Inflation coming to hit us hard.

Watwheels

Supersonic
(edited)

Any GST impact so far? My regular brakfast increase by 10 cent from  3.60 to 3.70, seems ok, though higher than 1% GST hike.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Gahmen hike GST in 2 phases to "make it easier" for us to adjust gradually to 9% but actual fact only make it easier for business to hike prices by more... now lagi best got "offer" to "absorb" GST (but all those old stock from 2023 was supplied at lower cost). Anyone think prices only went up by 2% in last 2 years? Most idiotic implementation ever

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 1/3/2024 at 8:16 AM, Ct3833 said:

Any GST impact so far? My regular brakfast increase by 10 cent from  3.60 to 3.70, seems ok.

Thats 2.8% increase on day 1. By day 365 you see lor 😂

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 8:16 AM, Ct3833 said:

Any GST impact so far? My regular brakfast increase by 10 cent from  3.60 to 3.70, seems ok, though higher than 1% GST hike.

Got, my regular lunch increased $1 and some of the stall that i buy regularly increased $0.20 to $0.50. <_<

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

there is a legendary saying

“WHAT’S WRONG TO COLLECT MORE !”

oops … excuse for the caps … muahahaha 

:grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 8:16 AM, yishunite said:

Gahmen hike GST in 2 phases to "make it easier" for us to adjust gradually to 9% but actual fact only make it easier for business to hike prices by more... now lagi best got "offer" to "absorb" GST (but all those old stock from 2023 was supplied at lower cost). Anyone think prices only went up by 2% in last 2 years? Most idiotic implementation ever

The increase of 2% pts is an increase of 29% in price.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 1/3/2024 at 8:56 AM, inlinesix said:

You mean increase in tax. Impact of tax on price is technically less (0.02 ÷ 1.07 = 1.9%)

Supersonic
(edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 8:56 AM, inlinesix said:

2% kopi powder

2% milk

2% sugar

2% water

2% electricity

10% rental

20-30% price increase for consumer is about right … lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 3:45 PM, Watwheels said:

Ate at JB pasar malam recently, I also dont find it cheap. KSL night street market just around the KSL mall. Only on Monday evenings tho, 5pm onwards. To us it's cheap due to our strong currency exchange rates.

Satay, $1 ringgit a piece be it chicken, mutton or beef. Not oily and good.

Carrot cake $6 ringgit a packet. Not oily also. Taste good.

Mango glutinous rice $8 ringgit I think. The glutinous rice has 3 colours, blue, green and white. Ok lah, mango is fresh.

1378895929_SatayCarrotCake.thumb.jpg.6fd8ba8ae25a578fd70785b5be37162a.jpg101904993_Mangoglutinousrice.thumb.jpg.55129c1260abfc200cf86bf209c83c88.jpg1112369198_Sataystall.thumb.jpg.7abbbdd91c09127468837db176af49ed.jpg

Got a lot of other good food like oyster omelette and Chinese roasted meats. A lot of fruit stalls and even yong tau hu stores. I think got stinky toufu too. Bring cash. Tabao only. If you stay at the ksl hotel or condo(airbnb) you can get to enjoy the food in comfort. There's a convenience store(Avery-Day) nearby but with limited tables & chairs with umbrellas(at its rooftop) you can sit down and enjoy. I mean if you are not staying the night. 

Cost of living for the locals is also not cheap. This night market is more like for tourists I mean Sgporeans.

Yeah, not cheap, sometimes even with the exchange rate bonus :XD:, considering the effort to go in.

Edited by Windwaver

Supersonic

The number one way to deal with inflation is to press real estate values and prices down.  

instantly , inflation will go away. 

who else but who else can do that in SG?  
no pain no gain lah.  

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 1/2/2024 at 3:57 PM, Stratovarius said:

WFH today. So walked to coffeeshop for lunch. bak chor mee $5.50. TMD. how to tank? my wife asked if i want kopi, i told her no. Go home make my own. lol.

52488484289_fd1ebdf9d3_o.gif

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
On 1/2/2024 at 7:22 PM, Didu said:

Utilities bill up(without S&CC rebate), plus GST hike. It feels like kenna F at both ends. Maybe some folks enjoy this kinda sensation.  😅 

52440601587_049f131ec0_b.jpg

52196525267_172dcdb34f_o.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
On 1/3/2024 at 9:57 AM, Throttle2 said:

The number one way to deal with inflation is to press real estate values and prices down.  

instantly , inflation will go away. 

who else but who else can do that in SG?  
no pain no gain lah.  

Other country hike interest to absorb inflation, for us the raise only push up inflation cos borrowers are mainly developers and instantly push to consumer. If landlord anyhow hike rent and get away with it means yield and therefore prop price is only going up up up... since in Sg land is super limited, landownership is monopolistic plus we got HNWI magnet policy. There is no way for it to come down under normal circumstances

But got 2 possibility:

1) global recession (local recession unlikely thanks to open backside policy)

2) opposition shock win throw out PAP and suddenly all FT loss faith in Sg and run road (possibly also cause minor recession)

🤨

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 10:10 AM, yishunite said:

Other country hike interest to absorb inflation, for us the raise only push up inflation cos borrowers are mainly developers and instantly push to consumer. If landlord anyhow hike rent and get away with it means yield and therefore prop price is only going up up up... since in Sg land is super limited, landownership is monopolistic plus we got HNWI magnet policy. There is no way for it to come down under normal circumstances

But got 2 possibility:

1) global recession (local recession unlikely thanks to open backside policy)

2) opposition shock win throw out PAP and suddenly all FT loss faith in Sg and run road (possibly also cause minor recession)

🤨

The lust one they lost liked 9%...rised to 9% now as reminder donch anyhow make them slide further...or else...😅

But I no worries...i trust our civil servants...ministries and institutions...less the lta...and...😂

amy-khor-in-parliament-oct-5-2020.webp

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic

Heng ah...my regular stalls at workplace no price hike...yet 😂

Overheard many grumblings...boycott boycott...let's see who wins...slimmer waistline betterer than wallet...😁

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

Today my caipng of one meat, one veggie and one egg is $5.00.  

Kopi increase 10 cents to $1.40

Think I have to go back to two dishes on my caipng liow.....😥

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

On 1/3/2024 at 2:26 PM, mersaylee said:

Heng ah...my regular stalls at workplace no price hike...yet 😂

Overheard many grumblings...boycott boycott...let's see who wins...slimmer waistline betterer than wallet...😁

slimmer mean have to buy pants from children department liao.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 3:05 PM, Jman888 said:

slimmer mean have to buy pants from children department liao.

No need...wear son's pants or punch more holes on my belt...😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1