Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Turbocharged

Issue them a fine plus clean up on Sunday in one of the town centres when it is super crowded. 

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
On 3/15/2024 at 4:03 PM, mersaylee said:

Not inconsiderate...just pure lazy...

nea should ambush those buggars then make them wear cwo vest to do area cleaning at the same spot...😁

They must be inconsiderate first then would be pure lazy lo. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
On 3/15/2024 at 2:59 PM, Throttle2 said:

Heres proof.

Singapore is a clean city? 
nah its a Cleaner’ city

Today go and meet my Private Banker and walked past this disgraceful scene

IMG_9987.jpeg

IMG_9988.jpeg

I have been saying that. Now it is a cesspool. 

The jiak liao bees still monitoring the situation. Or worse didn't even notice how dirty Sg has become. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 3/15/2024 at 4:35 PM, Victor68 said:

Issue them a fine plus clean up on Sunday in one of the town centres when it is super crowded. 

Fine no use. Must bring out the rotan. For foreigners, just deport and ban for 5 years. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 3/15/2024 at 6:29 PM, Volvobrick said:

Fine no use. Must bring out the rotan. For foreigners, just deport and ban for 5 years. 

Rotan useless especially no enforcement 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

CWO no use on young people

https://www.todayonline.com/big-read/big-read-show-and-shame-litterbugs-would-it-be-step-too-far-or-just-whats-needed-curb-scourge-2378806

“If you ask me, a 30-year-old working professional to do that, I’d be very ashamed. But a lot of offenders are youths in their early 20s or even in their late teens and… I don’t think they're so deterred by the shame of having to serve CWO. Most of them probably think it’s funny — at least that’s what I thought,”

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
(edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 10:30 PM, Benarsenal said:

I was in the heart of financial district and everyone i saw there smoking were in their 30s to 50s. No teenagers.

all grown ups, holding 5 figure monthly jobs.   However, in my recollection, the ones who threw blatantly tend to be younger, although it is still inconclusive purely by my observation.   Some even threw the cigarette boxes on the floor !  

it certainly makes more sense to have a proper bin provided as that would instantly cut down 50% of littering, easily. 

ok OT liao

back to inflation, punggol nasilemak raise prices by 15%- 20%

Edited by Throttle2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

haven't visited food junction for a while since they phased out the FJ card (in favor of breadtalk card/e-money) so i was quite shocked when my usual 猪脚 that was like $5 or $5.50 in the recent months suddenly become $7. that's 30% increase leh 😕

i dunno abt other kopitiam chains like koufu or S21. any similar observation?

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

Ordered a chicken cutlet.  $8.90 + 30ct takeaway. 😓

soon have to taobao home cooked food already

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 3/16/2024 at 8:38 AM, Throttle2 said:

back to inflation, punggol nasilemak raise prices by 15%- 20%

really? long time never eat there cos they are already expensive back then

ok another on my boycott list

the list growing longer everyday until i got nothing left to eat 😁

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 3/18/2024 at 1:14 PM, Scion said:

really? long time never eat there cos they are already expensive back then

ok another on my boycott list

Eat healthy...eat more green...😂

giphy (7).gif

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 3/18/2024 at 1:14 PM, Scion said:

Eat

Air

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 10:39 AM, inlinesix said:

😂

This one our garment will gladly pat own's back and concede defeat...😁

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)

sound like stagflation is very real.

Aussie expat claims a family of 4 needs $320K/year to live in Singapore (msn.com)

Aussie expat claims a family of 4 needs $320K/year to live in Singapore - Singapore News (theindependent.sg)

SINGAPORE: A financial planning expert from Australia has stirred up a fervent online discussion following his assertion that a family of four residing in Singapore requires an annual income of S$320,000 to cover living expenses adequately while maintaining savings.

Jarrod Brown’s video, shared on TikTok on 13 March, quickly went viral, accumulating over 140,000 views. In his video, Mr Brown delineated his financial allocations for surviving in Singapore, with various expenditures such as rent, education, utilities, leisure, medical care, and travel expenses to Australia.

He also claimed the hefty annual income was for ordinary living standards, not luxury living.

