Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Hypersonic
On 6/24/2024 at 5:21 PM, Wt_know said:

no scare no scare ... 3.1% inflation only ... sup sup water

but how come in my daily expenses ... i feel like no 10-15% no talk huh?

[bigcry] 

2024-06-24_172035.jpg

Essentially, electricity price dropped.

Otherwise, it could be 3.5 - 4% (i guess)

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
On 6/24/2024 at 1:11 PM, 13177 said:

More than half the cup is ice only lo. So now the price of avocado juice is $7! 😅

Smallest cup probably 3,4 plus dollar. 

On 6/23/2024 at 10:25 PM, Wt_know said:

must learn from Starbuck ...

Tall, Grande and Venti ... 

sounds sibei tok kong ... full with ego ... smelly smelly order Tall else Grande 

starbucks-cup-sizes-opener-graphic-01-scaled.jpg

some say the amount of kopi I side are the same from one to another [laugh]

Hypersonic

Put it into perspective...this one used to be 6.80 or 6.90...7.90 now...the the leg becums smaller...saving grace is taste and quality remain...the chilli, taogua and rice actually improved to my taste...😁

IMG_20240624_171310.jpg

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 6/24/2024 at 5:21 PM, Wt_know said:

no scare no scare ... 3.1% inflation only ... sup sup water

but how come in my daily expenses ... i feel like no 10-15% no talk huh?

[bigcry] 

2024-06-24_172035.jpg

CPI measures so many things that hawker prices is greatly diluted until like no effect. But we dont spend the same amount on all the goods in the CPI...

But more than that if your poor and your proportion of monthly expenditure on necessity is 80% of income a few percent hurts like hell whereas rich ppl who monthly expenditure on necessity is only 20% of income boh feeling... this is what flat tax (GST) advocates always dont want u to notice

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 6/25/2024 at 10:06 AM, yishunite said:

CPI measures so many things that hawker prices is greatly diluted until like no effect. But we dont spend the same amount on all the goods in the CPI...

But more than that if your poor and your proportion of monthly expenditure on necessity is 80% of income a few percent hurts like hell whereas rich ppl who monthly expenditure on necessity is only 20% of income boh feeling... this is what flat tax (GST) advocates always dont want u to notice

you finally talk some sense.  good. keep it up

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

if our inflation issue is not properly arrested, majority of Singaporeans will suffer terribly and ultimately we can all say goodbye to retiring in our own country.

GOOD LUCK SINGAPORE GOOD LUCK. WE NEED IT!

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

It will never be fixed.

For e.g. live chicken prices will never go down despite the weakening Ringgit.  Due to food security, we import chicken from Batam/Bintan (cannot rem which 1).  It will incur higher logistic cost.

Supercharged
(edited)
On 6/27/2024 at 7:33 PM, Ghgan said:

https://mothership.sg/2024/06/abc-brickworks-automated-doors-tray-return-deter-birds/

Not sure will the hawker pass down the cost to consumer or not.

DC424080DD78147995DF7B3E4CE8BF8E_video_dashinit-ezgif.com-optimize.thumb.gif.fd3373843ea8c600b1c083ccffa33b13.gif

Why do I have the feeling that one day, the birds will be able to time this thing such that they will dash in during the 15 seconds opening window, have a great time inside and then fly out again when it opens?😁

Edited by Stary
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

5th Gear
On 6/27/2024 at 8:29 PM, Stary said:

Why do I have the feeling that one day, the birds will be able to time this thing such that they will dash in during the 15 seconds opening window, have a great time inside and then fly out again when it opens?😁

I like the idea of using CCTV to detect human or bird to open the doors. I guess this only works for non-peak hours. If it is in Albert Centre food court, I doubt it will works, as the tray rack always overflow during peak hours unless there is a cleaner that station behind the tray rack to clear and clean the return tray. Not sure they got do stress test for 100k times to open and close door or not.

• Haha! 5

Hypersonic
On 7/2/2024 at 8:21 PM, Jellandross said:

This must be true 

I tink garment wanna gib more vouchers so that we all can help safeguard the interest of our hawkers...mlmlwml...sekali 8 dollah one wtm...2 dollah one kopi c...liddat i can only see kopi drink saliva...😅

Hypersonic

This must be true 

Yes, we must believe her. In her we trust.

She can fry bee hoon without fire and have trays of eggs when we are facing eggs shortage.

👏🏼👏🏼

• Haha! 7

Turbocharged

This must be true 

Do not "directly"... simi to be directly? Landlord tell them bee hoon must sell $2.00 and rice 1.00???

Talk to hawker esp the many (not from big chain that can absorb those but small 2-3 person op type) who close during the last round of rental hike. Is not from labour and raw materials up that they close it was when landlord hike their rent by 30-40%.

Once again talk rubbish or only talk to the big franchise owners

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4