VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

On 7/15/2024 at 9:36 AM, Wormee said:

Login using your SingPass, go to your vehicle hub and select enquire & print veh reg details. 

Thank you bro! Got it and re-uploaded to VEP site just now.

↡ Advertisement

On 7/14/2024 at 6:17 AM, inlinesix said:

Proper documentation comes with inverted coma.

Crime syndicate doesn’t buy them.

It is sold cheaply to the masses. Much cheaper than equivalent car.

How do they manage it with the exchange rate as it is? Surely the scrap cars have some value still? Or just bodywork fees?

On 7/14/2024 at 6:43 PM, Dafansu said:

so even if u click renew, still need to wait for it to expire then it will auto deregister like your case?

Yes... it just expired and auto deregistered... and that's probably why the whole thing hang... cos they don't know what to do or have no process for such cases... now my account just shows in progress...

When I have the time, I'll try re-applying for a new tag and see what happens... 

I think yours might be in the same category unless they make some updates to the whole process... I really don't know what the renewal option is for if it doesn't work... I renewed about 2 weeks before it expired...

Hypersonic
On 7/15/2024 at 11:53 AM, teomingern said:

How do they manage it with the exchange rate as it is? Surely the scrap cars have some value still? Or just bodywork fees?

Like SGD1k for the scrap car.

Local junkyard will not know what happens after that

• Praise 1

On 7/15/2024 at 12:09 PM, inlinesix said:

Like SGD1k for the scrap car.

Local junkyard will not know what happens after that

Oh? That makes total sense... actually it's like really good for the environment cos our cars are all still fairly new after the statuary 10 year COE limit is reached... plus our cars tend to have higher specs... would be very attractive to buyers in Malaysia...

• Praise 1

2nd Gear

Any gurus can advice or help please… 🙏

tried their live chat, but keeps indicating my ID number i input is wrong, cannot proceed with live chat… -.-IMG_2345.thumb.jpeg.39b1e88c4311754bcb7831692af9032e.jpeg

previously my T & G was register under passport.. so i went to delete and re-register.. however, upon scanning of document, it doesnt allow me to change from passport to NRIC… 

• Shocked 1

@Se3h3ng You shouldn’t have deleted it. I use the live chat function at TnG app, and the agent helped me tagged my NRIC to my current TnG app, and then it all works! Paid for the tag and now waiting for delivery to my home.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 7/15/2024 at 4:52 PM, Se3h3ng said:

Any gurus can advice or help please… 🙏

tried their live chat, but keeps indicating my ID number i input is wrong, cannot proceed with live chat… -.-IMG_2345.thumb.jpeg.39b1e88c4311754bcb7831692af9032e.jpeg

previously my T & G was register under passport.. so i went to delete and re-register.. however, upon scanning of document, it doesnt allow me to change from passport to NRIC… 

If all else fails, email [email protected]

• Praise 2

Clutched

How does the new VEP RFID tag looks like? My colleague just received his by mail but it is not the blue colour one as shown in most websites. It is a small transparent type. Anyone collected at TCSENS recently? How does it look like?

Turbocharged
On 7/18/2024 at 5:10 PM, Ecc35 said:

How does the new VEP RFID tag looks like? My colleague just received his by mail but it is not the blue colour one as shown in most websites. It is a small transparent type. Anyone collected at TCSENS recently? How does it look like?

delivery will be transparent to be pasted at left headlamp. If u go to TCSens will be the old blue tag to be placed inside windscreen. 

Clutched

@Dafansu I see. I also opted for delivery. Should have gone to collect. Prefer to put in the car.

Turbocharged
On 7/18/2024 at 6:10 PM, Ecc35 said:

@Dafansu I see. I also opted for delivery. Should have gone to collect. Prefer to put in the car.

some people don't like the blue tag though. 

Supersonic
On 7/18/2024 at 6:10 PM, Ecc35 said:

After having the tag on my front left headlight for 2 years, It doesn't bother me one bit as it is almost transparent. Noone stole it or vandalized it as well and I wash my car mostly in MY. 

More importantly, for all that trouble, the tag must work to open toll gates and for charges to be directly debited from your ewallet. 😃

• Praise 2

Clutched

@Voodooman Thanks. That is very reassuring. I made my payment on 2 July, until now no sign of delivery. The email says will send out within 10 days...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5th Gear
(edited)

Hello everyone ,

mine VEP expired in 7/10/24 and got hard time to look for renewal button ! Can advice how to renew as can't even see any renewal button ?

Still valid as JPJ claims EASY QUICK CONVENIENT ?

IMG_5384.png

Edited by Char
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 7/20/2024 at 10:05 AM, Char said:

Hello everyone ,

mine VEP expired in 7/10/24 and got hard time to look for renewal button ! Can advice how to renew as can't even see any renewal button ?

Still valid as JPJ claims EASY QUICK CONVENIENT ?

IMG_5384.png

2 mths before your expiry. 

6th Gear

Finally called TCSENS on the VEPAMS website unable to login issue and got it resolved within 5 mins after they sent a new link.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1