Singapore Reckless Drivers XIII

DOBIEMKZ

14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Bentley driver pleads guilty after threatening to run down security officer at Red Swastika School

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/bentley-driver-pleads-guilty-after-threatening-to-run-down-security-officer-at-red-swastika-school

I think sentencing is pending now.

Jailed 8 weeks, fined $600, banned from driving 12 months.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

22 hours ago, Blackaccent said:

Yes, I agree.

I always remind my daughter if cannot see oncoming cars, don't proceed to turn.

Wait for the green arrow. Behind cars horn, just ignore and dun get pressurised by them.

I always apply "risk vs reward" scale when driving

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

orbi quack
1205383743_Screenshot2022-10-19at11_12_09AM.thumb.png.02307af05b1cfd1baa601bcf946a8d2f.png

His case is still pending.

An online search of Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (Acra) revealed that the older Neo is the owner of Jia Xiu Contractors, a company involved in building construction.

He is also a director at two other companies - Aquatemp and JXC.

An Acra search also revealed that Glynn Neo is a director at JXC Logistics and Neo Times, which deals with used cars.

28yr old director liao must be very sartki and capable fella with lots of hardwork and sacrifice

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

The eye not big enough. Intent to hurt but only jailed 8 weeks :D

I think it's kinda fair. Previously van driver inch into lady causing more serious injury (knee contusion and hospitalization leave) than this case given 1 month jail.

For Bentley driver it's already double due to victim being security guard. 

Singapore is based on case law so will always look back to similar case for reference. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/man-jail-inch-van-woman-not-stopping-zebra-crossing-2272281

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

looks like the guy purpsely brake check the porsche.  But in all fairness, there is sufficient distance for the porsche to stop in time. 

in front got traffic lar..maybe brake a bit late, look like looking to turn left again but got cyclist so try to chiong ahead, not realizing (maybe one eye on the cyclist) the traffic in front stop liao... the porsche really cannot make it...never do e-brake before..but maybe the driver ALSO looking to filter left, never see traffic ahead...

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Bentley driver pleads guilty after threatening to run down security officer at Red Swastika School

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/bentley-driver-pleads-guilty-after-threatening-to-run-down-security-officer-at-red-swastika-school

I think sentencing is pending now.

Deserve longer sentence for all the gong jiao wei in court insulting the judge's intelligence 🤦🏻

In mitigation, Neo’s lawyer John Lim of LIMN Law Corporation said the accused was remorseful and “has not had a restful night since the incident”. 

When Mr Lim said the security guard stopped the Bentley while it was in the yellow box causing it to be an obstruction to oncoming traffic, District Judge Lim Tse Haw cautioned him from trying to pin the blame on the victim.

The court heard on Wednesday that the younger Neo altered the licence plate of the car for “photoshoot purposes”.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Deserve longer sentence for all the gong jiao wei in court insulting the judge's intelligence 🤦🏻

In mitigation, Neo’s lawyer John Lim of LIMN Law Corporation said the accused was remorseful and “has not had a restful night since the incident”. 

When Mr Lim said the security guard stopped the Bentley while it was in the yellow box causing it to be an obstruction to oncoming traffic, District Judge Lim Tse Haw cautioned him from trying to pin the blame on the victim.

The court heard on Wednesday that the younger Neo altered the licence plate of the car for “photoshoot purposes”.

What other mitigation plea can the Laoyer plead?
🤭

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ungtiong said:

in front got traffic lar..maybe brake a bit late, look like looking to turn left again but got cyclist so try to chiong ahead, not realizing (maybe one eye on the cyclist) the traffic in front stop liao... the porsche really cannot make it...never do e-brake before..but maybe the driver ALSO looking to filter left, never see traffic ahead...

Porsuay auntie say she is the victim already called husband, mechanic, TP and doctor to seek medical help 😂

quoted

ON THE STATED DATE & TIME, MY VEHICLE WAS TRAVELLING ALONG THE MIDDLE LANE OF SAID LOCATION IN ACCORDANCE TO THE TRAFFIC SPEED LIMIT. OTHER VEHICLES IN LANE 1 AND LANE 3 WAS TRAVELLING AND MOVING OFF NORMALLY. THERE WERE NO SIGHTS OF LANE 1 AND LANE 3 VEHICLES MAKING ANY E-BRAKES. 

THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OR SIGHT TO SHOWED THAT THERE WAS ANY OBSTRUCTION IN FRONT OF HER (PHOTOS ATTACHED). 

