[Spyshots] 2023 4th Generation Skoda Superb

Carbon82

One of the reason I bought my Superb was there’s no floating display.. for some reason i cannot accept it till now 🤣

even back in 2018 many cars come with floating display liao..

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 8/29/2023 at 11:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

Interior of the next generation Superb detailed by Skoda. Elegant and practical as usual but I do find the floating display a little too big for the car (just like Tesla model 3)

230829_Interior-highlights-of-the-all-ne

The forth-generation Škoda Superb boast completely redesigned interiors, featuring a sleek digital cockpit, head-up display, and an impressive 13-inch free-standing infotainment display.

The gear selector has been relocated to the steering column for improved accessibility. This new arrangement creates a roomy centre console with more storage space.

Škoda Smart Dials mark a new direction in design. Enhancing onboard operation, the customisable Škoda Smart Dials allow for easy control. Each rotary push-button provides intuitive access to various vehicle functions, and a digital display ensures a quick, comprehensive overview at any time.

It is good that the aircon has it own function dials and buttons, not buried in the sub-menus of its big screen.

And finally the vw group did away with the sliding soft touch panel and soft touch buttons. It doesnt impress ppl or give a luxury feel. It is "simply annoying" to use in a car. LoL

• Praise 2

On 8/29/2023 at 11:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

Interior of the next generation Superb detailed by Skoda. Elegant and practical as usual but I do find the floating display a little too big for the car (just like Tesla model 3)

The forth-generation Škoda Superb boast completely redesigned interiors, featuring a sleek digital cockpit, head-up display, and an impressive 13-inch free-standing infotainment display.

The gear selector has been relocated to the steering column for improved accessibility. This new arrangement creates a roomy centre console with more storage space.

Škoda Smart Dials mark a new direction in design. Enhancing onboard operation, the customisable Škoda Smart Dials allow for easy control. Each rotary push-button provides intuitive access to various vehicle functions, and a digital display ensures a quick, comprehensive overview at any time.

Nice and not boring. Good to have physical buttons. These days there are so many makers make the dashboard so clean that all look the same design with just screens.

• Praise 1

2024-skoda-superb-liftback-teaser.jpg

This upcoming fourth-gen model is even bigger than its predecessor as it's been stretched by 43 millimeters to 4,912 mm.

Height is up by 12 mm to 1,481 mm while width and wheelbase have remained the same, at 1,834 mm and 2,841 mm respectively. Thanks to its increased footprint, the 2024 Superb has an extra 11 mm of front headroom and an additional 6 mm of rear headroom compared to the model it replaces. Cargo capacity is increasing by 20 liters to a gargantuan 645 l with the rear seats in place. Featuring an evolutionary design, the D-segment car boasts various aero tweaks that have reduced the drag coefficient to 0.24.

Aside from the usual Sportline and Laurin & Klement trim levels, the revamped model will be sold in lesser Essence and Selection versions while the old Active, Ambition, and Style trims are gone. The official reveal is scheduled for November when Skoda will also take the wraps off the wagon.

• Praise 6

On 9/6/2023 at 7:15 AM, Wt_know said:

just swap the bonnet emblem, it probably can post as BMW 3 series? [sly] 

looking at the length, its more like the 5er le. Pretty long saloon. i guess its still a fastback design which i like.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:55 AM, Hamburger said:

looking at the length, its more like the 5er le. Pretty long saloon. i guess its still a fastback design which i like.

yeah ... bigger and bigger

can give 5-series a run for their money ... 

• Praise 1

The next Gen Superb unveiled. 

SPB_NG_BS_RANGE_07_low-copy_411987fb-144

Superb_front_ff244a9a-1440x961.jpg

Superb_34front_right_a4638148-1440x960.j

Superb_side_left_62f50643-1440x961.jpg

Superb_34rear_left_dda5a1a8-1440x960.jpg

Superb_34rear_right_450bafeb-1440x960.jp

Superb_rear_be0395fa-1440x961.jpg

SuperbCombi_34front_right_e484e8f1-1440x

SuperbCombi_34rear_left_e7cd5232-1440x96

Superb_Combi_Front_crop_20231019_a0c5b39

Superb_PHEV_Back_20231019_09276810-1440x

SuperbCombi_boot01_b8de4e8d.gif

SPB_NG_051_low_20eaf033-1440x959.jpg

SPB_NG_057_low_bbf1771f-1440x1091.jpg

SPB_NG_071_low_7234514e-1440x1080.jpg

SPB_NG_069_low_14a14700-1440x1080.jpg

SPB_NG_078_low_c27047a8-1440x1080.jpg

SPB_NG_097_low_6b285f59-1440x1080.jpg

The fourth generation comes with a wealth of options to choose from. The Superb will continue to be available in Combi estate and hatchback body styles, and customers will be able to choose from seven different interior designs, six powertrain options including a plug-in hybrid variant, and all-wheel drive. There will also be a premium Laurin & Klement trim level.

The new Superb is larger than the previous generation, with the body boasting improved aerodynamics. The lower drag coefficients are 0.23 for the hatchback and 0.25 for the Combi estate, improvements of 10% and 15% respectively contributing to reduced fuel consumption. The front of the car is dominated by a new octagonal grille and second-generation LED Matrix beam headlights, which deliver up to 40% more light output than the first version. The wheels can be up to 19 inches in diameter.

The Superb offers more space for both occupants and luggage. Both body variants are longer and taller than their predecessor (by 40 mm and 5 mm in the Combi, 43 mm and 12 mm in the hatchback), so passengers will not only have more legroom, but more headroom as well. The boot remains huge, with the hatchback boasting 645 litres of space (a 20-litre increase) and the Combi 690 litres (30 litres more).

The cars are powered by one of six engine variants. The 1.5 TSI unit with 110 kW has mild-hybrid technology, while the 2.0 TSI unit in 150 kW and 195 kW versions delivers plenty of power. The fuel-efficient 2.0 TDI diesel will be available in 110 kW and 142 kW versions. The sixth powertrain is a plug-in hybrid that combines a 1.5 TSI unit and an electric motor. The latter delivers a system output of 150 kW (204 hp) and enables an all-electric range of more than 100 kilometres on the WLTP cycle. This unit will be exclusive to the Superb Combi estate. All variants of the latest-generation Superb have a DSG automatic gearbox with the selector on the steering column, and the most powerful diesel and petrol engines come with all-wheel drive as standard.

A range of advanced driver assistance systems (such as the new generation of parking assistance systems, assisted driving and blind-spot monitoring) will make driving the car easier. The optional DCC Plus Adaptive Chassis will provide a superior driving experience. The Superb also boasts cutting-edge safety equipment with up to ten airbags, and advanced connectivity.

• Praise 10

On 11/3/2023 at 4:41 PM, Shouyi said:

The exterior looks like a facelift of the current generation.

Or a upsized octavia

Very nice design. By the time Singapore stocks arrive and homogolated by LTA, should be Q2 2025.

Depending on how SCS price it and the Coe pricing in 2025, I will consider either this or the Octavia RS for my next ride. 😄

↡ Advertisement