Breaking down his monthly expenses, Mr Brown allocated S$6,000 for rent, S$8,000 for his children’s tuition at an international school, S$250 for utilities, S$1,000 for food and groceries, S$100 for public transportation, and S$1,000 for insurance and miscellaneous expenses, totalling S$17,850 monthly.

He said these costs accumulate to approximately S$220,000 annually, with additional provisions for savings, travel, and taxes, culminating in an estimated annual expenditure ranging from S$320,000 to S$335,000.

Singaporeans reacting to Mr Brown’s projections were divided.

While some felt the analysis was objective, others contended that Mr Brown’s standard of living exceeds that of the average Singaporean.

A number of Singaporeans felt Mr Brown’s budgeting for food and transportation expenses was unrealistic and exceedingly modest in the current inflationary climate.

Criticism also surfaced regarding the allocation for rent and education, with Singaporeans suggesting that the expat consider exploring more public housing options and local schooling alternatives.

Mr Brown, however, defended the preference for international education, highlighting variances in educational philosophies between countries.

One netizen expressed empathy for Singapore’s high cost of living and disclosed struggles with supporting a family on an annual income of S$150,000.

In response, Mr Brown acknowledged the pervasive impact of inflation on local households, affirming the challenges faced by families navigating Singapore’s financial landscape.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Supersonic
(edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 9:21 AM, Sdf4786k said:

sound like stagflation is very real.

Aussie expat claims a family of 4 needs $320K/year to live in Singapore (msn.com)

Aussie expat claims a family of 4 needs $320K/year to live in Singapore - Singapore News (theindependent.sg)

SINGAPORE: A financial planning expert from Australia has stirred up a fervent online discussion following his assertion that a family of four residing in Singapore requires an annual income of S$320,000 to cover living expenses adequately while maintaining savings.

Jarrod Brown’s video, shared on TikTok on 13 March, quickly went viral, accumulating over 140,000 views. In his video, Mr Brown delineated his financial allocations for surviving in Singapore, with various expenditures such as rent, education, utilities, leisure, medical care, and travel expenses to Australia.

He also claimed the hefty annual income was for ordinary living standards, not luxury living.

Breaking down his monthly expenses, Mr Brown allocated S$6,000 for rent, S$8,000 for his children’s tuition at an international school, S$250 for utilities, S$1,000 for food and groceries, S$100 for public transportation, and S$1,000 for insurance and miscellaneous expenses, totalling S$17,850 monthly.

He said these costs accumulate to approximately S$220,000 annually, with additional provisions for savings, travel, and taxes, culminating in an estimated annual expenditure ranging from S$320,000 to S$335,000.

Singaporeans reacting to Mr Brown’s projections were divided.

While some felt the analysis was objective, others contended that Mr Brown’s standard of living exceeds that of the average Singaporean.

A number of Singaporeans felt Mr Brown’s budgeting for food and transportation expenses was unrealistic and exceedingly modest in the current inflationary climate.

Criticism also surfaced regarding the allocation for rent and education, with Singaporeans suggesting that the expat consider exploring more public housing options and local schooling alternatives.

Mr Brown, however, defended the preference for international education, highlighting variances in educational philosophies between countries.

One netizen expressed empathy for Singapore’s high cost of living and disclosed struggles with supporting a family on an annual income of S$150,000.

In response, Mr Brown acknowledged the pervasive impact of inflation on local households, affirming the challenges faced by families navigating Singapore’s financial landscape.

saw this exact Tiktok in my feeds....my first reaction was that of incredulity but on further thoughts, that is the price Singapore is paying for foreign talents to come in to take over jobs in MNCs that we Singkies with local degree are too underqualified (take note NUS/NTU/SMU) to fill.

MNCs rather pay 350K PA to bring in an FT rather than 350K PA to a local.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
On 3/28/2024 at 9:36 AM, Vratenza said:

saw this exact Tiktok in my feeds....my first reaction was that of incredulity but on further thoughts, that the price Singapore is paying for foreign talents to come in to take over jobs in MNCs that we Singkies with local degree are too underqualified (take note NUS/NTU/SMU) to fill.

MNCs rather pay 350K PA to bring in an FT rather than 350K PA to a local.

its because the local mantality is IF you pay me 350K , it must mean u want my life. Plus we being paid so little for so long that we never knew that the salary scale has move so much. So the next time you move, lets try not to lowball ourselves to the next job.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1