VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

My coe left 3 months. Managed to register vehicle in vep website but havent done the vepams yet. Keep alerting that coe less than 6 mths though. Wonder will go through or not. I read somewhere just edit when renew coe later.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I just receive notification about my expiring VEP a month ago... happy happy go click on "renew"... boom! the VEP SmartTag was automatically deactivated! .... ya ya I didn't read properly before clicking renew.... then, I got an upcoming MY trip some more.... so I renewed lo.... that was 20 days liao.... went in My using my Touch n go card to pay all toll and road charge... come back, the VEP still in processing mode.... they mentioned mail out in 10 days... I think they mistyped the word "days".. maybe millennia *yawn*

By the way, my enhanced TnG card is linked to my eWallet, but only some tol usage are shown, not all, only some got notification on my phone once you tap the card.

The road charge got no notification or history, that's why I asked the immigration  officer have I paid the road charge (in case i forget) cos I check my phone immediately got no record, but he said already paid.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 8/21/2024 at 6:29 AM, Tkseah said:

Finnished?

dsc_1363.jpg

Maybe this shot was taken at 4.45pm.

On 8/20/2024 at 3:19 PM, inlinesix said:

My friend get an agency to sort out.

Other than queuing for collection, minimal time is wasted to sort this out.

Why have to pay for something so simple? But actually hor... Singapore is the exception... before the digitalisation process, everywhere also queue like crazy... even US & Europe... but now with their digitalisation processes, I think they also solve the problem of queuing... but maybe got other problems lar... essentially many of the SEA countries haven't gotten on the digitalisation path yet... so they're still doing things the old way lor...

On 8/21/2024 at 12:30 AM, Columbian78 said:

My coe left 3 months. Managed to register vehicle in vep website but havent done the vepams yet. Keep alerting that coe less than 6 mths though. Wonder will go through or not. I read somewhere just edit when renew coe later.

They know you won't get your VEP in time before your COE expires... haha... once the COE expires, and you renew... it will be one more round of taichi to get it updated...

On 8/21/2024 at 8:52 AM, Bluepica said:

I just receive notification about my expiring VEP a month ago... happy happy go click on "renew"... boom! the VEP SmartTag was automatically deactivated! .... ya ya I didn't read properly before clicking renew.... then, I got an upcoming MY trip some more.... so I renewed lo.... that was 20 days liao.... went in My using my Touch n go card to pay all toll and road charge... come back, the VEP still in processing mode.... they mentioned mail out in 10 days... I think they mistyped the word "days".. maybe millennia *yawn*

By the way, my enhanced TnG card is linked to my eWallet, but only some tol usage are shown, not all, only some got notification on my phone once you tap the card.

The road charge got no notification or history, that's why I asked the immigration  officer have I paid the road charge (in case i forget) cos I check my phone immediately got no record, but he said already paid.

Then you can wait forever lor... cos it seems that 'Renew' doesn't work... bro Dafansu and I have been waiting... basically, I wait until my tag expire, then JPJ says apply new one... but they forget that my renewal application is still live... so can't apply for new one... now you click 'Renew', then welcome to the limbo of waiting forever... I think we have to go down to the office at Danga Bay to sort it out... they basically have to cancel the renewal application so that we can start a fresh one... hopefully can settle everything once I have time to go to the Danga Bay office to queue... anyone tried recently after the opening of the Singapore office? Hopefully don't have to queue 3-4 hours...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 8/21/2024 at 8:59 AM, Kopites said:

Maybe this shot was taken at 4.45pm.

A lot depends on how many staff they have and how many customers they're willing to service... I mean if they only give out 100-200 queue numbers a day then die lor... the CNA article didn't say got how many booths right? The article only say they settled 75 queries on the first day... like that can queue until next year also won't resolve lar...

• Haha! 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:15 AM, teomingern said:

Then you can wait forever lor... cos it seems that 'Renew' doesn't work... bro Dafansu and I have been waiting... basically, I wait until my tag expire, then JPJ says apply new one... but they forget that my renewal application is still live... so can't apply for new one... now you click 'Renew', then welcome to the limbo of waiting forever... I think we have to go down to the office at Danga Bay to sort it out... they basically have to cancel the renewal application so that we can start a fresh one... hopefully can settle everything once I have time to go to the Danga Bay office to queue... anyone tried recently after the opening of the Singapore office? Hopefully don't have to queue 3-4 hours...

Alamak, really ah? Then the payment also gone case?

but I read got ppl received by mail successfully lei... haiz....

• Sad 1

Internal Moderator
On 8/19/2024 at 1:00 PM, Eyke said:

open liao... very smart: don't tell anyone where it is so they won't be too busy 😂

"No public announcement on the exact location of the office in Woodlands was made by TCSens - the vendor appointed by Malaysia's Road Transport Department (JPJ) to handle queries from Singapore drivers - nor by the authorities there."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-vehicle-entry-permit-office-opens-woodlands-drivers-traffic-vep-4553186

then you know where issit? hahaha. If not how they help with all the failed application? 

Supersonic
(edited)
On 8/21/2024 at 9:23 AM, kobayashiGT said:

then you know where issit? hahaha. If not how they help with all the failed application? 

The JB custom of 30/40 booths (operating) can't handle the sheer amount of vehicles passing through each day how can a small office handle the same amount of enquires from motorist. 

Common sense. 😁

Wait for the "pending" u turn. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 8/21/2024 at 9:09 AM, teomingern said:

Why have to pay for something so simple? But actually hor... Singapore is the exception... before the digitalisation process, everywhere also queue like crazy... even US & Europe... but now with their digitalisation processes, I think they also solve the problem of queuing... but maybe got other problems lar... essentially many of the SEA countries haven't gotten on the digitalisation path yet... so they're still doing things the old way lor...

Bro, read carefully.

They were talking about Msia passport from Msia High Comm

Anyone got your VEP already and thinking of bidding/buying a new plate? I'm interested to bid for SNY-series but haiz thinking of this VEP registration nightmare is putting me off. Sua lah save money.

Turbocharged
On 8/21/2024 at 6:29 AM, Tkseah said:

Finnished?

dsc_1363.jpg

i read somewhere they only issue 100 numbers a day

🤣

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:23 AM, kobayashiGT said:

Cos wayang only mah... that's why hush hush... they got quota... after that no more queue number... cos they're paid to deal with x customers a day only...

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:56 AM, inlinesix said:

Bro, read carefully.

They were talking about Msia passport from Msia High Comm

Yes yes... I know... it shouldn't have to reduce to paying to get something like a passport done... that's basic human rights, no? The right to travel... almost like holding you hostage like that... that's my experience in another country... very annoying...

On 8/21/2024 at 10:12 AM, Shibadog said:

i read somewhere they only issue 100 numbers a day

🤣

That's just crazy... considering that this is a temporary issue... they should just have more booths... but rental is super expensive lar... plus operating in Singapore is more than 3x operating the same thing in Malaysia, so the budget is likely very limited... having a presence in Singapore is already a signal of intent on the minister's part I guess... otherwise how to justify running your government regulatory work on foreign soil?

Hypersonic
On 8/21/2024 at 10:27 AM, teomingern said:

Yes yes... I know... it shouldn't have to reduce to paying to get something like a passport done... that's basic human rights, no? The right to travel... almost like holding you hostage like that... that's my experience in another country... very annoying...

During COVID, High Comm is overwhelmed.

It is better to pay someone to sort it out.

For VEP, i will pay someone to sort out for me if i want to get it done.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1