VEHICLE B (SNB3705D) IN FRONT OF ME, SIGNAL LEFT. DRIVER DID NOT MAKE THE LEFT TURN INSTEAD SHE MADE AN E-BRAKE AND LEFT HER VEHICLE STATIONARY IN THE MIDDLE LANE. MY IMMEDIATE REFLEX AND REACTION TIME WAS NOT ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH WITH HER UNPREDICTABLE DRIVING GESTURE/MOVE. 

ALL I COULD DO WAS TO BRAKE IMMEDIATELY. I ENCOUNTERED AN IMMEDIATE PANIC ATTACK, DRIVER OF VEHICLE B CAME OUT OF HER VEHICLE AND KEPT SCREAMING AT ME AND PASS ME HER BLUE NRIC. SHE WAS OK AND SHE EVEN LEFT HER CAR TO CALL HER SON TO COME OVER, IN WHICH WE SUPPOSED SHE WAS RESIDING AT THE SAME AREA AS WELL. SHE WENT ACROSS THE STREET AND EVEN STOOD ON THE ROAD DIVIDER WITH HER HANDS CROSSED (PHOTO ATTACHED)

I HAD NO IDEA WHAT SHE WAS TRYING TO DO. MY FIRST INSTINCT WAS TO CALL MY HUSBAND, MY MECHANIC AND TRAFFIC POLICE. I AM STILL IN ANXIETY, SHOCK AND I WILL SEEK NECESSARY MEDICAL ADVISE.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

53 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

I HAD NO IDEA WHAT SHE WAS TRYING TO DO. MY FIRST INSTINCT WAS TO CALL MY HUSBAND, MY MECHANIC AND TRAFFIC POLICE. I AM STILL IN ANXIETY, SHOCK AND I WILL SEEK NECESSARY MEDICAL ADVISE.

Didn't call her lawyer down .... [sly]

• Haha! 4

55 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Porsuay auntie say she is the victim already called husband, mechanic, TP and doctor to seek medical help 😂

quoted

ON THE STATED DATE & TIME, MY VEHICLE WAS TRAVELLING ALONG THE MIDDLE LANE OF SAID LOCATION IN ACCORDANCE TO THE TRAFFIC SPEED LIMIT. OTHER VEHICLES IN LANE 1 AND LANE 3 WAS TRAVELLING AND MOVING OFF NORMALLY. THERE WERE NO SIGHTS OF LANE 1 AND LANE 3 VEHICLES MAKING ANY E-BRAKES. 

THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OR SIGHT TO SHOWED THAT THERE WAS ANY OBSTRUCTION IN FRONT OF HER (PHOTOS ATTACHED). 

VEHICLE B (SNB3705D) IN FRONT OF ME, SIGNAL LEFT. DRIVER DID NOT MAKE THE LEFT TURN INSTEAD SHE MADE AN E-BRAKE AND LEFT HER VEHICLE STATIONARY IN THE MIDDLE LANE. MY IMMEDIATE REFLEX AND REACTION TIME WAS NOT ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH WITH HER UNPREDICTABLE DRIVING GESTURE/MOVE. 

ALL I COULD DO WAS TO BRAKE IMMEDIATELY. I ENCOUNTERED AN IMMEDIATE PANIC ATTACK, DRIVER OF VEHICLE B CAME OUT OF HER VEHICLE AND KEPT SCREAMING AT ME AND PASS ME HER BLUE NRIC. SHE WAS OK AND SHE EVEN LEFT HER CAR TO CALL HER SON TO COME OVER, IN WHICH WE SUPPOSED SHE WAS RESIDING AT THE SAME AREA AS WELL. SHE WENT ACROSS THE STREET AND EVEN STOOD ON THE ROAD DIVIDER WITH HER HANDS CROSSED (PHOTO ATTACHED)

Her response time really quite slow. This type of braking is call immediately ah? I think she better sit at home or employ a driver to drive for her. SG roads are too stressed up for her to drive on. 

• Haha! 7

5 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Her response time really quite slow. This type of braking is call immediately ah? I think she better sit at home or employ a driver to drive for her. SG roads are too stressed up for her to drive on. 

Certain CPU I tink runs on DOS...😁

• Haha! 6

21 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Taxi and PHV being competitors, will never get along, ever. 

The way the taxi passenger swung open the door abruptly is also quite disregardful; nearly hit onto the vehicle travelling on the adjacent lane.

↡ Advertisement