VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

On 9/11/2024 at 11:44 AM, Bluepica said:

This is right... I just found out road charge is not pay direct with TnG card... but the weird thing is, it's missing from the TnG card transaction as well for the RM20 road charge... all PLUS tol charges (not pay direct) is listed as "usage" without even stating which exit tol it was. but when I "email" the TnG statement to my email, the PDF have all these exact charges in it.

You need to tap on "usage" to get the detail.  It shows entry and exit toll.

↡ Advertisement

On 9/11/2024 at 11:48 AM, teomingern said:

Yeah... it's left hand don't talk to right hand kind of issue... cos Road Charge goes to JPJ, your toll charges go through TnG and Plus... so they won't bother with the JPJ- payments although at their end they keep track for their accounting and transfer purposes...

For JB CIQ, road charge usually deduct from ewallet while bridge toll is deducted from TnG card.

There are 2 different readers that are managed separately by separate party.

Payment gateway for both are TnG.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 9/11/2024 at 12:11 PM, inlinesix said:

For JB CIQ, road charge usually deduct from ewallet while bridge toll is deducted from TnG card.

But VEP RFID cannot use for road tolls like NSH?

On 9/11/2024 at 12:17 PM, bsswan said:

But VEP RFID cannot use for road tolls like NSH?

Can.

Must use lane that says MYRFID.

• Praise 1

On 9/11/2024 at 12:20 PM, inlinesix said:

Can.

ADVERTISEMENT

close
draggable-icon.svg
Advertisements
english_zodiac[webstory]-new-20240909-08:02
arrow_forward_iosRead more

CANCEL
NEXT VIDEO

play_arrow
volume_mute

ausePlay
% buffered00:00
00:06
01:31
UnmuteMuteMust use lane that says RFID.

Nice....... too confused.

(edited)

Point 1: In conclusion, once RFID VEP Tag is activated and TnG eWallet got money inside, there is no need for physical TnG card payment for both Woodlands and Tuas Malaysia side checkpoint and NSH via MYRFID lane. 

Point 2: You only need TnG card to pay for shopping mall carpark as most of their mall didn’t installed the RFID Reader to deduct via VEP Tag. 

Expert that already used it kindly comment, provided that point 1, their RFID reader can detect your VEP Tag, totally no need TnG physical card at all?

Expert can also confirm point 2 as well. 

Edited by Fellows

On 9/11/2024 at 12:11 PM, inlinesix said:

Ideally the gateway should keep track lar... but this is Malaysia so boleh lor...

(edited)
On 9/11/2024 at 3:20 PM, teomingern said:

Ideally the gateway should keep track lar... but this is Malaysia so boleh lor...

So far, i don't have any missing transaction.

Even Aeon car park deduction is included.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 9/12/2024 at 8:43 AM, Spidey10 said:

1 week already....still no email or nothing to say it's on the way....haiii

image.thumb.png.3c51599cc6880c5d6b520b2124ff0a2b.png

one week only, still long way, it will take 1 month plus to process then ship out

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged
On 9/12/2024 at 8:59 AM, Dafansu said:

one week only, still long way, it will take 1 month plus to process then ship out

alamak...jia lat....better make a trip in next week and do my groceries shopping and pump kaw kaw...

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 9/12/2024 at 9:29 AM, Spidey10 said:

alamak...jia lat....better make a trip in next week and do my groceries shopping and pump kaw kaw...

everyone is thinking the same, good luck 😁

• Haha! 3

On 9/12/2024 at 8:43 AM, Spidey10 said:

1 week already....still no email or nothing to say it's on the way....haiii

image.thumb.png.3c51599cc6880c5d6b520b2124ff0a2b.png

When I settled the payment in last week of Aug, I saw the message, "the tag will be delivered to you within 10 days", I was relieved. Till now nothing. Let's see how they go when near 1st Oct. Whether they implement or not, they slapped their face either way.

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 9/12/2024 at 10:20 AM, Heartbreakid said:

When I settled the payment in last week of Aug, I saw the message, "the tag will be delivered to you within 10 days", I was relieved. Till now nothing. Let's see how they go when near 1st Oct. Whether they implement or not, they slapped their face either way.

the 10 days is default since day 1, now with influx of applications it will takes 3 to 4 times longer

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
On 9/11/2024 at 1:33 PM, Fellows said:

Point 1: In conclusion, once RFID VEP Tag is activated and TnG eWallet got money inside, there is no need for physical TnG card payment for both Woodlands and Tuas Malaysia side checkpoint and NSH via MYRFID lane. 

Point 2: You only need TnG card to pay for shopping mall carpark as most of their mall didn’t installed the RFID Reader to deduct via VEP Tag. 

Expert that already used it kindly comment, provided that point 1, their RFID reader can detect your VEP Tag, totally no need TnG physical card at all?

Expert can also confirm point 2 as well. 

Point 1 is correct. I have been doing this for the past 5 years. I manage to renew my VEP tag successfully again last month. I just went in Muar last week and return with all toll transaction capture in my TnG app.

Point 2 I did not try as once I reach my in-law house in Muar, I change to their car for outing.

But do keep in mind to have TnG card on hand when traveling along NSH. There is only  1 MyRFID lane at every toll. I have experience that the MyRFID lane is under repair and luckily I have the Smart Tag with TnG card in and manage to cross via Smart Tag lane.

Edited by Gdspd08
  • Praise 4

Supercharged
On 9/12/2024 at 11:36 AM, Gdspd08 said:

Point 1 is correct. I have been doing this for the past 5 years. I manage to renew my VEP tag successfully again last month. I just went in Muar last week and return with all toll transaction capture in my TnG app.

Point 2 I did not try as once I reach my in-law house in Muar, I change to their car for outing.

But do keep in mind to have TnG card on hand when traveling along NSH. There is only  1 MyRFID lane at every toll. I have experience that the MyRFID lane is under repair and
luckily I have the Smart Tag with TnG card in and manage to cross via Smart Tag lane.

I have never used the MyRFID lane on the highway....still use the T&G lane..

Does it mean we need to used the MyRFID lane entrance and also exit MyRFID lane? or can we use T&G lane and exit at MyRFID? is this possible...

• Praise 1

On 9/12/2024 at 11:40 AM, Spidey10 said:

I have never used the MyRFID lane on the highway....still use the T&G lane..

Does it mean we need to used the MyRFID lane entrance and also exit MyRFID lane? or can we use T&G lane and exit at MyRFID? is this possible...

How does the system know where you enter if you use MYRFID to exit?

↡ Advertisement