VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

On 8/20/2024 at 8:54 AM, Dankoo said:

I agree...solve the back end app issue....80% of their problem solve...however having these centers are high profile and help to show that they are doing something lor...

look at both JPJ VEP and VEPAMS website the user interface and why need 2 website, actually can combine all into JPJ VEP will do. Button don’t work, alignment issue etc. 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
On 8/19/2024 at 9:17 PM, Dafansu said:

yup, those who went down i feel is just wasting their time, it's just an enquiry counter and I don't think they will apply for you or even check the source of the issue for you since most likely they may not have access to the system. 

These are just a bunch of headless-severe-abiding compliance-brainless clowns. Who don't even learnt to be smarter even after going thru the 1st round. 

They want us to do, right? Just log into, do the necessary till whatever steps, and if stuck there, just let it be lah. So long we reached the acknowledgement stage at least will do. Print that whatever piece of paperwork out lor. Say you want me to do I do already but now it's waiting for your side only. 

If polis want to ah ji ah zhor, then just ask how much to settle. Settle liao then following weeks mai go in liao lor, also not too late, right? Or people here so desperate until want to go in yet scared every week must give kopi money to settle due to their VEP process not complete? Scared they have to budget kopi money every week is it? 

If so, if really kena one round of kopi money, then following weeks don't go in lah. What's the big deal? Inside got many small 3s open leg waiting ah?

🤭

Edited by Unfazed
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
On 8/20/2024 at 7:03 AM, Kopites said:

Look at how their embassy handled those passport renewal during covid era you would know of their efficiency. 

Back then on my way to work drove by the embassy saw thosesnaking quaue. Really an eyes opening. Boleh. 

That's the queue to go into the building. Once inside, queue for number again!

• Haha! 2

On 8/20/2024 at 10:02 AM, Fellows said:

look at both JPJ VEP and VEPAMS website the user interface and why need 2 website, actually can combine all into JPJ VEP will do. Button don’t work, alignment issue etc. 

Cos the VEPAMS website is run by a private company TCSENS while the VEPJPJ website is run by the government Roadworks department JPJ... that's why they're separate... which of course doesn't make sense why a government department outsources regulatory work to a private contractor... 

Supercharged
On 8/20/2024 at 10:55 AM, teomingern said:

Cos the VEPAMS website is run by a private company TCSENS while the VEPJPJ website is run by the government Roadworks department JPJ... that's why they're separate... which of course doesn't make sense why a government department outsources regulatory work to a private contractor... 

Very Malaysian business model

• Haha! 3

On 8/20/2024 at 10:51 AM, Kklim said:

That's the queue to go into the building. Once inside, queue for number again!

Isn't it same same like at the Danga Bay office? Everyone rushing for the 1 Oct deadline... also everyone is facing many similar issues which takes quite a while to fix... if the fixes were easy, the queues won't build up... it's cos the staff at each counter has to track back many months of fruitless communication attempts and years of past application attempts that it takes so long for each individual that the queues become so long... 

They really should have a kill switch for everyone who's stuck...  just delete the application that is stuck and restart from the beginning... very easy and very fast... most are stuck due to past applications or hung applications due to changing methods of handling the different situations... now that they seemed to have settled on some approach that seems to work - since first time applications seem the most successful - they should just scour the database and reset all applications that are jammed up and creating the backlog...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The VEPAMS website is new, last time don't have, they do that so that they can allow mail delivery and self tagging, if not will need to head in to tag like last time when they first started. The reason likely due to some sensitive data which they may not want the 3rd party to have 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Alamak liddat we also have Health Hub vs Health Buddy ........ me still kofused oso many times , still 

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
On 8/20/2024 at 10:55 AM, teomingern said:

What u mean it doesn't make sense? It makes perfect sense in bolehland 

More private kontraktors, more kopi lui exchanged 

If the IT system doesn't work, no problemo. Juz appoint another kontraktor lor and the gravy train rolls on. Choo choo

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 8/20/2024 at 7:03 AM, Kopites said:

Look at how their embassy handled those passport renewal during covid era you would know of their efficiency. 

Back then on my way to work drove by the embassy saw thosesnaking quaue. Really an eyes opening. Boleh. 

Yes, my wife had to renew her passport during that time.

Wah lan eh…really CMI.

She went at 5am and there was already a long queue. Some started queuing at midnight and brought sleeping bags.

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
(edited)
On 8/20/2024 at 3:00 PM, Fcw75 said:

Wah lan eh…really CMI.

She went at 5am and there was already a long queue. Some started queuing at midnight and brought sleeping bags.

the most difficulty in applying for an SG passport previously was to ensure the passport photo met requirements.

The latest online process is even better. Do everything from the phone, take photo liao auto adjust and you just need to confirm. was longer to wait for me kids to comb their hair and get ready than to complete the process. ICA has done very well in this part. you really wonder why some govt departments do well and some are so F up like LTA.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 8/20/2024 at 3:00 PM, Fcw75 said:

Wah lan eh…really CMI.

My friend get an agency to sort out.

Other than queuing for collection, minimal time is wasted to sort this out.

Hypersonic
On 8/20/2024 at 3:16 PM, Mkl22 said:

the most difficulty in applying for an SG passport previously was to ensure the passport photo met requirements.

The latest online process is even better. Do everything from the phone, take photo liao auto adjust and you just need to confirm. was longer to wait for me kids to comb their hair and get ready than to complete the process. ICA has done very well in this part. you really wonder why some govt departments do well and some are so F up like LTA.

Yes indeed. Renewal of SG passport very easy nowadays. 

Hassle free.

Now even go out of the gate at airport no need passport.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 8/19/2024 at 4:42 PM, Fellows said:

Singapore drivers rush to Malaysia’s VEP information counter in Woodlands industrial park to seek help

At about 2.20pm, staff members told drivers that they were no longer issuing queue numbers for the day and told them to leave their contact details behind. 🙄

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-vehicle-entry-permit-office-opens-woodlands-drivers-traffic-vep-4553186

This is not how you handle and implement a project like VEP, never follow how things are done in Malaysia if not your project will forever be a loop and no end result while other countries already move on. A case study for failed project management.

I don’t see any issue for Malaysia vehicles applying VEP for Singapore and no need any tag to pass in their car, ERP fee are automatically deducted from the driver's Autopass card when they exit Singapore. Seamless experience.

This is a little unusual for SG drivers. We usually wait until last minute when it comes to doing car stuff. E.g. Send car for inspection, for servicing, for IU change, pay fines,..  etc. Why these people so kan cheong leh??  😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

I register my previous car and was supposed to collect in 2021.... 

But the registered car was scrapped and changed another car....

Haven't register for current car yet.

• Haha! 2

(edited)
On 8/20/2024 at 3:16 PM, Mkl22 said:

you really wonder why some govt departments do well and some are so F up like LTA.

Deep shitted seated culture. They can even get a road hump right, FW workers suka suka decide the height and the profile often trying to destroy your suspension instead of only slowing your down. 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2