this that mai do. Such moment once starts, vicious cycle lai liao. This is the COE life vs psychological effect.

I just had a casual conversation with a Kia Cerato owner in his 50s and his Cerato 01 year to go. Sang praises of his Cerato but tell him to renew, he can say bohua one. Say will scrap and buy another car left 3 years plus one at 50 to 60k price range. I didn't study the used car market. But I asked him then isn't it more "wu hua" to renew just 5 years, cost less yet drive more, since he said his car "actually no issue". End up, he just shake his head said, "no lar, me bo renew one lah". 🙃

Conclusion, face lah, face lah, or money issue. How many pocket inside willing to dig out 40 over k one shot, and yet drive COE car? Or how many pocket inside really got 40 over k. Installment better lah, installment. Can drive newer car some more hor. 

I have a colleague who does the same. Buys PARF cars left with 3 to 4 years, drive 2 years, sell and then repeat the cycle. For each car, he spends money on wear and tear parts. In my mind I was thinking why not drive till the end and even renew the COE since he already spent so much on maintenance? And he does the same for every car he buys. Maybe he's rich la, drive till sian liao then change another car :D 

And then there is another group, they want minimal downtime on cars. So they buy a used car in decent condition, run it down till condition is like crap (because they refuse to commit downtime on the car), then they change cars. These are the cars that you do not want to buy.

Finally, the last group. They know their stuff, they know that wear and tear is inevitable, they know that maintenance is still cheaper than changing car and don't mind having some downtime on the car to make sure the maintenance is done right. These are the cars that one can buy.

• Praise 2

6th Gear
On 8/1/2024 at 9:08 AM, Beehive3783 said:

Your comment a bit funny leh. It seems to apply for every single car in the universe :D 

IMHO.
Eh... u must read the context of my reply leh.

↡ Advertisement