Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 3

Carbon82

On 11/14/2023 at 10:41 PM, Confusedboi said:

This grill looks seriously hideous imo on the Lexus van I mean mpv. Ford raptor is huge.

41525B28-9731-4718-BD0F-305F7048EC59.jpeg

9209DF6A-5F71-4652-9433-0C5AF4F7DD65.jpeg

C9B74F34-76CE-4A41-AF4B-A7B520ADC4F2.jpeg

8B2F0D11-F600-46AC-977B-0036BC458F9D.jpeg

I am probably alone in this view, but I never understand the point of premium MPVs.

It's an MPV, and it has an utility purpose that's all. Just how big is the difference in comfort and driving experience between the Lexus vs a Alphard or even Voxy? Or throw in the others, like Freed etc, Mazda Biante, etc?

I have sat in the above mentioned before, except that Lexus MPV, and to me it just does the job perfectly getting from point A to B. There is no "enjoyment" to speak of, other than maybe comfortable seats and good air con.

For the driving experience, I rather drive my own sedan car.

Hence I fail to appreciate any market segmentation in the the MPV class. And especially those zheng their MPVs by putting sports rims or carbon bonnets....that's even harder for me to comprehend.

• Haha! 3

On 11/14/2023 at 11:51 PM, 107fan said:

I am probably alone in this view, but I never understand the point of premium MPVs.

It's an MPV, and it has an utility purpose that's all. Just how big is the difference in comfort and driving experience between the Lexus vs a Alphard or even Voxy? Or throw in the others, like Freed etc, Mazda Biante, etc?

I have sat in the above mentioned before, except that Lexus MPV, and to me it just does the job perfectly getting from point A to B. There is no "enjoyment" to speak of, other than maybe comfortable seats and good air con.

Hence I fail to appreciate any market segmentation in the the MPV class. And especially those zheng their MPVs by putting sports rims or carbon bonnets....that's even harder for me to comprehend.

To understand MPV, you must be the boss and not chauffeur.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 5

On 11/14/2023 at 7:01 AM, BanCoe said:

is this kind of fancy font even allowed here?? look at the letter "L" 

He is trying to tell you he just preambery too :XD:

• Haha! 4

On 11/14/2023 at 11:51 PM, 107fan said:

Yes, like it was mentioned earlier, its not for the driver but for the passengers. Let me elaborate.

Hitherto the chaufferred can hope into the rear of a luxury sedan (think S-class, 7-series) or lately, luxury SUVs (think Range Rover). Spacious though they may be, the rear seats of these cars still has space constraints. You are still seated fixed in place.

An MPV, especially a 4-seater version of the Lexus LM, allows absolute space and a total freedom of movement, and as such, is a paradigm shift for luxury road travel. Like homes and properties, space is luxury. The seats can be reclined to an almost horizontal angle. Ingress and egress is a more elegant affair compacted to a low slung sedan or a tall SUV. You step in, and step out.

One may say that a converted Merc Vito or Sprinter is even bigger, but their roots are embedded in a van chassis, so unlikely to be as refined as a car-based MPV. 

image.thumb.png.d24544121e7ebd87f2678bb37ce6a80b.png

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 11

On 11/15/2023 at 9:27 AM, inlinesix said:

To understand MPV, you must be the boss and not chauffeur.

No wonder in most Sentosa Cove bungalows the vehicles are mainly Roll Royces and… Toyota Alphards and Vellfires.  I foresee in future i will see a lot of Lexus MPVs there.

• Haha! 1

On 11/15/2023 at 3:50 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

No wonder in most Sentosa Cove bungalows the vehicles are mainly Roll Royces and… Toyota Alphards and Vellfires.  I foresee in future i will see a lot of Lexus MPVs there.

Only resident can enter those estates

👍🏻

On 11/15/2023 at 3:50 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

The 10 Chinese "Wash Money Gang",2 of them Staying Sentosa,the Rest Stayed at Mainland GCBs..all have Toyota Alphards & Rolls Royces.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:34 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Yes, like it was mentioned earlier, its not for the driver but for the passengers. Let me elaborate.

Hitherto the chaufferred can hope into the rear of a luxury sedan (think S-class, 7-series) or lately, luxury SUVs (think Range Rover). Spacious though they may be, the rear seats of these cars still has space constraints. You are still seated fixed in place.

An MPV, especially a 4-seater version of the Lexus LM, allows absolute space and a total freedom of movement, and as such, is a paradigm shift for luxury road travel. Like homes and properties, space is luxury. The seats can be reclined to an almost horizontal angle. Ingress and egress is a more elegant affair compacted to a low slung sedan or a tall SUV. You step in, and step out.

One may say that a converted Merc Vito or Sprinter is even bigger, but their roots are embedded in a van chassis, so unlikely to be as refined as a car-based MPV. 

image.thumb.png.d24544121e7ebd87f2678bb37ce6a80b.png

Why stop there? If one were in the laundry biz, must consider one up on luxury MPV.  Go all the way for a luxury bus.

Not sure how much skills needed to do pole dancing in a moving vehicle though.

White_Rose_Limo_Twitter-1600x900.thumb.jpg.9385fa84f856beaae584f3d9a70ae7b2.jpg  

• Haha! 2

@Confusedboi the poorer cousin of that Lexus LM you spotted earlier, the latest 4th Generation Toyota Alphard (AH40), which was priced at ~$400K when launched by Borneo Motors in late September this year. 

IMG_20231119_114743.jpg

IMG_20231119_114805.jpg

IMG_20231119_114756.jpg

Look better in metal, and more elegant than the luxurious Lexus LM imo. 

• Praise 12

On 11/19/2023 at 11:00 PM, Carbon82 said:

@Confusedboi the poorer cousin of that Lexus LM you spotted earlier, the latest 4th Generation Toyota Alphard (AH40), which was priced at ~$400K when launched by Borneo Motors in late September this year. 

IMG_20231119_114743.jpg

IMG_20231119_114805.jpg

IMG_20231119_114756.jpg

Look better in metal, and more elegant than the luxurious Lexus LM imo. 

wow this really looks better than the hideous grille on the lexus model.., for once toyota >lexus, more value

• Haha! 1

On 11/21/2023 at 7:33 AM, Ct3833 said:

20231121_095325.jpg

20231121_095345.jpg

No problem for Malaysian to drive gas guzzlers. Petrol is so cheap. 

↡ Advertisement