Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Hypersonic
On 4/2/2024 at 9:28 AM, Vratenza said:

Ask these foreigners to give up their citizenship and migrate here.

Grass is always greener on the other side when you don't need to do the hard work of weeding, watering and fertilizing it.

You would be surprise many of them want to take up the citizenship here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 4/2/2024 at 9:28 AM, Vratenza said:

Ask these foreigners to give up their citizenship and migrate here.

Grass is always greener on the other side when you don't need to do the hard work of weeding, watering and fertilizing it.

Be careful what you wish for [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 3/30/2024 at 1:31 PM, Throttle2 said:

If you 50 and you go poly 2 yrs get diploma at 52,  then siao liao.   neither here nor there.  employer cant pay you what you expect. and you cant accept what they can pay you.    

muayhahhahhahah good luck sg good luck situation

Not true lah. I got 'restructed' at 48 and restart my new career. It turns out to be a blessing in disguise. If I would have stayed, I can see there isn't anything to look forward. Have a positive mindset and adopt a 'if that guy could, why can't you' attitude. 

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
On 4/3/2024 at 8:05 AM, Victor68 said:

Not true lah. I got 'restructed' at 48 and restart my new career. It turns out to be a blessing in disguise. If I would have stayed, I can see there isn't anything to look forward. Have a positive mindset and adopt a 'if that guy could, why can't you' attitude. 

Ehh...I'll stick to the dry type...😅

OIP.jpg

Supersonic
On 4/3/2024 at 8:05 AM, Victor68 said:

Glad it worked out for you

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 4/3/2024 at 9:10 AM, Throttle2 said:

Glad it worked out for you

It was very stressful when you need to put food on the table for 7 mouths. But, the struggle was all worth it looking back. Gald it is all over. The pig has to jump over the wall lah. 😆

• Praise 4

Supersonic
(edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 7:42 PM, Atonchia said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/primary-school-dropout-earns-5000-month-food-delivery-rider-says-could-be-his-lifetime

Imagine a family of four 

All doing similar, then a household income of $20k....

Jiak bey liao already.

using time and effort for so little money is pathetic.  the sooner he realises, the better.

but alas, once you are trapped in that , such as he, there will be no realisation.   

the moment he stops pedaling, the money stops too.  good luck to him, hope he maintains his hardworking attitude but doesnt stay foolish for too long 

For $15 an hour?  you can be a waiter at a hotel and do better

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic
On 4/4/2024 at 7:42 PM, Atonchia said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/primary-school-dropout-earns-5000-month-food-delivery-rider-says-could-be-his-lifetime

Imagine a family of four 

All doing similar, then a household income of $20k....

Jiak bey liao already.

Toil for 16 to 20 hrs a day till 65?? He’s only 21, that mean another 44 years.

Don’t think his body can take it.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 5:21 PM, Fcw75 said:

They recently release the high foreigner employment rates say local full employment 

this one is to say see full employment for local 

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 6:31 PM, Mustank said:

They recently release the high foreigner employment rates say local full employment 

this one is to say see full employment for local 

If local uncompetitive, boh pian lo.

You want us to be “Bumi” huh?

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 5:21 PM, Fcw75 said:

I think if he cannot hold down regular jobs, this gig job is the best for him, better than sitting around at home or making everyone unhappy at work place. But 20 hrs a day is not realistic - 4hr of rest? 

• Praise 4

Supersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 3:18 PM, Throttle2 said:

using time and effort for so little money is pathetic.  the sooner he realises, the better.

but alas, once you are trapped in that , such as he, there will be no realisation.   

the moment he stops pedaling, the money stops too.  good luck to him, hope he maintains his hardworking attitude but doesnt stay foolish for too long 

For $15 an hour?  you can be a waiter at a hotel and do better

A bit like those coolies in SG early years ploughing the rickshaws to ferry people around, then now is ferry food or grocery etc. 

Also with such jobs don't have chance of career progression. 

I agree, as a wait staff probably has better career progression than doing delivery as he ages.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 6:07 PM, Volvobrick said:

I think if he cannot hold down regular jobs, this gig job is the best for him, better than sitting around at home or making everyone unhappy at work place. But 20 hrs a day is not realistic - 4hr of rest? 

If he becomes waiter probably only work 9 hours and less labourious. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I also need a gig job where i work only 3hrs a day max.

$300 per hour, is acceptable.

pm me if anything suitable.  Thanks

Supersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 9:35 PM, Atonchia said:

A bit like those coolies in SG early years ploughing the rickshaws to ferry people around, then now is ferry food or grocery etc. 

I agree, as a wait staff probably has better career progression than doing delivery as he ages.

Correct, this IS coolie of today

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 4/5/2024 at 9:35 PM, Atonchia said:

Technically speaking.  There is nothing wrong with using labour to exchange for income.

But quite Sad After 3 generations.  They might end up doing what my dad ( a farmer) is doing. 🙄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2