VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Hypersonic
On 7/29/2024 at 5:27 PM, Mkl22 said:

Just go la. As long as rm50 can settle I consider it as holiday tax! 🤣

even you have VEP, if they want to collect their pocket money they will find ways and means. 

I never bother to give RM50.

Either ticket or let me go.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/29/2024 at 5:27 PM, Mkl22 said:

even you have VEP, if they want to collect their pocket money they will find ways and means. 

I never bother to give RM50.

Either ticket or let me go.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/29/2024 at 6:44 PM, teomingern said:

Your car's complete registration data = license plate number, engine number, chassis number, COE number & insurance policy number

Your personal data = name, date of birth,  NRIC number, passport number, address, mobile number, email address.

Basically whatever is on your car and your passport lor... nothing you haven't surrendered whenever you travel anywhere in the world...

It's just in the nature of Singaporeans to complain, among which are those who do go in and break all the traffic laws, especially in relation to speeding, and so don't want something like this implemented, and they think that if they're intransigent about the application process, it will go away... most of us just want to respect the law in a foreign country and get on with our lives... so these of us comply and apply but unfortunately the execution is really quite seriously problematic... giving rise to a lot of angst and uncertainty... 

As Bro Unfazed said - got acknowledgment letter can already lor... after all we have all the email threads showing no reply from the Malaysian authorities... what else do they want us to do? Now the ball is in their court - tidy up their own house... don't say Singaporeans don't respect their laws and don't bother to apply, etc...

That’s a lot of personal info. 

• Praise 1

6th Gear
On 7/26/2024 at 2:27 PM, teomingern said:

You have to ask them to send you a new link... In progress means you're stuck... it's lost in the system just like ours... try to email them...

Emailed..... Of course, still waiting ☺️

• Sad 1

Supersonic
On 7/29/2024 at 6:27 PM, Mkl22 said:

Considering how negative you are on Malaysia, plus your concern over how unsafe and corrupted they are, you better leave the giving of kopi money to us lah.  

Not that I have paid any in the last 10 years. I just tell them to issue summon each time.  

Last one was in April this year, was told they clocked me speeding at 133km/h. Offered to settle on the spot. End up I didn't need to pay a single cent, just another exercise to collect kopi money. 

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/29/2024 at 7:20 PM, Fcw75 said:

That’s a lot of personal info. 

Yup 100%. Even foreign immigration doesn't have your NRIC number.

I don't even give my full address usually to foreign immigration. I just give the block number and postal code at most. Since most countries will just assume it's a house number.

My wife will destroy the tags of even parcels that we discard.

But this one they will mail the tag to you.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged
On 7/29/2024 at 2:39 PM, teomingern said:

The current system requires the owner to upload the official owner data set from LTA which means that regardless of driver, the owner of the car will be nailed for any offences... the Malaysian side leaves you to figure how to split the fine with whoever you claimed drove your car... hence it's more comprehensive and less prone to evasion of offences...

Many people don't drive their own cars into Malaysia. They drive rental car, friend's car, family car etc.

There must to be a foolproof way to punish the driver and not the owner. Otherwise the system will become chaotic and create lots of disputes.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 7/29/2024 at 9:17 PM, Voodooman said:

Considering how negative you are on Malaysia, plus your concern over how unsafe and corrupted they are, you better leave the giving of kopi money to us lah.  

Not that I have paid any in the last 10 years. I just tell them to issue summon each time.  

Last one was in April this year, was told they clocked me speeding at 133km/h. Offered to settle on the spot. End up I didn't need to pay a single cent, just another exercise to collect kopi money. 

Hardly drive up nowadays. But kopi money will always be there. Don’t want to deal with the hassles in the past of paying fine . If rm50 can settle. To each his own. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Everyday, many PHV drivers go in to pump petrol, wash car, massage, etc and they rented the cars from those companies like GrabRentals. 

The companies will do the VEP for every single cars they rented out meh? If don’t do, the drivers cannot go in sure KPKB.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 7/29/2024 at 8:59 PM, Mkl22 said:

Hardly drive up nowadays. But kopi money will always be there. Don’t want to deal with the hassles in the past of paying fine . If rm50 can settle. To each his own. 

I have collected a number of summons.

Never pay.

Anyway, i am not law by law person.

• Haha! 1

5th Gear

wow, finally after a few weeks. VEP finally approved.

opted for postage rather than go there queue

• Praise 2

On 7/29/2024 at 9:51 PM, Benarsenal said:

Many people don't drive their own cars into Malaysia. They drive rental car, friend's car, family car etc.

