VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/30/2024 at 11:42 AM, Voodooman said:

It is quite strange that we are so proud of not paying summons and giving kopi money, like a competition to see who is more bad and can be more disrespectful to the host.  😂😂😂

My point is about being street smart.

Once, i drove MY fren Triton.  I was stopped in local police roadblock in some ulu places.

Police was looking at my license and they can't find expiry date.

Well, have find online evidence and show them.

No RM50 as Ang Pow.

p.s. I have Zero demerits point.

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6th Gear
On 7/30/2024 at 9:21 AM, teomingern said:

I think even that would be taxing on any government's coffers given the large numbers...

Anyway is there anything that prevents the PHV drivers from registering their cars for the VEP on their own?

Those cars that are rented from Grab/Focus etc., drivers don't have access to the Log Card to register a VEP. They are not the owners or have legal right to see the log card, let alone use it for nefarious purposes.

PHV drivers with their own car, different story.

Supersonic
On 7/30/2024 at 2:27 PM, inlinesix said:

My point is about being street smart.

Once, i drove MY fren Triton.  I was stopped in local police roadblock in some ulu places.

Police was looking at my license and they can't find expiry date.

Well, have find online evidence and show them.

No RM50 as Ang Pow.

p.s. I have Zero demerits point.

Just kidding bro. In life, lots of things goes back to risk and reward analysis, everyone makes their own choice.  

I don't give kopi money these days as the maths no longer make sense, not with the periodic discount and all these fake speeding extortion exercise.

Also, since I am a scholar, i guai guai drive at max 110km/h on NSHW, not even 1km/h more. 😂😂😂

• Haha! 4

On 7/30/2024 at 4:31 PM, Unfazed said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/i5SkSZFwhMzgpYXg/?mibextid=D5vuiz

For those sibeh on and sibeh law-abiding ones. The moment news released, these are the ones cheong to do and cheong to collect.

The relaxed one wait at home for it to be posted.

The chill ones just hiong and doesn't bother them.

Hopefully it gets implemented ya and if not, LPPL and alot will kpkb. 

😀

It's not about implemented... it's about enforcement... it's already implemented, but it's not enforced...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 7/30/2024 at 12:42 PM, Voodooman said:

It is quite strange that we are so proud of not paying summons and giving kopi money, like a competition to see who is more bad and can be more disrespectful to the host.  😂😂😂

some say, when in Rome...

btw i always ask for summons. They sometimes wave me off. Anyway nowadays quite rare to kena caught, with Waze notifications

• Praise 4

On 7/30/2024 at 7:06 PM, Shibadog said:

some say, when in Rome...

btw i always ask for summons. They sometimes wave me off. Anyway nowadays quite rare to kena caught, with Waze notifications

How do drivers update Waze as they're driving? I always wondered how this.... cos I thought it was crowdsourced and so someone has to put it in, no?

Hypersonic
On 7/30/2024 at 7:05 PM, teomingern said:

How do drivers update Waze as they're driving? I always wondered how this.... cos I thought it was crowdsourced and so someone has to put it in, no?

It can be updated easily.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 7/30/2024 at 8:05 PM, teomingern said:

press a couple of buttons 

but need to log in

• Shocked 1

Hypersonic
On 7/30/2024 at 10:09 PM, Shibadog said:

but need to log in

It allows voice command.  But i don't know how to use it.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 7/31/2024 at 12:06 AM, inlinesix said:

It allows voice command.  But i don't know how to use it.

oh

my car is too noisy at speed for voice commands lol

• Haha! 3

Supersonic

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-vep-inevitable-gaps-singapore-drivers-frustration-4514096

Additionally, Malaysian transport minister Anthony Loke announced a series of further refinements on Jul 1 - such as how those getting a VEP for a second-hand vehicle may now apply to deregister a pre-existing VEP for that vehicle online instead of going to a physical counter.

The number of personnel handling email enquiries 😅 increased from five to 15, and those at the VEP collection centre in Johor from seven to 12. 

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/31/2024 at 7:46 AM, Atonchia said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-vep-inevitable-gaps-singapore-drivers-frustration-4514096

Additionally, Malaysian transport minister Anthony Loke announced a series of further refinements on Jul 1 - such as how those getting a VEP for a second-hand vehicle may now apply to deregister a pre-existing VEP for that vehicle online instead of going to a physical counter.

The number of personnel handling email enquiries 😅 increased from five to 15, and those at the VEP collection centre in Johor from seven to 12. 

Five to handle emails? 😆

Haven’t minus off breakfast, tea break, lunch and prayers. 

No wonder some mentioned after a month also no reply. 

• Haha! 3

On 7/30/2024 at 11:09 PM, Shibadog said:

but need to log in

Woah!!! While driving? That's seriously not on...

On 7/31/2024 at 12:30 AM, Shibadog said:

oh

my car is too noisy at speed for voice commands lol

Yeah at the speeds you're going at, right bro? 😝

On 7/31/2024 at 7:46 AM, Atonchia said:

Old news but 5 to 15 is nothing if they don't know what they're doing and simply just cutting and pasting standard replies or simply missing out on older unresolved emails...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 7/31/2024 at 8:23 AM, Fcw75 said:

Five to handle emails? 😆

Haven’t minus off breakfast, tea break, lunch and prayers. 

No wonder some mentioned after a month also no reply. 

15 also no use leh... and bro, it's breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, then powder room, then 'pang gang', yeah... they're fully occupied... replying emails is a side track lar...

• Haha! 3

Neutral Newbie

Anyone can assist to help me solve this issue?

Your eWallet account is inactive. Kindly download and register via TnG eWallet Mobile App. Also verify your eWallet profile with the same NRIC and registered Mobile Phone Number in order to complete the submission.

↡ Advertisement