Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Hypersonic

I tink take up rate for culinary skill with skillfuture gonna shoot up soon...ownself cook ownself eat...

Let our hawker culture along with the landlords fold for the high rental demands...i rather let ShengSiong huat...😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 8/22/2024 at 7:56 PM, Wt_know said:

actually, it's the hard truth ...

many gotta work with aged parent, sick parent in/out hospital and worse case is 100% bedridden at home

need to work to earn money to put food on the table and pay for medical bills

It is also the hard truth

many gotta work with young kids, sick kids/toddlers in/out of clinic and worse case is 100% autistic.

need to work to earn money to put food on the table and pay for medical and raising the kid bills.

But the parents did it anyway.

So it is kind of heartless for the now grown up kid to say better to spent time earning money than to take care of the elderly parents.

Because without those elderly parents, the grown up kid won't even be around to earn money in the first place....😆

Edited by Stary

Hypersonic
On 8/27/2024 at 3:13 PM, mersaylee said:

I tink take up rate for culinary skill with skillfuture gonna shoot up soon...ownself cook ownself eat...

Let our hawker culture along with the landlords fold for the high rental demands...i rather let ShengSiong huat...😁

My estate & Geylang Bahru price still okay.

Most of the stalls have been there for a long time.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

surfed into this

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS2hx5jc2/

using outdated stats, this person therefore claimed that rentals didnt cause rises in food prices then

instead according to her outdated stats , manpower cost and food prices cause the rise.

yes even if that may be true 10 yrs ago in 2014.  Everyone knows that the main cause today is rent.  

If want to look at stats, dont look at outdated, irrelevant stats lah, hor sim lah!  Use your brain , use your brain.  

simple math also dont need calculator one lah.  Aiyoh!

• Haha! 3

On 8/27/2024 at 3:13 PM, mersaylee said:

HDBee can easily build more shops to tender out but like COE build less but sell for more. Overall huat more! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 8/27/2024 at 7:00 PM, Throttle2 said:

surfed into this

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS2hx5jc2/

using outdated stats, this person therefore claimed that rentals didnt cause rises in food prices then

instead according to her outdated stats , manpower cost and food prices cause the rise.

yes even if that may be true 10 yrs ago in 2014.  Everyone knows that the main cause today is rent.  

If want to look at stats, dont look at outdated, irrelevant stats lah, hor sim lah!  Use your brain , use your brain.  

simple math also dont need calculator one lah.  Aiyoh!

Dont forget that in our property scarce singapore general inflation (affecting other things like food and manpower) cost increases are also tied to rental increase... vicious cycle

But heng GST increase only increase prices exactly by 1% per annum only hor

Hypersonic
On 8/27/2024 at 7:18 PM, Volvobrick said:

HDBee can easily build more shops to tender out but like COE build less but sell for more. Overall huat more! 

I tink limpeh have to downgrade liao...no more fish and chips...at least on the ikan...😁

FB_IMG_1724683334477.jpg

• Haha! 12

Supersonic
(edited)

mai hiam la ... local stlye is fish and nut .... lol

SWEET-SPICY-IKAN-BILIS.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
On 8/14/2024 at 10:50 AM, Stary said:

This is a common occurrence.

Those who earns more usually ends up with more debts. 

Power of capitalism, a lack of financial literacy, and trying to keep up with the Joneses contributed to this.

Earn more can choose to be in debt or not. Earn less has no choice leh. 

Of course, more is which level? The middle income, $5k per person are the one that need to live like $2.5k in order to qualify middle income. 😆 

• Praise 2

5th Gear
On 8/27/2024 at 2:50 PM, Jellandross said:

Not due to high rental.

Shin Min Daily News reported that the Block 148 Silat Avenue stall closed on Sunday, ending an 82-year-old family-run business.

Wang Xueying (tansliteration), 68, told the Chinese media outlet that the landlord of the coffee shop would be increasing the rent from more than S$2,000 to more than S$6,000 after renovations in September.

"The people who support us here are all old people and regular customers. I don't want to raise the price," she said.

"We are old, and it's time to retire. I am reluctant, but there is nothing I can do. Thank you very much for your support over the years."

The ease in which the top of the food chain pass on cost down to the masses is really sick.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 8/28/2024 at 9:20 AM, Alfc said:

The ease in which the top of the food chain pass on cost down to the masses is really sick.

Govt is biggest landlord in Singapore... this is why they will never control it. Voters need to force gahmen rentierism back to its social mission instead of using market forces as excuse to join the greed train

5th Gear
On 8/28/2024 at 10:25 AM, yishunite said:

Voters need to force gahmen rentierism back to its social mission instead of using market forces as excuse to join the greed train

When u r in a dynasty... :D

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 8/27/2024 at 2:50 PM, Jellandross said:

Not due to high rental.

Shin Min Daily News reported that the Block 148 Silat Avenue stall closed on Sunday, ending an 82-year-old family-run business.

Wang Xueying (tansliteration), 68, told the Chinese media outlet that the landlord of the coffee shop would be increasing the rent from more than S$2,000 to more than S$6,000 after renovations in September.

"The people who support us here are all old people and regular customers. I don't want to raise the price," she said.

"We are old, and it's time to retire. I am reluctant, but there is nothing I can do. Thank you very much for your support over the years."

"Not due to high rental", assuming they did any research at all (doubtful) PAPy economist basically committing simple statistical fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

no scare no scare ... can jiak ROTI ... 

ooops ... roti also cannot afford liao ...

2024-08-28_171748.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 8/28/2024 at 5:19 PM, Wt_know said:

no scare no scare ... can jiak ROTI ... 

ooops ... roti also cannot afford liao ...

2024-08-28_171748.jpg

Toast Box sibei expensive.

But it is only place i get Tea taste in Tea C Peng.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 8/28/2024 at 5:28 PM, inlinesix said:

I boycott Toastbox

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 8/28/2024 at 5:28 PM, inlinesix said:

I long time no eat at Toastbox ......

But seems like it is still full house everytime I walked pass....

That's why, I think locals are really rich one.....

Edited by Stary
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1