Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Hypersonic
On 7/8/2024 at 8:31 PM, Lala81 said:

must be before my time. 

No leh.

https://lauwangclaypot.com

Try the sliced fish herbal soup, it’s really good. VFM.

The 麻油鸡 is good too.

I bring my friends there, they all like it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
On 7/8/2024 at 9:38 PM, Fcw75 said:

No leh.

https://lauwangclaypot.com

Try the sliced fish herbal soup, it’s really good. VFM.

The 麻油鸡 is good too.

I bring my friends there, they all like it.

Yeah there's no more branch at yishun, nor serangoon. 

Mersaylee goes to the oasis terrace one at punggol. but it's unfortunately bit out of the way for me. 

The ma you ji at all malaysia boleh food courts and iEAT is pretty good. They are all under Fei Siong group. Quite consistent quality. 
$6.80 without rice. I give my thumbs up. 

• Praise 3

I always have lao wang at bugis+, cheap and good.

i think now they have few outlets.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 7/8/2024 at 1:09 PM, Stary said:

Never tried before Punggol or what Chong Pang nasi lemak....

I don't like Chinese nasi lemak. They are nothing more than very expensive cai png being rebranded into "nasi lemak".

Want nice nasi lemak, go across the causeway. Even their McD nasi lemak is nicer than the ones here.

I cannot even bring myself to finish a Malaysian McD nasi lemak and usually disappointed with random coffeeshop type coz I dunno where are good ones in Malaysia. Only I find Malay nasi lemak chilli usually better than Chinese coz they put more sugar plus made to add like gravy lol. But our Chinese nasi lemak got veg, achar (last time I ask a Malay store why they don't have this and they say achar is Indian lol), and fresher chicken/fish (still crispy) 90% of the time better than Malay one. My go to one is Khatib central next to NTUC. Only if you go restaurant then Malay one start to beat Chinese/Peranakan.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 7/8/2024 at 9:44 PM, Lala81 said:

Yeah there's no more branch at yishun, nor serangoon. 

Mersaylee goes to the oasis terrace one at punggol. but it's unfortunately bit out of the way for me. 

The ma you ji at all malaysia boleh food courts and iEAT is pretty good. They are all under Fei Siong group. Quite consistent quality. 
$6.80 without rice. I give my thumbs up. 

There's another lao wang at tenpenis one...just as far hor 😁

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/9/2024 at 8:34 AM, yishunite said:

I cannot even bring myself to finish a Malaysian McD nasi lemak and usually disappointed with random coffeeshop type coz I dunno where are good ones in Malaysia. Only I find Malay nasi lemak chilli usually better than Chinese coz they put more sugar plus made to add like gravy lol. But our Chinese nasi lemak got veg, achar (last time I ask a Malay store why they don't have this and they say achar is Indian lol), and fresher chicken/fish (still crispy) 90% of the time better than Malay one. My go to one is Khatib central next to NTUC. Only if you go restaurant then Malay one start to beat Chinese/Peranakan.

Random coffee shop in MY sell “budget” Nasi lemak. Rice, Sambal and Egg.

Usually MY Nasi Lemak has better rice with a lot of coconut milk.

Our Nasi Lemak rice is not so fragrant.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
On 7/9/2024 at 8:49 AM, yishunite said:

Ya well I dun like so lemak lol

That’s why you said no good.

Nasi Lemak should be Lemak rather than chicken wing

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/9/2024 at 8:53 AM, inlinesix said:

That’s why you said no good.

Nasi Lemak should be Lemak rather than chicken wing

Nasi lemak is all about the rice and chilli...goreng kacang and ikan bilis are added value...kuneng was a luxury...😁

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 8:34 AM, yishunite said:

I haven't been there for a while. But the chong pang carpark entrance coffeeshop with the hup lee beehoon, had a pretty decent malay nasi lemak, though bit on the more expensive side. around 5+ and above. haha it has pretty bad ratings on google maps now. 

I think coba coba the nasi lemak (chicken wing) also decent.

yishun park HC the ayam aliwang also ok bah. 

All malay versions. 

Not really a fan of chinese nasi lemak. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Flashback to when Lau Wong say cannot anyhow raise wages of workers in 2022: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/lawrence-wong-alliance-action-lower-wage-workers-minimum-salaries-jobs-2962856

Now instead landlords raise rental massively, gahmen raise GST, and Ukraine war raise oil and food prices so how? Can control these rises also to prevent "unintended consequences"?

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 7/8/2024 at 12:40 PM, Scion said:

true...

as for Punggol Nasi Lemak, i think i never ate for more than 10 years 😁

i can find $3+ nasi lemak elsewhere and it taste much better 

I will rather go Adam road or Changi Village.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Really curious what's the main cause or contributing factors of price surges for olive oil?

One popular brand I have been using has the RSP increase from $28 range to $45 and promo price from $19.90 to $35 in last 18 months.

2nd Gear
On 7/21/2024 at 9:12 PM, Atonchia said:

Really curious what's the main cause or contributing factors of price surges for olive oil?

One popular brand I have been using has the RSP increase from $28 range to $45 and promo price from $19.90 to $35 in last 18 months.

Heard is due to olives not able to grow due to climate change 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/23/2024 at 11:02 PM, Benarsenal said:

From another report, you might have missed it.

Notably, the unit sold was only 3.5 years old with 96 years remaining on its 99-year lease. The property’s status as a replacement flat under the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS) allowed the owners to sell the unit after seven years from registration, or five years from the date of key collection – whichever is earlier, explains Eugene Lim, key executive officer at ERA.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2