Planned liberation of Taiwan in the making…..

steveluv

6th Gear
On 7/20/2024 at 9:42 PM, Playtime said:

It's all about resource. 

If we look at resource put in, it goes far far deeper than that. Today's world is basically still built on post WW2 results. 

Direct US fighting forces and aid to allies (include ussr) was what kept Europe afloat against hitler.

Japan was basically defeated solely by the US navy.  Conveniently also saving China in the process.

When WW2 ended,  as the sole undamaged economy,  it directly/ indirectly bankrolled the reconstruction of Europe... including former enemies Germany,  Italy,  Japan. 

After that,  it repeated for South Korea.

Little of any of those was ever repaid. Cos of the US belief in a "free world"... kinda idealistic.  But there was NEVER a super power that behaved that way.

But more importantly,  the US navy ensured that freedom of navigation in the oceans was real for the first time in history. It made possible the global trade that ensured unknown before prosperity for most EVERYONE,  even Russian ships, while countries like Singapore are alive only because of it.... Lky knew and built a carrier berth.

It's undeniable many countries took advantage and were frankly parasitic in this equation. This includes Europe too.

Things are changing,  in fact it already started since several presidents ago. Thrump is just the most vocal. 

Can't really blame them,  they want everyone to pay a fair share. The US increasingly no longer has the will nor ability to do it alone. 

There US could revert to pre WW2 isolationism,  and people who are cheering it have no bloody idea of the consequences of what they are talking about.

The United Nations formed following the failure of its former counterpart, the league of nations

By not giving sufficient voice to economic and military superpowers, conflicts break out inevitably 

For the past 70 years, UN, though its shortcomings, has been relatively effective in preventing major wars between nuclear powers from breaking out

I would say, though I may not have lived through then, the 60s through 80s to be effective spread of US influence through “globalisation” where the US citizenry is confident, and economic “co-prosperity” is spread through 3rd world countries

Post 2000s created a series of bubbles originating from US causing contagion through the world and economic suffering was co-paid by the world

Since 2010s with Obama’s “return to US” call for manufacturing, it turned its back on economic textbooks 

The US now is no longer the same as then

I’ll link a fireside chat with Ng Eng Hen just this week on SG’s view on US 

It will be good to understand, especially the vague and unspoken answers to the moderator

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
On 7/21/2024 at 9:23 AM, yishunite said:

Minister of defence is low profile to you??

I meant he's like the solid actor who do major shows... but never even nominated to win awards. Kinda like leonardo di caprio.🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 7/21/2024 at 6:14 PM, Playtime said:

I meant he's like the solid actor who do major shows... but never even nominated to win awards. Kinda like leonardo di caprio.🤣

The interesting thing is that with 4g not one of them seems to be understudying to take over MINDEF or MFA... Ng and Vivian got these lock tight and the 4G look like school chewren next to them 🤣

Turbocharged
On 7/21/2024 at 11:54 AM, Sturtles said:

I would say, though I may not have lived through then, the 60s through 80s to be effective spread of US influence through “globalisation” ...

Your account creation date is 2004. You didnt live in 1980s. So your telling me you were max 14 years old when you register account at MY CAR FORUM ah 🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Now, if Sg could run the property known as China, would sg NOT do it?

PRC has absolutely no intention of helping the Koreas unite and alleviating Japan elderly problem, ergo absorbing 2 more provinces…Kiv the third province known as Vietnam.

too much work, easier to go military method.

Now if prc is able to charm and smiling tiger neh neh level (notice he channel his turbo and ecu known as IVY) then USA would need diapers.

we need people who can get their hands dirty , trained to be responsible , and able to manage the truth such as you are going to die with you thanking and paying them.

It’s funny, 2 Asians sprecken English in Aspen. SNL at its finest. Comedy hour.

you see la Trump eyeing the gold of China liao. I hope his ear recovers. Acerbic.

Edited by Datsun366