VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Turbocharged
On 8/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, L23 said:

No Head No tail on the woodland location and what is it for...

Quote//

And of the close to 60,000 applications, Mr Loke said that some 40 per cent of them – or 24,104 applications – were incomplete.

He stressed that the documents needed for the VEP application process include one’s vehicle insurance certificate, a copy of the identification card as well as the certificate of entitlement (COE).

“These three documents are needed (for the application process). We found that 40 per cent of the applications were incomplete and were unable to be processed further,” said Mr Loke, adding that he anticipates a further 50,000 VEP applications in the coming two months ahead of the Oct 1 enforcement deadline.

//unquote

If they can't even handle 100k data, how about those data coming from Thailand then?

That's one way to reduce SG visitors into MY. Malaysia boleh!  😁

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
On 8/3/2024 at 9:57 AM, Didu said:

Good what?

Otherwise, it is always crowded with Singaporean chipping away

😂

• Haha! 2

Supercharged

I reckon every 10 motorists who did not apply VEP to enter Bolehland, there're at least 40-50 new motorists entering , so both borders populists will continue to climb uptrend  . . . The Bridge may not take the weight .😮 🥱

3rd Gear
(edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 6:19 AM, GoodCar said:

VEP needs

- car insurance 

- COE 

- NRIC

Give so much info, wait IC detail kana compromise how.

WTF.....those no need to go for work purposes one I think better wait and see , 

When less people go JB see if they U turn  

You cannot use anything that connect to the internet, stay at home most safe, as information will be share from cell tower knowing your location and home broadband also can know approximate location based on IP. 

These app like: T&G/Alipay/WeChat/FB/WhatsApp/IG/TK/Threads/Telegram also know your login credentials, profile photo and messages if these companies want to. 

Edited by Fellows

5th Gear
On 8/3/2024 at 10:57 AM, Didu said:

MY definitely more boleh than SG. MY comes SG to earn money while SG goes MY to spend money.... :D 

• Haha! 2

For vehicles with VEP RFID attached, can only enter toll with RFID? It seems that at all the toll stations, there is only ONE counter with RFID. Come October, the RFID counter toll will be a long long long Q. 

Hypersonic
On 8/3/2024 at 2:14 PM, Rayleigh said:

For vehicles with VEP RFID attached, can only enter toll with RFID? It seems that at all the toll stations, there is only ONE counter with RFID. Come October, the RFID counter toll will be a long long long Q. 

No.

You can use any toll you like as long as you have TnG card.

On 8/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, L23 said:

No Head No tail on the woodland location and what is it for...

Quote//

And of the close to 60,000 applications, Mr Loke said that some 40 per cent of them – or 24,104 applications – were incomplete.

He stressed that the documents needed for the VEP application process include one’s vehicle insurance certificate, a copy of the identification card as well as the certificate of entitlement (COE).

“These three documents are needed (for the application process). We found that 40 per cent of the applications were incomplete and were unable to be processed further,” said Mr Loke, adding that he anticipates a further 50,000 VEP applications in the coming two months ahead of the Oct 1 enforcement deadline.

//unquote

If they can't even handle 100k data, how about those data coming from Thailand then?

Aiyoh... why so entitled... just wait for them to announce the details lar... their country their prerogative lor... you don't like it you don't have visit Malaysia mah...

On 8/3/2024 at 3:14 PM, Rayleigh said:

You're referring to the toll gates on the highway or the lanes at the immigration at Second Link & Woodlands?

If immigration any lanes will do... if the toll gates along the highways then only the lanes marked 'MYRFID' will work... but you still have the option to tap your TnG cards mah... the queue at the MYRFID lane too long then switch payment method lor... this also applies for the immigration counter, they're not about to do away with the card readers any time soon...

• Praise 1

4th Gear
On 8/3/2024 at 10:22 AM, teomingern said:

Then don't travel lor... every time you hand in your passport to the immigration counter of the country you visit you release everything you just mentioned except the COE... stay in good ole Singapore... don't travel and don't release your personal data to foreign governments lar... stay safe bro!

@teomingern 

You mean your passport so special can reveal your IC ah..... didn't know that. 

4th Gear
On 8/3/2024 at 2:58 PM, Fellows said:

You cannot use anything that connect to the internet, stay at home most safe, as information will be share from cell tower knowing your location and home broadband also can know approximate location based on IP. 

These app like: T&G/Alipay/WeChat/FB/WhatsApp/IG/TK/Threads/Telegram also know your login credentials, profile photo and messages if these companies want to. 

Don't know why all these troll defending this VEP system.

Internet definitely has evolved into such a low level discussion, no wonder the world is in chaos .

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 9:13 PM, GoodCar said:

@teomingern 

The photo page of the passport does show our IC number. 

Anyway, I also never apply as I think it’s too much personal info too but as I said before if you want go in then LPPL have to follow lor.

Else don’t go in or go in by other means.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic
On 8/3/2024 at 8:13 PM, GoodCar said:

@teomingern 

IC number at the bottom of your passport photo page.

On 8/3/2024 at 10:58 AM, inlinesix said:

Good what?

Otherwise, it is always crowded with Singaporean chipping away

😂

Once the RTS is up, it will be even worse...

• Haha! 1

On 8/3/2024 at 9:13 PM, GoodCar said:

@teomingern 

Seriously, you don't even know what personal data you're handing over when you travel???

On 8/3/2024 at 9:18 PM, GoodCar said:

Don't know why all these troll defending this VEP system.

Internet definitely has evolved into such a low level discussion, no wonder the world is in chaos .

It's just basic respect for another country's rules... don't like it don't go lor... just like Japan insists we fill up the Visit Japan digital arrival card before we land and Singapore insist we fill up the SGAC before we return home... don't like don't go to Japan, don't like don't ever leave Singapore lor... cos in all of these, your personal data also is used... in all these also very troublesome mah... VEP is just for cars... instead of plane rides... some more it's one time in 5 years, other places is every time you travel...

Twincharged
On 8/3/2024 at 10:57 AM, Didu said:

Each entry collect $50rm. Faster money flow in. Just name it whatever they want just avoid calling it toll so sg cannot match. 🤣

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 8/3/2024 at 3:14 PM, Rayleigh said:

Every counter at CIQ can use RFID to pay.  

As for highway toll, usually the RFID lanes have no queue but you can still use physical TnG reader lanes.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1