3 S'porean men allegedly detained for 7 days in Johor as passports had no record of them entering M'sia

kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Once I followed a few bolehland registered cars to an unattended booth...those fellows just drove off without stopping...limpeh followed suit...upon receiving advice from our side...made a trip back the following day and got all passports stamped at JB side...not without a warning though 😅

So the Malaysia custom back-dated the stamp date for your exit?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This happens to MY fren long time ago.

The person arrived at Changi Airport.  Subsequently, exit at the causeway.

At Changi Airport, custom stamped a later date (i.e.tomorrow). 

While on the way to the causeway, it was noted that the date was wrong.

Quickly u-turn back to Changi Airport.

Remember those Malaysia custom officer changing shift carrying a rectangular metal container walking toward their booth?

What if that day was he/her first shift? Date would still be yesterday.

Wifey always nagged at me. Insisting to spend a minutes going through all passports before promoting me to drive off. Rear vehicles must be pissed off with us. 😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

So the Malaysia custom back-dated the stamp date for your exit?

I tink so...saw the nice officer played with the stamp before stamping...😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

Boleh land cannot be trusted. They want our Sing Dollars and yet the ica is playing the old trick again and again.

I had this experience many years ago. In my case, they did not stamp the passport when we exited Tg Kupang ICA.

When we made the next trip, the ICA counter officer spotted there was no exit stamp and hauled in to the office of his superior.

I told them that we entered and left the same day on the previous trip and went through the same ICA complex. We did not check our passport when the officer returned them to us. We could not have overstayed in Malaysia for so long and we had just enter by the same route in our vehicle. 

The senior officer accepted our explanation and order the ICA officer of stamp our passport and sign on the page and let us in.

There are so many such cases and they never bother to investigate what their officers are doing. 

• Praise 4

35 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Thats why always told my passengers to check the stamp and date after clear immigration

Since I had already queued for many hours, I will wait for another 5 minutes at the MY side immigration booth, checking to make sure that all passports are chopped in front of the officer. :yuush:

Only then I will drive off.  :ignoring:

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Boleh land cannot be trusted. They want our Sing Dollars and yet the ica is playing the old trick again and again.

I had this experience many years ago. In my case, they did not stamp the passport when we exited Tg Kupang ICA.

When we made the next trip, the ICA counter officer spotted there was no exit stamp and hauled in to the office of his superior.

I told them that we entered and left the same day on the previous trip and went through the same ICA complex. We did not check our passport when the officer returned them to us. We could not have overstayed in Malaysia for so long and we had just enter by the same route in our vehicle. 

The senior officer accepted our explanation and order the ICA officer of stamp our passport and sign on the page and let us in.

There are so many such cases and they never bother to investigate what their officers are doing. 

Heard of one tiong bu threw ruckus at custom becos of some items in the boot...refused to concede...higher rank came down...still refused to budge...invited to room for further questioning...banged table, raised voice until even higher rank came in to saya...

She's lucky not having to do naked squat...😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Remember those Malaysia custom officer changing shift carrying a rectangular metal container walking toward their booth?

What if that day was he/her first shift? Date would still be yesterday.

Wifey always nagged at me. Insisting to spend a minutes going through all passports before promoting me to drive off. Rear vehicles must be pissed off with us. 😁

I never moved off until my wife give me ok.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

In short, it is your fault to check whether there is an exit stamp.

Sg ICA has advised numerous times to check both entry and exit stamp.

10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

These peoples never joint MCF or Hardware Zone ...... :lll._.:

If they joint members, they will know all this problems exist all along ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Like you & me .... :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 1

Had these men aware that their passport not chopped, and go report passport lost and get some emergency replacement from embassy or consulate, probably can avoid the 7 days detention and fine......wahahaha.....

:grin:

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is his duty to stamp the passport after checking. He failed to stamp. Not my fault. If it were my fault, do you think they would let me in with stamp and signature?

Checking is a precaution. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

Checking for the ica stamps may not be that easy especially when there are a few passports to check. Some ica officers do not stamp on the next available space. They just turn to any empty page and chopped. So you have to flip through the pages.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Checking for the ica stamps may not be that easy especially when there are a few passports to check. Some ica officers do not stamp on the next available space. They just turn to any empty page and chopped. So you have to flip through the pages.

What my wife did was using a paper clip to clip those pages that had been chopped. 

Leaving the empty page for them .... :secret-laugh:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

What my wife did was using a paper clip to clip those pages that had been chopped. 

Understood. 

Some ica officers have different frequency. They just open any page at the back and stamp. 

Then again, once they stamp, it is considered Good already😬

10 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Actually, I don’t care about q behind.

I will make sure everyone check their passport before moving off.

If I fly, I will mark the page with entry stamp.

When I exit, I will inform the officer.

It is win win for both parties.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
40 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

Had these men aware that their passport not chopped, and go report passport lost and get some emergency replacement from embassy or consulate, probably can avoid the 7 days detention and fine......wahahaha.....

:grin:

Don't do that. Penalty for making such false report under SG law is more serious, I would think.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Heard of one tiong bu threw ruckus at custom becos of some items in the boot...refused to concede...higher rank came down...still refused to budge...invited to room for further questioning...banged table, raised voice until even higher rank came in to saya...

She's lucky not having to do naked squat...😂

They dare not do this in their own country. Just let them sit long long in the room lor. Else deport and kick out. 

• Haha! 1

Golden rule to remember Always check passport is stamped correctly when going up north and coming back.  Side note, Do you guys get asked if got bring in cigarettes when retuning to sg? When came back from kL to tuas checkpoint a few weeks back , they check my car very throughly and ask me open up my luggage to look through everything and ask me whether got bring in cigarettes. I say no since I don’t smoke lol. Since I solo traveler think they check more tightly 😓.

↡ Advertisement