Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Supersonic
On 2/22/2024 at 11:42 AM, Ody_2004 said:

why can't they just put the price tag on the dish itself? hygiene? or harder to con pple? whahahahahahaha..

You mean there are people looking at   pricelist to order their cai fan dishes?

Generally depends on the thickness of my wallet just point here, here, there....will do.😁

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
On 2/22/2024 at 12:28 PM, Kopites said:

You mean there are people looking at   pricelist to order their cai fan dishes?

Generally depends on the thickness of my wallet just point here, here, there....will do.😁

If pple can request for their fare price to be displayed when they use SimplyGO when every trip is the same of cos MUST display and SEE before they order loh! whahahahahahaha..

i stay away from cai fai many years oredi.. indian rojak oso same.. wu siang i oso siam.. they can sum up the $$ infront of you then when u go order other stuff at other store they will cut half the lup cheong n hide somewhere.. jin dishonest..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged
On 2/21/2024 at 9:47 AM, Volvobrick said:

Went to my regular barber yesterday. Price increased from 10 to 12.  Don't think it's just for the CNY period. 20% inflation!

Most are from $12. $10 not so common anymore. 

• Haha! 1

why can't they just put the price tag on the dish itself? hygiene? or harder to con pple? whahahahahahaha..

The CP boss jiak till bui bui.... Wonder how often she eats her own CP.... 

Turbocharged

They will say every day different dishes, so pricing also every day different.

Some stall owners will even say, meat and veg buy from market every day different price. Like stock market.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

I thought once upon a time, NEA has this requirement to put the price on the food on display? Slowly disappear again?

• Haha! 1

On 2/23/2024 at 12:57 AM, Benarsenal said:

They will say every day different dishes, so pricing also every day different.

Some stall owners will even say, meat and veg buy from market every day different price. Like stock market.

even stock market you also know the full sum + brokers fee before you place order....

every day change the price tag in front of every dish lor....

• Praise 1

So do we still think a million bucks is a big deal today?

I think we all agree by now $5k per mth is definitely current poor although $10k per mth is probably the correct figure

good luck Sg good luck

IMG_2152.jpeg

On 2/25/2024 at 10:43 PM, Atonchia said:

Just boycott lah.  Actions speak louder than words.   Waiting for complaints?? Sounds like someone who say that forwign workers didnt complain , not so long ago.   Boycott

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

sugarcane = normal cup = 3/4 ice + 1/4 juice .... [sweatdrop] 

less ice have to add $1 ... you know why la ... 

pretty standard in all hawker ... just that we couldn't care less only ... pay and pay

2024-02-26_083116.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

On 2/22/2024 at 12:56 PM, Ody_2004 said:

If pple can request for their fare price to be displayed when they use SimplyGO when every trip is the same of cos MUST display and SEE before they order loh! whahahahahahaha..

i stay away from cai fai many years oredi.. indian rojak oso same.. wu siang i oso siam.. they can sum up the $$ infront of you then when u go order other stuff at other store they will cut half the lup cheong n hide somewhere.. jin dishonest..

The one thing I want is price lists to be all-inclusive, none of this ++ BS.

See a price, pay it. With ~20% difference between menu and receipt, the menu itself is kinda irrelevant - the difference is too big now.

On 2/21/2024 at 9:47 AM, Volvobrick said:

Went to my regular barber yesterday. Price increased from 10 to 12.  Don't think it's just for the CNY period. 20% inflation!

Mine went from $8 to $10 and same, doesn't look like is coming down again - 25%.

The China guys next door do a roaring trade with long queues still at $6, even during CNY.

• Haha! 2

(edited)
On 2/26/2024 at 9:20 AM, bsswan said:

The one thing I want is price lists to be all-inclusive, none of this ++ BS.

See a price, pay it. With ~20% difference between menu and receipt, the menu itself is kinda irrelevant - the difference is too big now.

Eat out less. Better for health and wealth! 

Yesterday was at a Thai place. Kang kong also wants 16 bucks. Omelette 17 bucks. Really not worth. Of course didn't order these items and went for rice with meats instead. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 2/26/2024 at 9:37 AM, Volvobrick said:

Eat out less. Better for health and wealth! 

Yalor covid should have been taken as blessing in disguise... came out of covid of cos gotta eat out a bit at first but after that should revert to covid habits... instead most people made their post covid binge eating out permanent 😅

• Praise 1

On 2/26/2024 at 7:58 AM, Throttle2 said:

Just boycott lah.  Actions speak louder than words.   Waiting for complaints?? Sounds like someone who say that forwign workers didnt complain , not so long ago.   Boycott

Agree!

Ownself want to order drink meal without asking for the price, don't complain when the food is served to you.

Dun have the pocket size, don't act big hole.

Pay already don't complain, just make yourself looks stupid only.

Not happy to pay, just don't go back ever..... there are many other sugar cane drink stall/mixed rice/nasi padang stall around...

In Singapore, if your have the money, you will not die of hunger one.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 2/26/2024 at 8:29 AM, Wt_know said:

sugarcane = normal cup = 3/4 ice + 1/4 juice .... [sweatdrop] 

less ice have to add $1 ... you know why la ... 

pretty standard in all hawker ... just that we couldn't care less only ... pay and pay

2024-02-26_083116.jpg

wtf are all these kind of nonsense mark-ups?

boycott!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1