VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Supercharged
On 8/26/2024 at 9:50 AM, Dafansu said:

new tag

thanks....they will send to us or we need to arrange a time to drive over to fix? The 1st time we drove over and spent like 20 mins waiting for them to stick...i remember it was at gelang patah rest area. 

hopefully they can send over to our address and we can stick it ourselves...let's see what happens.

Thank for the info anyway 

↡ Advertisement

On 8/23/2024 at 8:51 PM, teomingern said:

Mine 7 Jul expired... I renewed a week or two before... still stuck as Renewal Submitted... tomorrow I'll try submitting a new application... maybe they tweaked the system and I can do it just you did...

I tried again... when I upload my log card, the VEP website says the car license plate and chassis number has been uploaded before or something... so can't apply for new VEP tag... that's so idiotic... sigh... let the initial rush taper off first... I'll try to fix this after 1 Oct...

(edited)
On 8/26/2024 at 10:31 AM, Spidey10 said:

thanks....they will send to us or we need to arrange a time to drive over to fix? The 1st time we drove over and spent like 20 mins waiting for them to stick...i remember it was at gelang patah rest area. 

hopefully they can send over to our address and we can stick it ourselves...let's see what happens.

Thank for the info anyway 

You decide lor... it's no longer at Gelang Patah... it's at Danga Bay now... and the queue is pretty horrendous... probably a whole day affair...

If you go in, they'll try to stick it on your windscreen. If you ask them to mail to you, you have to stick it yourself on the left headlamp...

I just did it for my Dad's car... easy but not sure pass or not... still waiting... 1 week already... they're swamped I guess...

Edited by teomingern

Supercharged
On 8/26/2024 at 10:33 AM, teomingern said:

You decide lor... it's no longer at Gelang Patah... it's at Danga Bay now... and the queue is pretty horrendous... probably a whole day affair...

If you go in, they'll try to stick it on your windscreen. If you ask them to mail to you, you have to stick it yourself on the left headlamp...

I just did it for my Dad's car... easy but not sure pass or not... still waiting... 1 week already... they're swamped I guess...

wahh....if they send the blue one and we stick it at the headlamp ....that will block the lights right....i rather stick on the windscreen as my current one...

let's see what happens...haaiii...i see some troublesome work just to get the VEP done...and need to redo every 5 yrs....:pissed-off:

6th Gear

I'm now stuck for 2-days in an email chain trying to get TnG to change my eWallet profile ID as it doesn't match my VEP. The VEP process is now complete my side but cannot link to an eWallet.

TnG cannot amend the ID.

Their suggestion is to cancel my eWallet and re-register, but this requires a MY bank account etc. to first unload the eWallet.

Boleh! Never gets any easier. 😒

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 8/26/2024 at 10:48 AM, bsswan said:

I'm now stuck for 2-days in an email chain trying to get TnG to change my eWallet profile ID as it doesn't match my VEP. The VEP process is now complete my side but cannot link to an eWallet.

TnG cannot amend the ID.

Their suggestion is to cancel my eWallet and re-register, but this requires a MY bank account etc. to first unload the eWallet.

Use e helpline (chat with us) in e tng app, would b done on e spot, just need e pix of ur nric.

Edited by zipping

6th Gear
On 8/26/2024 at 10:58 AM, zipping said:

Use e helpline (chat with us) in e tng app, would b done on e spot, just need e pix of ur nric.

If it were that easy........ I wouldn't be stuck in a 2d email chain.

Turbocharged
On 8/26/2024 at 10:41 AM, Spidey10 said:

wahh....if they send the blue one and we stick it at the headlamp ....that will block the lights right....i rather stick on the windscreen as my current one...

let's see what happens...haaiii...i see some troublesome work just to get the VEP done...and need to redo every 5 yrs....:pissed-off:

blue is only for windscreen, delivery is always the transparent tag for headlamp 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

TnG cannot amend the ID.

ID is your official name? Don't remember Nick is allowed.Thought it will follow NRIC, which should be exactly the same as in passport and no variation is allowed.

Also, I always thought the 2 system don't link via ID/ name but NRIC for locals?

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
On 8/26/2024 at 11:36 AM, Dafansu said:

blue is only for windscreen, delivery is always the transparent tag for headlamp 

thanks.....strange, just updated and now it shows my 1st tag is deregistered and the 2nd one is "in progress"....so i guess have to wait and see what happens...

went to the other link, and it shows application "submitted" and action = "tag application" .....hopefully is as simple as getting them to courier the tag to me....

aiyoo...so confusing and need to log into different site...really strange :pissed-off:

5th Gear

TnG cannot amend the ID.

I managed to get TnG to update my profile ID to my NRIC over the weekend, the response was quite fast after I sent in photos of my NRIC and PP.

I read that the FRID in postage will be only for head lamp sticking! if you want the windscreen, have to go to JB....even then it's outiside the windscreen, not inside wor...

my deactivated one is inside the windscreen and under a lightly tinted film somemore, past 5 years no problem using it,...

u think can I put back the one meant for headlamp at the same location as the deactivated one inside the windscreen? *think*

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 8/26/2024 at 11:56 AM, Bluepica said:

I read that the FRID in postage will be only for head lamp sticking! if you want the windscreen, have to go to JB....even then it's outiside the windscreen, not inside wor...

my deactivated one is inside the windscreen and under a lightly tinted film somemore, past 5 years no problem using it,...

u think can I put back the one meant for headlamp at the same location as the deactivated one inside the windscreen? *think*

mine too is inside the windscreen not outside....

so they send to us is the headlights sticker? 

Supercharged
(edited)

wasting whole morning, and only reach this stage....ahiii...give up...go eat 1st...:pissed-off:

image.png

Edited by Spidey10
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
On 8/25/2024 at 9:30 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Can I check any AD Toyota have issue with the windscreen blue tag ? 🤔

Never never stick...car will jit ba boom one 

Car will lose resale value if stick

Paper value also will be gone 

🤔

Edited by Unfazed
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
On 8/26/2024 at 10:41 AM, Spidey10 said:

The one sent via post is transparent as in my Dad's case... not blue like the windscreen type... so I think can relax about this... so far never hear they send the wrong type of tag lar... anyway the tag is the same... just that for windscreen, they have an additional blue sticker to keep the tag pasted on the windscreen... no difference where the tag is concerned...

I mean it's bo pian... their country their rules... they'll probably transition to something else after this works out... given that our cars only have 10 years validity and the median age of scrapping based on historical data was less than 5 years, I can see why they put the life span as 5 years to prevent this clone car issue... now that we drive our cars longer, it then becomes a pain point cos for each car, we may have to renew the tag up to 3 times maybe even 4 times... oh well...

Edited by teomingern

On 8/26/2024 at 12:16 PM, Spidey10 said:

wasting whole morning, and only reach this stage....ahiii...give up...go eat 1st...:pissed-off:

image.png

You won't have this problem if you download your car's log card from the OneMotoring website... the VEP website is programmed extract all the vehicle fields required from that PDF you create from the OneMotoring website... it's quite easy actually and fills almost everything in the vehicle details page... that said, it's not obvious that there are 2 tabs on that page and doesn't make sense that clicking continue doesn't take you to the next tab from Personal Details to Vehicle Details but lumps to the next section to upload Insurance Details... quite genius actually... oh well...

↡ Advertisement