VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Supersonic
On 8/28/2024 at 6:47 PM, Dafansu said:

no need waste such money in my opinion, if u know how to register an account here and post a reply, I believe you are savvy enough to register the VEP yourself. 😁

I won't as well. It was tedious to fill up the details but my application was very smooth the second time i did it.  

Form filling exercise that took me less than an hour. $150 for less than 1 hour of work is just not worth it. 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

No reply after submitted the left headlight photo with car plate and status still shown as: Tag issued but not activated.

I had email JPJ VEP on Monday and they replied saying to attach the VEP confirmation slip for them to check again what’s going on and send me the activation link again. 

They also said: once received, kindly click on the hyperlink provided within 7 days for activation purpose before expired. So now is another wait.

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 1

@Spidey10 There is no option to choose Windscreen type or headlamp type. They 100% mail u headlamp type.
U can try go to their office at Denga Bay to get the windscreen type. My friend purposely went in to get the windscreen type but fail.
Only exceptional case then can get windscreen type like some car headlamp too small or got shield.
I know Alphard headlight may not be able to detect. The new Prius headlight so tiny...u need 5 cm away from the metal surface.
I duno can new Prius be installed anot.

2023_toyota_prius_17_2560x1440.thumb.jpg.8ff6df59fcb21c74813de0f0c1f79bf0.jpg

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 8/29/2024 at 12:22 PM, Gdspd08 said:

@Spidey10 There is no option to choose Windscreen type or headlamp type. They 100% mail u headlamp type.
U can try go to their office at Denga Bay to get the windscreen type. My friend purposely went in to get the windscreen type but fail.
Only exceptional case then can get windscreen type like some car headlamp too small or got shield.
I know Alphard headlight may not be able to detect. The new Prius headlight so tiny...u need 5 cm away from the metal surface.

ohhh,...i thot we have the option to select....alamak...i dun really like the headlamp type....guess no choice! 

Anyway, thatnk for the info Bro.....hopefully, i get thru this nightmare soon. :grin:

Edited by Spidey10

On 8/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, Spidey10 said:

mine is renewal as well.....hopefully from now on will be buttery smooth as yours....now waiting for them to verify...uploaded my IC again>

so if want them to mail to you will be the headlamp type....I am currently on the windscreen type...I wonder someone want to sabo you and peel off yr VEP from the headlamp...then u are not aware and you drive in, probably will ask to turn back? or pay on the spot...

Renewal = you pressed the renewal button? Or you allowed the tag to expire then apply for a fresh tag?

On 8/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, Spidey10 said:

mine is renewal as well.....hopefully from now on will be buttery smooth as yours....now waiting for them to verify...uploaded my IC again>

so if want them to mail to you will be the headlamp type....I am currently on the windscreen type...I wonder someone want to sabo you and peel off yr VEP from the headlamp...then u are not aware and you drive in, probably will ask to turn back? or pay on the spot...

Renewal = you pressed the renewal button? Or you allowed the tag to expire then apply for a fresh tag?

Supercharged
On 8/29/2024 at 4:00 PM, teomingern said:

renewal leh....received an email asking me to renew within 7 days....else,...

5th Gear
On 8/29/2024 at 12:07 PM, Fellows said:

No reply after submitted the left headlight photo with car plate and status still shown as: Tag issued but not activated.

I had email JPJ VEP on Monday and they replied saying to attach the VEP confirmation slip for them to check again what’s going on and send me the activation link again. 

They also said: once received, kindly click on the hyperlink provided within 7 days for activation purpose before expired. So now is another wait.

Hi, you can email tcsens team direct (not the JPJ VEP) with details of your vrn and name.   I was in the same situation as you, submitted the pic and waited 3 weeks.   After I sent them an email, it was approved and activated within 5 days.

All the best.

• Praise 2

5th Gear
(edited)

If you use static electricity to "stick" the rfid tag and backing to the headlamp and make sure you position the tag over a frosted section of the headlamp (if your car design has that), then you *might* be able to get away with not sticking the tag permanently to your headlamp.  Instead the uploaded picture just looks like it's stuck to the headlamp, and they can't see the adhesive backing since it's partially opaque.

I'm not going to say how I know this, but I've seen it does work.  Of course, I personally would never do such a thing and followed the rules precisely.

If they really want to prevent the above from happening, then the adhesive backing that the rfid sticker comes on should be white and not translucent.  But go figure.

