VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Hypersonic
On 9/15/2024 at 2:12 PM, Voodooman said:

It is and it is widely accepted. Unlike in SG, many small businesses refused to accept digital payment and we know why. 

Not many now lah. 

On 9/15/2024 at 6:57 PM, Lala81 said:

Not many now lah. 

I find more and more actually, not less, there was a time whereby adoption rate is higher. 

On 9/15/2024 at 7:00 PM, Voodooman said:

Anthony is DAP and this smells like MCA.  😂

Here also sama sama.... Remember some 2 dollar IT company? 

• Haha! 2

(edited)

TnG ... 90% accepted in most shops, restaurants, retails, etc ... except for roadside stalls and old school markets

even all the "popular" pasar malam (JB, Melaka, KL) all accept TnG payment liao ... 

Paylah/Paynow ... also 90% accepted in Singapore la ... 

i have been using both wallets for at least 1-2 years and zero cash

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
On 9/15/2024 at 7:01 PM, Voodooman said:

I find more and more actually, not less, there was a time whereby adoption rate is higher. 

Really? I think since 2023, adoption rate is higher. Lot of small heartland shops also adopt. I'm someone who don't mind using cash but also reduced my usage greatly.

• Praise 1

On 9/15/2024 at 7:05 PM, Wt_know said:

TnG ... 90% accepted in most shops, restaurants, retails, etc ... except for roadside stalls and some traditional markets

even all the "popular" pasar malam accept TnG payment liao ... 

Paylah/Paynow ... also 90% accepted in Singapore la ... 

i have been using both wallets for at least 1-2 years and zero cash

Yup, i can survive with just TnG with zero cash in MY but not in SG. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 9/15/2024 at 7:03 PM, Volvobrick said:

Here also sama sama.... Remember some 2 dollar IT company? 

Not disputing that but just stating facts based on the article. If you have political statements to make, the floor is yours.  😂😂😂

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 2

On 9/13/2024 at 12:30 AM, GTO-1 said:

That's only the second stage of waiting.  After you get the tag and take a picture+upload, expect to wait at least another two weeks plus for them to activate.  Some people waiting a month plus.

Hahaha. Well, can only say their people didn't seriously brainstorm enough about the issues. We took it very seriously but they cannot handle it. Let's see in another 2 weeks time what's the outcome.

(edited)
On 9/14/2024 at 5:30 PM, Stary said:

I am actually very impressed by their Touch & Go app. It is the first e-wallet app that I actually feel safe enough to use for cashless payment.   Funny enough that my first e-wallet cashless payment was done in MY. lol....

It works like a charm. Whether for topping up TnG cards or do cashless payment, it never fails. And if I transfer funds from a MY bank to the TnG e-wallet,  it is instantaneous every time. 

Meanwhile we in SG when scanning the QR code we need to look carefully whether it suppoet PayNow, PayLah, FavePay, ShopBack and many more. We just cannot standardised 1 national QR code of payment and govt to ensure all stores must support Paynow, if want other QR payment that up to the stores. 

When payment, saw the QR code but only support FavePay, walk into other store supported by Paynow and PayLah. Walk to another store only take in cash. 

Edited by Fellows
  • Haha! 2

On 9/14/2024 at 12:59 PM, GTO-1 said:

What's interesting about the article is they said the tag is installed on the windscreen.  So no big issues if installed on windscreen or headlamp as previously suggested.

Mailed - headlamp: transparent tag

On site - windscreen: blue tag

On 9/15/2024 at 6:42 PM, Zxcvb said:

Anyone done the VEP tag collection at Woodlands side already? Care to share the process and review? I'm doing mine end of the month. 

I clicked in this morning trying to get collection at Woodlands........ cannot find any date before the end of November and I gave up. I don't really want the fugly sh!t on my headlamp.

Turbocharged
On 9/16/2024 at 10:37 AM, bsswan said:

I clicked in this morning trying to get collection at Woodlands........ cannot find any date before the end of November and I gave up. I don't really want the fugly sh!t on my headlamp.

the tag on the windscreen is more uglier and more obvious. headlamp is just a transparent tag and with grey antenna chip behind. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Hi, my friend just call me saying that his VEP expired on the 4th Sept and now the status is de-registered. What should he do?

1. Re-apply as new vehicle?
2. Send a mail to JPJ asking them to redo the status to Renew?

Turbocharged
On 9/16/2024 at 2:40 PM, Dankoo said:

@Dafansu I have the tag on my windscreen since 2019...not ugly leh...

sorry i find it ugly and also like many others, removed it immediately once i deactivated it

• Haha! 1

(edited)
On 9/16/2024 at 5:57 PM, Dafansu said:

sorry i find it ugly and also like many others, removed it immediately once i deactivated it

I feel the same.

Not my car but you can barely see the VEP tag on the right headlight. On the windscreen, you will see it every time you get behind the wheels coz it is right in the center.  

But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some people like lots of decal /stickers on their windscreen, some don't. So we should not bother to convince anyone we have better taste and esthetic although we definitely do. 😂😂😂

IMG_0222.jpeg

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement