VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

3rd Gear
On 7/3/2024 at 4:20 PM, Raychay said:

I first applied before covid but didn't complete the process.

Last week I login & was surprised the info was still there but need to update a bit here & there and apply Touch 'n Go eWallet then submit.

Today I checked it's verified & can make payment to collect or post. Not bad quite fast!

1. Processing Fee RM10.00

2. Service Fee RM29.50

3. Postage Fee RM14.42

Total(Exclude SST) RM53.92

SST 8% RM2.36

Rounding Adjustment(RM0.00)

Grand Total(Include SST)56.28

See when is mail out then. Mine today just shipped 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3rd Gear
(edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 7:37 AM, Fellows said:

My application process:

10 May 2024: create account and apply via JPJ VEP and input all required details and upload of LTA Vehicle Log card and Insurance Policy as well as add in drivers detail that will drive this vehicle into Malaysia under the drop down list.

Login into the other website which is VEPAMS and hit issue with TnG account linkage due to NRIC vs Passport Number. I never follow up and ignore it.

No idea why they need to have JPJ VEP and VEPAMS website just for VEP, can't they combine two website into one? TnG creation for foreigners need passport number while VEP need NRIC to link, don't they two communicate before implementing? Additional step is needed if you have this issue. 😡

3 June 2024: Chat via TnG app to seek assistance to add in NRIC as mine was registered with Passport Number many years back. Took around 30min to get hold of a live agent to add in NRIC to my TnG account. Photo of Passport Biodata page and NRIC need to sent over for verification.

Unable to view NRIC under account setting in TnG app as was backend updated to allow for VEP use only. Go back to the status VEPAMS portal and link with my TnG account and was instantly submitted. Pending verification.

19 June 2024: received email stating that my VEP. "Thank you for completing your Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) online registration.

We have verified your registration against your uploaded documents and your application is APPROVED for the following vehicle."

23 June 2024: made payment at VEPAMS website and selected delivery option and paid RM56.28. Received receipt via email.

2 Jul 2024: till date the VEPAMS website status is still shown as: Pending For Tag Processing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Follow up update: 

3 Jul 2024: 

YOUR TAG HAS BEEN SHIPPED!

Dear XXX, 

This is an automated email to notify you that your VEP RFID Tag has been shipped. Please refer to the shipping information below:

Vehicle Reg. No: SNXXXXXX 
Consignment No: 9603XXXXXXXXXX 
You can start tracking your VEP RFID tag at https://vepams.jpj.gov.my

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 1

4th Gear

for those who went to VEP site to pay and get the sticky, can you share with us the experience? Long queue? do you recommend that, or by post is bettter? i am thinking to go on weekday, do grocery shopping as well. thank you.

Turbocharged
On 7/4/2024 at 4:12 PM, Fibo said:

for those who went to VEP site to pay and get the sticky, can you share with us the experience? Long queue? do you recommend that, or by post is bettter? i am thinking to go on weekday, do grocery shopping as well. thank you.

1.5hrs today from someone post i read online. Go down is the old blue tag pasted inside windscreen

• Praise 1

3rd Gear
(edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 4:24 PM, Dafansu said:

1.5hrs today from someone post i read online. Go down is the old blue tag pasted inside windscreen

Previously my old family car also went down to stick the VEP back in 2019, got the transparent RFID Tag to stick left headlight, they did tried to stick on the interior windscreen but cannot get a reading. 

Edited by Fellows

1st Gear

Hi Guru, 

i have this problem. i had tried to renew the VEP as is going to expire this month.

but after submitting the documents, i am stuck here.

any kind soul can advise?

Screenshot 2024-07-04 203942.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-04 203916.jpg

On 7/4/2024 at 8:41 PM, Roverboy said:

Hi Guru, 

i have this problem. i had tried to renew the VEP as is going to expire this month.

I also got the same exact problem... wrote to them but no reply... seems like renewals got this issue...

Turbocharged
On 7/4/2024 at 8:41 PM, Roverboy said:

Hi Guru, 

standard for all renewals, just wait. 

4th Gear
(edited)

One thing I want to remind everyone is that when you paste, pls pls be extra careful. I did not read carefully on the instruction. Once you attempt to stick, do not remove it as the metal plate on the sticker will be damaged. I pasted it abit slanted and thought to quickly remove and repaste. Its meant to be tampered proof. Now I have to reapply and pay for it again

Its damn fragile

Edited by Extremme
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 7/3/2024 at 2:55 PM, Wt_know said:

how many gantries need to build? 

who is the champion? :grin:

no OBU no talk liao !!!

2024-07-03_145404.jpg

If like that all ERP, give up driving , ride bicycle liao. Muahahaha🤣

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 9:55 AM, Extremme said:

One thing I want to remind everyone is that when you paste, pls pls be extra careful. I did not read carefully on the instruction. Once you attempt to stick, do not remove it as the metal plate on the sticker will be damaged. I pasted it abit slanted and thought to quickly remove and repaste. Its meant to be tampered proof. Now I have to reapply and pay for it again

Its damn fragile

another S$16 gone. try to clean lightly with alcohol swipe so that it stick well. 

Edited by Dafansu
  • Sad 2

Twincharged

I would rather go Malaysia and settle this.  It might be a long wait but better than doing it twice.  Plus later stick properly but rejected also

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 7/5/2024 at 3:45 PM, Philipkee said:

I would rather go Malaysia and settle this.  It might be a long wait but better than doing it twice.  Plus later stick properly but rejected also

do at their office will be the ugly blue sticker

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4th Gear
On 7/5/2024 at 3:45 PM, Philipkee said:

Troublesome. Have to take leave and worried abt Jam just to fix that haha

• Sad 1

Turbocharged
On 7/5/2024 at 4:24 PM, Extremme said:

Troublesome. Have to take leave and worried abt Jam just to fix that haha

in/out min half a day gone. Q at the place itself easily already 1 to 2hrs++

• Shocked 1

Twincharged
On 7/5/2024 at 4:10 PM, Dafansu said:

do at their office will be the ugly blue sticker

Ok la.  It’s just a sticker 

6th Gear

Really can renew when expiring within 60days now.

But instead of confirming and straightaway renewing by payment, it's basically a deregistering + update new application. So don't be itchy finger like me, click in to see...once clicked on renew, point of no return.

Screenshot_20240705_204659.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1