VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

On 9/2/2024 at 10:16 AM, Voodooman said:

It won’t, otherwise it will be double debit.

Unlike our system of 1 bucket, they have 2. eWallet and physical card.

You still need to check card balance and top up periodically as some machines won’t allow direct debit even when it is enabled in your TnG app. 

Yup, checked, both e-wallet balance and TnG card balance, there are in different section of the TnG app... both history does not have this RM20 road charge and also 4 -5 missing tol payment info on that same day, but that RM2.37 tol payment at immigration booth is there ....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 9/2/2024 at 10:31 AM, Bluepica said:

Yup, checked, both e-wallet balance and TnG card balance, there are in different section of the TnG app... both history does not have this RM20 road charge and also 4 -5 missing tol payment info on that same day, but that RM2.37 tol payment at immigration booth is there ....

I am a bit confused, you mentioned it is deducted from card but the transaction is not reflected.

Did you click on Transactions (see screenshot), View all on next tab and check your transaction history on ewallet? 

IMG_0188.jpeg

Assuming i do not wish to top up my e-wallet, we can still pay by TnG card and not via RFID for the road charge/Toll payment at custom correct? 

On 9/2/2024 at 10:46 AM, Voodooman said:

I am a bit confused, you mentioned it is deducted from card but the transaction is not reflected.

Did you click on Transactions (see screenshot), View all on next tab and check your transaction history on ewallet? 

IMG_0188.jpeg

Yes, that's why I am confused too, money deducted but not reflected in history... if not deduct, the immigration officer won't let me go and other tol plaza barrier won't open... haha

• Praise 1

On 9/2/2024 at 12:13 PM, Lucio said:

Assuming i do not wish to top up my e-wallet, we can still pay by TnG card and not via RFID for the road charge/Toll payment at custom correct? 

by default it will auto deduct from RFID (e-wallet) first, if e-wallet not enough then u can tap ur TnG card....unless you cover up ur RFID la...lol

Hypersonic
On 9/2/2024 at 9:24 AM, Voodooman said:

So fast? They even work on Sunday? 

Apparently… was also surprised

they reviewed against the uploaded documents and made changes.  Just had to acknowledge the changes then make payment and done

😅

• Praise 1

On 9/2/2024 at 2:24 PM, Enye said:

Apparently… was also surprised

they reviewed against the uploaded documents and made changes.  Just had to acknowledge the changes then make payment and done

😅

About time they get their act together. 

Probably added a lot more resources but a bit late. Malaysia boleh!

On 9/2/2024 at 1:43 PM, Bluepica said:

Yes, that's why I am confused too, money deducted but not reflected in history... if not deduct, the immigration officer won't let me go and other tol plaza barrier won't open... haha

I think it is debited from eWallet but don’t go to card to check, check under Transactions/ View all. 

if not, you should be happy to get a RM20 discount. 

On 4/15/2022 at 8:27 AM, Sotong1977 said:

Saw from website that the VEP RFID tag will be delivered via postage. The applicant will be contacted through email for confirmation on the postage arrangement. Seems like updated procedure. But within the same website at another page, it stated "The distribution of VEP-RFID tags will first be rolled out to privately owned/registered motor vehicles excluding motorcycle. However, the owner of motorcycles, commercial/goods vehicles and public service vehicles must also register for VEP. The installation of VEP-RFID tags involving these vehicle categories will take place at a later date which will be informed through an e-mail notification." Confusing.

If by postage, arrangement will be same as RFID tag for TnG which is available in shopee - self paste on vehicle.

https://vep.jpj.gov.my/#/

@Sotong1977 I think Shopee VEP tag is different if I am not wrong.
I already activated my VEP tag a couple of weeks ago.
This Wed I going in. I will test the headlamp type to see its work.
By the way, I have not tear off my exisiting blue deregistered VEP tag.
Will it affect the entry like double detection?

On 4/15/2022 at 8:27 AM, Sotong1977 said:

Saw from website that the VEP RFID tag will be delivered via postage. The applicant will be contacted through email for confirmation on the postage arrangement. Seems like updated procedure. But within the same website at another page, it stated "The distribution of VEP-RFID tags will first be rolled out to privately owned/registered motor vehicles excluding motorcycle. However, the owner of motorcycles, commercial/goods vehicles and public service vehicles must also register for VEP. The installation of VEP-RFID tags involving these vehicle categories will take place at a later date which will be informed through an e-mail notification." Confusing.

If by postage, arrangement will be same as RFID tag for TnG which is available in shopee - self paste on vehicle.

https://vep.jpj.gov.my/#/

By the way, I have not tear off my existing blue deregistered VEP tag.

Neutral Newbie
On 9/2/2024 at 4:02 PM, Gdspd08 said:

By the way, I have not tear off my existing blue deregistered VEP tag.

In case there is any confusion, there is no such thing as Shopee VEP tag. VEP tag (VEP RFID tag) is only via official channel under TCSENS. Those selling in Shopee or other platforms are TNG RFID tags. They look the same (the headlamp type) and should operate the same way for toll deduction, but TNG RFID tag does not have VEP information.

• Praise 2

On 9/2/2024 at 8:18 PM, Wt_know said:

counting down to Oct 1 for VEP ... song song gao JB ... huat ah!

You may see the U-turn returning to SG lanes all jam..

• Haha! 2

Anyone knows can we dun tear off the existing blue windscreen tag and have the headlamp VEP tag to go across JB custom?

Will there be error detecting 2 VEP tag? ( Windscreen blue tag deactivated)

Turbocharged
On 9/2/2024 at 9:33 PM, Gdspd08 said:

Anyone knows can we dun tear off the existing blue windscreen tag and have the headlamp VEP tag to go across JB custom?

Will there be error detecting 2 VEP tag? ( Windscreen blue tag deactivated)

deactivated means no longer effective, check your TnG app

Supercharged
On 9/3/2024 at 2:10 PM, Eyke said:

That's good news...

but mine still stuck in limbo....waiting for them to verify leh, I tried sending email, but bounce back with a message saying email box is full. Tried calling but is engage tone all the time....haiii

• Haha! 2