There must to be a foolproof way to punish the driver and not the owner. Otherwise the system will become chaotic and create lots of disputes.

Shouldn't be a problem if their immigration database is integrated with the VEP database... whichever car is recorded as entering is tagged with the people whose passports are scanned on entry... that will log whoever drove in... at least limited to that few people in the car... I mean it's always a case of how much money and effort you want to expand to fix this to make it absolutely watertight... thankfully we're not like the some countries where it's so litigious...

(edited)
On 7/29/2024 at 10:34 PM, Fcw75 said:

Everyday, many PHV drivers go in to pump petrol, wash car, massage, etc and they rented the cars from those companies like GrabRentals. 

The companies will do the VEP for every single cars they rented out meh? If don’t do, the drivers cannot go in sure KPKB.

Ha ha... actually can PHEV cars enter Malaysia? I have never seen one... although I don't go in frequently lar... I mean the drivers can scream their heads off about not having VEP registered but the reality is that their service location is Singapore, and not Malaysia... entering Malaysia is their own private affair... driving a company car in isn't part of the deal... so they just suck it up lor... anyway for them time is money, I wonder if such a diversion really pays off...

I mean for Malaysia, it's really one side benefit to prevent leakage of petrol subsidies... if PHEV drivers do really drive in enmasse for the fuel top ups... it will be really significant but so far it's never been raised by Malaysia... but then again I don't know better lar...

Edited by teomingern

(edited)
On 7/29/2024 at 9:23 PM, Lala81 said:

Yup 100%. Even foreign immigration doesn't have your NRIC number.

I don't even give my full address usually to foreign immigration. I just give the block number and postal code at most. Since most countries will just assume it's a house number.

My wife will destroy the tags of even parcels that we discard.

But this one they will mail the tag to you.

Huh? Your NRIC number is on the info page of your passport leh... the passport info page is scanned and all the data is captured... that's why there's a more or less standardized layout mah... the slide bar at the bottom of the page also has your NRIC number embedded... 

Edited by teomingern

On 7/29/2024 at 9:17 PM, Voodooman said:

Yeah... my last time was like 15 years ago... I was stopped on the section of the Second Link between the bridge and the Malaysian checkpoint... some idiot policeman decided to waylay all Singapore cars after the steep downhill after the bend... his partner walked out to flag down a car after I was stopped... that car almost ran him down... the driver 'zham' brake until smoke out all over...

And I was told I was speeding (I was not as I was going at 110 kmh, and I was quite sure I was already past the signage that indicated the higher speed), and I was showed a radar photo of a back of a random car... the officer said they have my radar photo showing I was speeding... he asked for my driver's license, and for my address... but he didn't know my license didn't have address... 'so dumb'... my mum who happened to be with me (was visiting relatives) asked for the summons, and the officer became super aggressive... saying he can help us, and on and on it went... we refused and kept asking for the ticket... in the end the clown gave up, returned my license and shooed us away... my mum some more threatened to take down his rank and name and report him... that got him really jumpy and he was even more insistent in shooing us away... wah piang... this is the most unprofessional 'kopi extraction exercise'... anyway it's been my only encounter all these years... 

• Haha! 3

On 7/29/2024 at 6:58 PM, Lala81 said:

Didn't realise so much information is given out. 

Then no thanks for me. I thought it's just passport number which is still acceptable. 

Won't surrender NRIC number etc unnecessarily. 

The first 3 items of your personal data is on the info page of your passport lar... only your email, mobile and address aren't recorded there... the first 3 can't change, the last 3 can be easily changed mah...

So you're already surrendering all the very personal info regardless as long as you hand in your passport at any immigration counter in the world lor...

On 7/30/2024 at 8:06 AM, Actan72 said:

wow, finally after a few weeks. VEP finally approved.

opted for postage rather than go there queue

Good for you bro! Still got to wait another 2 weeks to get it I guess...

Hypersonic
On 7/30/2024 at 8:39 AM, teomingern said:

Ha ha... actually can PHEV cars enter Malaysia? I have never seen one... although I don't go in frequently lar... I mean the drivers can scream their heads off about not having VEP registered but the reality is that their service location is Singapore, and not Malaysia... entering Malaysia is their own private affair... driving a company car in isn't part of the deal... so they just suck it up lor... anyway for them time is money, I wonder if such a diversion really pays off...

I mean for Malaysia, it's really one side benefit to prevent leakage of petrol subsidies... if PHEV drivers do really drive in enmasse for the fuel top ups... it will be really significant but so far it's never been raised by Malaysia... but then again I don't know better lar...

Many PHV drivers do go in during off peak period like after 10am. Those who rent and drive full time one…

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3