Edited by GTO-1

Turbocharged
On 8/29/2024 at 1:43 PM, Spidey10 said:

ohhh,...i thot we have the option to select....alamak...i dun really like the headlamp type....guess no choice! 

Anyway, thatnk for the info Bro.....hopefully, i get thru this nightmare soon. :grin:

headlamp is better in my opinion. easier to remove and replace also if necessary. Took me one hour to remove the old blue tag from my windscreen. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 8/29/2024 at 5:12 PM, GTO-1 said:

If you use static electricity to "stick" the rfid tag and backing to the headlamp and make sure you position the tag over a frosted section of the headlamp (if your car design has that), then you *might* be able to get away with not sticking the tag permanently to your headlamp.  Instead the uploaded picture just looks like it's stuck to the headlamp, and they can't see the adhesive backing since it's partially opaque.

I'm not going to say how I know this, but I've seen it does work.  Of course, I personally would never do such a thing and followed the rules precisely.

If they really want to prevent the above from happening, then the adhesive backing that the rfid sticker comes on should be white and not translucent.  But go figure.

u can do this and some are doing it, but not sure if they will check at the custom itself or any road block in future. This can be consider as tampering which may or may not be a serious offence. 

5th Gear
On 8/29/2024 at 5:20 PM, Dafansu said:

u can do this and some are doing it, but not sure if they will check at the custom itself or any road block in future. This can be consider as tampering which may or may not be a serious offence. 

Possible.  As I understand it, at the checkpoints, the only deal with immigration related issues.  They don't deal with ministry of transport issues.  It's similar to ICA and LTA, they focus on their respective enforcement.  So they probably don't/won't care.

It's more if you get caught driving around in Malaysia and police may come catch you.  But there still remains alot of window-based rfid tags out there (even the old ones).  I also understand that some new cars get fitted with window-based tags at the centre.   As long as you're displaying the VEP RFID, I don't see why it's an issue.  It's not like the Malaysia Police are going to cross reference your car with the uploaded picture to TCSENS.  They can't even get an office opening right, so I doubt they will have that level of automation.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 8/29/2024 at 5:30 PM, GTO-1 said:

Possible.  As I understand it, at the checkpoints, the only deal with immigration related issues.  They don't deal with ministry of transport issues.  It's similar to ICA and LTA, they focus on their respective enforcement.  So they probably don't/won't care.

It's more if you get caught driving around in Malaysia and police may come catch you.  But there still remains alot of window-based rfid tags out there (even the old ones).  I also understand that some new cars get fitted with window-based tags at the centre.   As long as you're displaying the VEP RFID, I don't see why it's an issue.  It's not like the Malaysia Police are going to cross reference your car with the uploaded picture to TCSENS.  They can't even get an office opening right, so I doubt they will have that level of automation.

VEP by JPJ they will be at the custom especially during the initial launch to follow up with the outstanding summons. The tag is meant to be non-transferable, that's the reason why they want u to show a photo of your number plate with the tag attached. 

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

On 8/29/2024 at 4:29 PM, Spidey10 said:

renewal leh....received an email asking me to renew within 7 days....else,...

Oh... I didn't respond to that email... I also received it but I was busy so left it aside until I had time... maybe that's what screwed up my renewal...

• Shocked 1

(edited)
On 8/29/2024 at 4:42 PM, Micb said:

Hi, you can email tcsens team direct (not the JPJ VEP) with details of your vrn and name.   I was in the same situation as you, submitted the pic and waited 3 weeks.   After I sent them an email, it was approved and activated within 5 days.

All the best.

Okay, I have email TCSENS team already, see what their reply. 

Edited by Fellows

Turbocharged

I am wondering also, what if you got an old car with pop up headlight (like first gen Mazda MX-5)? Means every time you go Malaysia must pop open the headlight ah?

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I have received email from VEP from JPJ Malaysia

1804096602_Screenshot2024-08-30084300.thumb.jpg.c016da88a842471f4cbbe1a9dd689b87.jpg

As per instruction, I have logged in to the website but do not see any button to click on.

1564525924_Screenshot2024-08-30084528.thumb.jpg.22148d12b7df37aaa84a83dbfd5f1ce5.jpg

1346564849_Screenshot2024-08-30085143.thumb.jpg.95caa2bf5813d2dafc2f456e35eae855.jpg

Any kind bros here can help/guide me?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

↡ Advertisement