VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

5th Gear
On 8/26/2024 at 5:23 PM, hangloose21 said:

TnG website or app ?

TnG app, just click on the top right profile icon and click on your name, then it will do a face verification before going into your profile info page.

You can't edit your ID directly but at the bottom there is a Customer Careline link that you can submit a request.

↡ Advertisement

5th Gear

These are the 2 follow up emails I received from TnG after submitting the request.

This one is after I submitted the request to update by TnG ID to NRIC.

90782060_WhatsAppImage2024-08-26at11_49.45_47eec155.thumb.jpg.0d8f4ea0ad2fcbd815687f6b34844b7d.jpg

This one is moments after sending them the info they requested.

1064996338_WhatsAppImage2024-08-26at11_50.03_f48bdb25.thumb.jpg.25114c78a7cff01f71ad4f50be021811.jpg

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Can't hold back my laughter.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://mothership.sg/2024/08/vep-info-centre-appointment/

VEP info centre in Woodlands to allow visits strictly by appointment only from Aug. 26, 2024

Due to the influx of visitors, a new system to book an appointment has been implemented and has started on Aug. 26

According to the caption of the post, the doors will be locked so that those without an appointment will not be able to enter the premises.

Moreover, there are limited appointment slots per day.

• Haha! 4

Supercharged
On 8/27/2024 at 7:50 AM, tailtwist said:

@Spidey10 they WONT be sending you a blue one when u opt for postage..blue one only available when you do self collect.

Thanks and noted......will decide when i reach that stage of my applciation....:grin:

this is tougher than a professional degree..

• Praise 1

On 8/27/2024 at 6:41 AM, Kopites said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

VEP info centre in Woodlands to allow visits strictly by appointment only from Aug. 26, 2024

Due to the influx of visitors, a new system to book an appointment has been implemented and has started on Aug. 26

According to the caption of the post, the doors will be locked so that those without an appointment will not be able to enter the premises.

What's the point of going there just for enquiries when you can find all information here?

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
On 8/27/2024 at 8:48 AM, hangloose21 said:

What's the point of going there just for enquiries when you can find all information here?

You can't walk in now.

• Haha! 1

On 8/27/2024 at 6:41 AM, Kopites said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lock doors inside can relax la kopi! 😆

• Haha! 1

On 8/27/2024 at 8:01 AM, Spidey10 said:

Thanks and noted......will decide when i reach that stage of my applciation....:grin:

this is tougher than a professional degree..

Wah ha ha... so true...

On 8/26/2024 at 6:14 PM, Dark said:

TnG app, just click on the top right profile icon and click on your name, then it will do a face verification before going into your profile info page.

You can't edit your ID directly but at the bottom there is a Customer Careline link that you can submit a request.

Thanks! I did that yesterday... but they asked for 48 hours cos the email volume is very high... I don't understand why they don't design it such that must use NRIC to register instead of passport... they could use the country of origin to link with the ID type since we use NRIC... in any case all countries bordering Malaysia overland all use NRIC... so why bother with having the passport option? Very strange...

Is the woodlands office just for enquiries?  My approval has been pending for a month. Can we go down and ask for them to approve on the spot? 

Supersonic
On 8/26/2024 at 6:05 PM, teomingern said:

Ok I just checked and my TnG also under Passport ID type... so must change right? Just sent in to request for a change... sigh... hope this goes through... as for the VEP still waiting for email reply... tomorrow don't get answer will send email again... and again... until I get a reply to delete my Renew Application...

I thought u have a tag now, just not working. Then it should already be NRIC, otherwise it won't be activated.

On 8/27/2024 at 11:48 AM, Voodooman said:

I thought u have a tag now, just not working. Then it should already be NRIC, otherwise it won't be activated.

My tag expired in July... it didn't work all along... I didn't realize that my ID type in my TnG e-wallet was Passport... when I first registered I had issue with selecting NRIC... I simply couldn't select it and put in my NRIC no... cos they only accept Malaysia ID numbers... super dumb... so I selected Passport number... and put in my Passport number... also got problem... apparently too many numbers or something like that... so I used my NRIC... then it worked... so I didn't check since then lar... cos I can use it mah... totally forgot about it... so I decided to check this time and I noticed the discrepancy... aiyoh... so must update now lor... what to do...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 8/27/2024 at 12:00 PM, teomingern said:

My tag expired in July... it didn't work all along... I didn't realize that my ID type in my TnG e-wallet was Passport... when I first registered I had issue with selecting NRIC... I simply couldn't select it and put in my NRIC no... cos they only accept Malaysia ID numbers... super dumb... so I selected Passport number... and put in my Passport number... also got problem... apparently too many numbers or something like that... so I used my NRIC... then it worked... so I didn't check since then lar... cos I can use it mah... totally forgot about it... so I decided to check this time and I noticed the discrepancy... aiyoh... so must update now lor... what to do...

My ID type on TnG app is still Passport today even though i went through the same process to update NRIC so that it can be linked to VEP. Don't think you need to update. 

Supersonic
(edited)
On 8/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, Extremme said:

Is the woodlands office just for enquiries?  My approval has been pending for a month. Can we go down and ask for them to approve on the spot? 

Same here, one of my car pending for tag processing but no sound no picture after that, the other one pending for verification perpetually, sent email to the VEP id they also boh hiu. Malaysia boleh. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement