VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

@AndrewLee72

On 10/11/2024 at 7:01 PM, AndrewLee72 said:

Wait for the delivery.. like take dam long. After that still need take photo. Send them . Wait for approval rite ?

now approval seems very fast.

Yesterday I installed the new tag at Taman daya at 11am.

Jalan Jalan at jb till 10:55pm reach home, took photo and submit.

Within 10 mins, 11:04 pm I got the approval via email. 

• Praise 1

you need this ... 

2024-10-12_224747.jpg

On 10/12/2024 at 10:36 PM, Bronzzeart said:

Hi guys, any idea how to remove the old vep tag from the windscreen? Thanks  

IMG_3713.thumb.jpeg.19eb9b968c3f5cbd3a9d16afdb980981.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

With the VEP, go Malaysia side custom auto deduct RM22.37 from JB side using TnG eWallet with auto top up turn on and barrier auto open is so much better despite the whole process of applying VEP sucks. Now they need to fine tuned the RFID reader to make sure that it read the tag every time on NSH or CIQ custom. 

Next level will be implementing the RFID reader to all JB shopping centre to make it even a more seamless experience. 

Edited by Fellows

Turbocharged

u should have remove it first before letting them paste. Spray goo gone, soak it, slowly scrap it out. Took me almost an hour. But with your tag below u may need to cover it up to avoid damaging it, if not can just scrap it out with a sharp plastic scraper or use your nails.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 10/13/2024 at 1:59 AM, Fellows said:

With the VEP, go Malaysia side custom auto deduct RM22.37 from JB side using TnG eWallet with auto top up turn on and barrier auto open is so much better despite the whole process of applying VEP sucks. Now they need to fine tuned the RFID reader to make sure that it read the tag every time on NSH or CIQ custom. 

Next level will be implementing the RFID reader to all JB shopping centre to make it even a more seamless experience. 

already started since year 2019 they have been fine tuning it for years. 

(edited)
On 10/13/2024 at 1:59 AM, Fellows said:

you must keep your fingers-crossed that it works on NSH

Reverse-Forward-InsyaAllah-Detect ... RFID

worst thing is the car in front not working ... then you're stuck!

all NSH RFID only has 1 lane hor ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
On 10/13/2024 at 10:43 AM, inlinesix said:

A lot of KL mall has implemented VRN recognition upon entry.

RFID for car park unlikely to be implemented 

VRN recognition is the best, especially can install several cams to create 360-view

success rate is 99.95% of detection ...

a good system will also auto-mask facial ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

On 10/11/2024 at 8:28 PM, teomingern said:

Finally managed to register my deregistration request in the VEPAMS website... the silly OTP takes more than 1 min to arrive... now it's pending verification... hopefully this manages to solve my problem... absolutely ridiculous...

To update... they do respond to email quickly these days... but with replies that obviously never look at the situation... after I told them for the umpteenth time that I could not get my tag de-registered, I was told to do de-registeration... which I did... and in response to my reply that my application was already de-registered on the VEPAMS website but not the VEPJPJ website, I was told that my car's old tag has already expired... and to register a new one... it was really a 'What the...' moment... so I wrote back and described my situation again but this time in caps and red letters to indicate my unhappiness and also to help them see what the issue is clearly... maybe they need help in summarizing the important bits in the email... whatever... 

On 10/13/2024 at 11:06 AM, Wt_know said:

VRN recognition is the best, especially can install several cams to create 360-view

success rate is 99.95% of detection ...

a good system will also auto-mask facial ...

Doesn't solve the problem of ghost cars... cos number plate can change any time... no one is the wiser... 

On 10/13/2024 at 1:26 PM, teomingern said:

Doesn't solve the problem of ghost cars... cos number plate can change any time... no one is the wiser... 

VRN recognition is not to solve ghost car problem.

look for gorilla fluid...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1