Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Get chopped can be good. Force us to take action. Rather than some people around you get chopped or leave, then left you having to shoulder an impossible burden and stress remaining in the company [laugh]

Better to take my "get chopped" benefits and go. When you still have a job, no matter how sh*tty it is, you get all sorts of people, especially well-meaning family members and relatives telling you to 'tahan' and hang in there. Please lah, chop me is better. At least there is a finality and to me, in this position in life now, may be a good outcome for mental health.

In SG, no need to fear starving, there are so many ways to earn money.

I fully agree.  👍👍👌👌

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Always remember the nice people that gave us fixed electricity rates at super low prices for 3 years.

They not here now and people had to re rate at the nice new high prices.

:D

Hypersonic

Don't worry about inflation

When everyone has no income

no one will be buying things 

at inflated prices.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Deflowering is the most frightening thing to a used car dealer.

I will be holding a fleet of high COE cars

and people will be buying brand new cars with lower COEs.

All my money will be tied up with cars I paid very high prices for.

Its like money changers holding RM when RM is falling faster than flies

in the Asian Financial Crisis.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
47 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

The reason we have high inflation is because many people bought outrageously priced homes that they cannot afford.

When interest rates are at near zero the monthly mortgage of say 1,800 to 2,600 was very comfortable for 2 parents working.

But because of inflation central bankers are raising interest rate and when their mortgage is now 3,800 to 4,700 its still manageable.

If both are working but if one or both are retrenched or have to take a pay cut then its a bit of a problem.

But the real problem is when they have to pay 4,700 a month they will cut down on things like holidays and eating out or branded clothes and bags.

Now this means the poor restaurant owners will see less business and spend less himself and maybe even retrench his staff.

Now more people taking pay cuts and losing their jobs means more people not being able to pay their mortgage and bank foreclosing and a fire sale on property.

This fire sales on property and cars and stocks will lead to a recession and deflation just like Japan.

Too many years of zero interest rates has balloon this debt and super inflated property and stock markets

and now is the time we will see the chickens come home to roost.   

That time covid govt say give chance delay mortgage payment

i think not many people take up

think only

i anyhow say one

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

the next recession, possibly next year, will be much worse than the covid-induced one in 2020

endless printing and near-zero rates cause so much debts out there

hope the governments can tame the inflation and prevent any recession or stagflation 🙏

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Scion said:

the next recession, possibly next year, will be much worse than the covid-induced one in 2020

hope the governments can tame the inflation and prevent any recession or stagflation 🙏

All depending on Feddy:

The Fed could have trouble avoiding a double-dip recession

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/05/investing/double-dip-recession-economy-inflation/index.html

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2

Welcome recession. 
welcome retrenchment

welcome bankrupcies

welcome repossession

welcome welcome

There comes a time where people learn…. Its a good time.  Welcome

• Shocked 1

Hypersonic

Its like a train wreck waiting to happen in slow motion.

Everyone can see what is happening

and no one can stop it.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Get chopped can be good. Force us to take action. Rather than some people around you get chopped or leave, then left you having to shoulder an impossible burden and stress remaining in the company [laugh]

Better to take my "get chopped" benefits and go. When you still have a job, no matter how sh*tty it is, you get all sorts of people, especially well-meaning family members and relatives telling you to 'tahan' and hang in there. Please lah, chop me is better. At least there is a finality and to me, in this position in life now, may be a good outcome for mental health.

In SG, no need to fear starving, there are so many ways to earn money.

Yes, in SG, if there is a restructuring, the survivors die. Better to take the money and go.

I put up both hands but noone wants to pay me to go. Very sad. So working like a dog and sucking thumb. Sign 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Scion said:

I somewhat agree, the problem will be this is a worldwide issue. The UK predicts inflation over 10% by year's end and interest rates to continue to climb.

A similar situation exists in US and many, many other countries so there is little chance to overcome by ourselves.

Suck it up and motor one.... basically.😒

Turbocharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, in SG, if there is a restructuring, the survivors die. Better to take the money and go.

I put up both hands but noone wants to pay me to go. Very sad. So working like a dog and sucking thumb. Sign 

Too expensive to chop certain people because their monthly salary very high, company have to pay xx number of months, the bosses' eyes all water [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
4 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Welcome recession. 
welcome retrenchment

welcome bankrupcies

welcome repossession

welcome welcome

There comes a time where people learn…. Its a good time.  Welcome

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven [laugh]

A time to laugh, a time to weep.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

the eatery near my place...

March - increased 50c 

now - increase another 20c for takeaway

inflation bites

😗

Turbocharged

It's just too bad and we either eat less meals per day, or alternatively start to do more home-cooking, just like in developed countries where eating out is an expensive affair.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1