VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Neutral Newbie
On 8/24/2024 at 2:45 PM, tailtwist said:

@Rk1980 How long have the status been at waiting for verfication at TCSens website? mine took just under 3 weeks

I re-submitted end July if i didn't remember wrongly.. or the third week.
Been monitoring since but still in Pending for Verification Status...

Feel like making a trip down to the Woodlands branch but fear it maybe a wasted trip.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
On 8/24/2024 at 11:17 AM, Wt_know said:

just wait ... resend email ... resend again .... wait .... cycle repeat ... 

Haha the first email I sent, they gave default answer...
I learnt liao...

Supersonic
On 8/25/2024 at 2:43 PM, teomingern said:

What nonsense... make it an adventure...

He is ex Malaysian.  He probably have more tolerance than the average Singaporean.  

• Haha! 1

6th Gear

IMHO.
Can I check any AD Toyota have issue with the windscreen blue tag ? 🤔

On 8/25/2024 at 9:30 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

You opted for postage? Then i suggest you install on the left headlamp as per instruction...if you install on the windscreen (inside)..they will reject it...and you will have to start the VEP process all over again. Not sure if they can accept if it's installed on the outside of the windscreen for the headlamp version, provided your wipers are not in the way

Supercharged
On 8/23/2024 at 8:51 PM, teomingern said:

Mine 7 Jul expired... I renewed a week or two before... still stuck as Renewal Submitted... tomorrow I'll try submitting a new application... maybe they tweaked the system and I can do it just you did...

I just got my email reminder to renew the VEP - and from the email, need to submit the necessary doc again eg IC, COE card and Insurance.....but will they send you a new blue tag for you to stick on the car or  we can use back the old one ?

Submitting later...hopefully no issues...:grin:

• Haha! 1

6th Gear
On 8/26/2024 at 8:58 AM, tailtwist said:

You opted for postage? Then i suggest you install on the left headlamp as per instruction...if you install on the windscreen (inside)..they will reject it...and you will have to start the VEP process all over again. Not sure if they can accept if it's installed on the outside of the windscreen for the headlamp version, provided your wipers are not in the way

IMHO.
I have start the process yet.    My challenge is my headlamp a bit sleek. 
So i thot of getting the blue tag and behind the windscreen... intend to get a those shopee holder.  
The concern is whether the AD window film will cause issue or not. 

Supersonic
On 8/26/2024 at 9:07 AM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
So i thot of getting the blue tag and behind the windscreen... intend to get a those shopee holder.  

Blue tag is only available for installation at TCSens' VEP RFID TAG Collection Centre at Danga Bay.  They paste the tag behind windscreen and test for you. Simi window film compatibility and use simi tag holder are moot.  This has been discussed to death for the longest time. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 8/26/2024 at 9:01 AM, Spidey10 said:

I just got my email reminder to renew the VEP - and from the email, need to submit the necessary doc again eg IC, COE card and Insurance.....but will they send you a new blue tag for you to stick on the car or  we can use back the old one ?

Submitting later...hopefully no issues...:grin:

new tag

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

IMHO.

no holder allowed, either windscreen which they will tag for you or headlamp which u need to tag yourself and show a photo with your number plate. Any other method like paste with transparent tape first then transfer here or there are not allowed. 

• Praise 2

6th Gear
On 8/26/2024 at 9:52 AM, Dafansu said:

no holder allowed, either windscreen which they will tag for you or headlamp which u need to tag yourself and show a photo with your number plate. Any other method like paste with transparent tape first then transfer here or there are not allowed. 

IMHO.
Any idea or hear of cases the window film affect the blue tag ? 

Turbocharged
On 8/26/2024 at 9:59 AM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

that's the reason for the windscreen tag they will do a test on site, if cannot detect they will just do it for you on your headlamp. 

• Haha! 1

On 8/25/2024 at 9:30 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

Huh? It depends on your solar film if any... and if your glass is the UV cut type which may interfere with the RFID reader...

• Praise 1

On 8/26/2024 at 9:59 AM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

Mine cannot cos I have Vkool... only Vkool & Huper Optik cannot cos their film is made from metal vapor deposition... the other brands are dye based, so not a problem...

• Praise 1

IMHO.

It will work... not an issue... just 5 cm from the metal frame of your car can already... and it's transparent so won't affect your headlights...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1