VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Hypersonic
On 8/1/2024 at 8:55 AM, teomingern said:

I also do that but on Sat... early = 5.30 am... wah ha ha... go find a 24-hour Mac's to wait out the time lor...

I leave home about 6:30am.  Reached Tuas about 7am.

By 8am, i am having breakfast.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 8/1/2024 at 8:10 AM, Lala81 said:

a man with adaptive cruise control in the car!

I drove Ford Ranger Wildtrak with adaptive cruise control set at 140km/h.

The car in front road hogged and ford followed that hogger speed.

I had to step on the throttle than the hogger will move away.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

@Lucio 

I did. And they have linked. But i still getting the same message.

Did i missed out any steps?

1st Gear
(edited)

@KELVINnk Did you happen to have an old TnG account registered previously using old passport  but was not deactivated? 

Edited by Lucio

On 8/1/2024 at 10:21 AM, inlinesix said:

I leave home about 6:30am.  Reached Tuas about 7am.

By 8am, i am having breakfast.

Sunday yes possible... Saturday impossible... by 7 am must queue already... I have queueing... I don't even want to queue for 15 min... ha ha... at 5.30 am, it's drive straight to the counter at Tuas for Singapore side... by the time I reach Malaysia side, got a slight queue... still tolerable...

• Haha! 1

5th Gear
On 8/1/2024 at 8:50 AM, Si4dr said:

This one confirm more than 5cm each side. Or you more prefer LTA ERP 2.0 3pcs meal?😂

I already eaten the ERP 2.0 3pcs meal from LTA, so this RFID on my left headlamp is chicken feet. 🤣

• Haha! 5

6th Gear
On 8/1/2024 at 4:45 PM, Philipkee said:

No Head No tail on the woodland location and what is it for...

Quote//

And of the close to 60,000 applications, Mr Loke said that some 40 per cent of them – or 24,104 applications – were incomplete.

He stressed that the documents needed for the VEP application process include one’s vehicle insurance certificate, a copy of the identification card as well as the certificate of entitlement (COE).

“These three documents are needed (for the application process). We found that 40 per cent of the applications were incomplete and were unable to be processed further,” said Mr Loke, adding that he anticipates a further 50,000 VEP applications in the coming two months ahead of the Oct 1 enforcement deadline.

//unquote

If they can't even handle 100k data, how about those data coming from Thailand then?

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Twincharged
On 8/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, L23 said:

Quote//

And of the close to 60,000 applications, Mr Loke said that some 40 per cent of them – or 24,104 applications – were incomplete.

He stressed that the documents needed for the VEP application process include one’s vehicle insurance certificate, a copy of the identification card as well as the certificate of entitlement (COE).

“These three documents are needed (for the application process). We found that 40 per cent of the applications were incomplete and were unable to be processed further,” said Mr Loke, adding that he anticipates a further 50,000 VEP applications in the coming two months ahead of the Oct 1 enforcement deadline.

//unquote

If they can't even handle 100k data, how about those data coming from Thailand then?

Maybe will u turn?

Supersonic

Quote//

//unquote

Waiting for the database to be hacked.... I will just stop driving in.

Hypersonic
On 8/1/2024 at 4:03 PM, L23 said:

Quote//

//unquote

Car from Thailand will be substantially lesser.  Things in Thailand cheaper than Msia.

Only MY petrol and diesel is cheaper especially with a weaker currency.

Hypersonic
On 8/1/2024 at 4:29 PM, Volvobrick said:

Waiting for the database to be hacked.... I will just stop driving in.

Ya. Better don't go

3rd Gear
(edited)

Quote//

//unquote

Talk is cheap, I also haven’t paste the RFID Tag but I read it say must activate within 7 days on CNA news today, since when got such terms and condition as the mail postage also never state as I plan to paste only in end of Aug in case they flip prate again. They don’t even have a FAQ page to show all the common questions so all flood them with email. 

Anyway JPJ website is down and under maintenance as of 6.40pm.

Quote: “Separately, the transport minister also said that drivers who had received the VEP tag via post needed to activate them within seven days.

“So now, if they don’t activate the tag within seven days, it means that (the tag) has expired and there’s a (need) to reactivate it,” said Mr Loke.

From Aug 2, he said that drivers can reactivate the VEP tag via the same portal in which they had applied for the tag’s registration.”

Edited by Fellows

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/30/2024 at 8:39 AM, teomingern said:

Ha ha... actually can PHEV cars enter Malaysia? I have never seen one... although I don't go in frequently lar... I mean the drivers can scream their heads off about not having VEP registered but the reality is that their service location is Singapore, and not Malaysia... entering Malaysia is their own private affair... driving a company car in isn't part of the deal... so they just suck it up lor... anyway for them time is money, I wonder if such a diversion really pays off...

I mean for Malaysia, it's really one side benefit to prevent leakage of petrol subsidies... if PHEV drivers do really drive in enmasse for the fuel top ups... it will be really significant but so far it's never been raised by Malaysia... but then again I don't know better lar...

Here’s one example. 😆

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/a9hpdnYtWP7py98S/?mibextid=qDwCgo

Lumens rent cars to PHV drivers. And the uncle fit the profile like a T.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 2

Have been following as I do drive in from time to time. I'll adopt same approach as erp 2.0.

Wait and see.😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 8/2/2024 at 10:10 AM, TangoCharlie said:

Have been following as I do drive in from time to time. I'll adopt same approach as erp 2.0.

Wait and see.😅

ERP 2.0 where got wait and see... you tio the letter to upgrade, then you have a deadline lor... want to wait and see also cannot lar... now just haven't roll out to all yet... by Nov we'll all be getting letters to get it done lor...

On 8/2/2024 at 12:01 PM, teomingern said:

ERP 2.0 where got wait and see... you tio the letter to upgrade, then you have a deadline lor... want to wait and see also cannot lar... now just haven't roll out to all yet... by Nov we'll all be getting letters to get it done lor...

Can ignore letter...😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1