VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Supersonic
On 7/1/2024 at 5:07 PM, Extremme said:

@Dafansu Damn..then I better "Kuai kaui" stick outside at the left signal lamp

I opted for delivery so I think it will be the transparent one

Find a broken piece of headlight and stick on it. If ever caught and asked, tell the mata accident headlights replaced. You had to salvage the tag temporarily. 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

@shuigao ok thanks bro. i am writing to them too, they asked for confirmation slip and i've sent them today. will keep you updated if there is any progress.

On 7/1/2024 at 4:54 PM, Dafansu said:

not allowed, but some play cheat by using temporary tape at the headlamp then put at windscreen. At own risk, not sure if they will check, though unlikely. 

I did that twice and they rejected it.  Eventually I stick on the left headlight, submit and Approved liao (within 2 days). Like most ppl, prefer to fit on the windscreen, according some, if you register on site, you can choose, but postage delivery only can stick on the headlight.  Some youtube videos even said it has to stick outside the windscreen, if you stick inside, cannot get detected by the reader.

Supersonic

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-vehicle-entry-permit-vep-singapore-motorists-vehicles-4448206

Malaysia refines VEP application process amid spike in registrations ahead of Oct 1 deadline

Most complaints involve second-hand vehicles, says Transport Minister Anthony Loke. Those getting a VEP for a second-hand vehicle may now apply to deregister a pre-existing VEP online instead of going to a physical counter.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 7/1/2024 at 5:39 PM, Wheelslover said:

I did that twice and they rejected it.  Eventually I stick on the left headlight, submit and Approved liao (within 2 days). Like most ppl, prefer to fit on the windscreen, according some, if you register on site, you can choose, but postage delivery only can stick on the headlight.  Some youtube videos even said it has to stick outside the windscreen, if you stick inside, cannot get detected by the reader.

u stick with what, maybe too obvious that they spotted it? think there's some slip they can see also to see if you really stick?

On 7/1/2024 at 4:24 PM, Extremme said:

@Kklee I got that too because I dont want to stick it on the exterior. Someone itchy finger can peel it off then we are stuck in Malaysia. Interior seems safer but not sure if they allow

Mine 5 years already... no one peel lar... I think people got better things to do than to peel off your VEP tag lor... so no worries lar...

• Haha! 3

6th Gear
On 7/1/2024 at 4:53 PM, Dafansu said:

Head lamp (transparent tag) is standard, they need to see your vehicle number plate. Inside windscreen only if u self collect and they will stick for you (blue tag, same as first batch)

IMHO.
So transparent one need to stick on head lamp, and take pic with license plate?
Err... the above in bold means wat ?   

Turbocharged
On 7/1/2024 at 9:54 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
So transparent one need to stick on head lamp, and take pic with license plate?
Err... the above in bold means wat ?   

if u go down collection point will be a blue tag, pasted inside windscreen.

• Praise 1

6th Gear
On 7/1/2024 at 9:56 PM, Dafansu said:

IMHO.
I think I go collect point. 🤔

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 7/1/2024 at 10:09 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
I think I go collect point. 🤔

you will be facing long Q, prepare to wait and the blue tag is ugly. 

Edited by Dafansu

6th Gear
On 7/1/2024 at 10:12 PM, Dafansu said:

you will be facing long Q, prepare to wait and the blue tag is ugly. 

IMHO.
You have a point.   Weekday will be long Q ? 

Turbocharged
On 7/1/2024 at 10:14 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
You have a point.   Weekday will be long Q ? 

everyone rushing to do within 3 mths, don't see how could be short Q with only an office. Can try la if u want. 

• Praise 1

3rd Gear
(edited)
On 7/1/2024 at 9:56 PM, Dafansu said:

So apparently there are 2 variant of the VEP RFID Tag? The website or news also never stated that or even let us have the option to choose.

- transparent vep rfid tag

- blue vep rfid tag

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 1

3rd Gear
(edited)

My application process:

10 May 2024: create account and apply via JPJ VEP and input all required details and upload of LTA Vehicle Log card and Insurance Policy as well as add in drivers detail that will drive this vehicle into Malaysia under the drop down list.

Login into the other website which is VEPAMS and hit issue with TnG account linkage due to NRIC vs Passport Number. I never follow up and ignore it.

No idea why they need to have JPJ VEP and VEPAMS website just for VEP, can't they combine two website into one? TnG creation for foreigners need passport number while VEP need NRIC to link, don't they two communicate before implementing? Additional step is needed if you have this issue. 😡

3 June 2024: Chat via TnG app to seek assistance to add in NRIC as mine was registered with Passport Number many years back. Took around 30min to get hold of a live agent to add in NRIC to my TnG account. Photo of Passport Biodata page and NRIC need to sent over for verification.

Unable to view NRIC under account setting in TnG app as was backend updated to allow for VEP use only. Go back to the status VEPAMS portal and link with my TnG account and was instantly submitted. Pending verification.

19 June 2024: received email stating that my VEP. "Thank you for completing your Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) online registration.

We have verified your registration against your uploaded documents and your application is APPROVED for the following vehicle."

23 June 2024: made payment at VEPAMS website and selected delivery option and paid RM56.28. Received receipt via email.

2 Jul 2024: till date the VEPAMS website status is still shown as: Pending For Tag Processing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

In a haste to register for VEP, please be careful of scam websites.

• Praise 7

6th Gear
On 7/2/2024 at 7:37 AM, Fellows said:

My application process:

10 May 2024: create account and apply via JPJ VEP and input all required details and upload of LTA Vehicle Log card and Insurance Policy as well as add in drivers detail that will drive this vehicle into Malaysia under the drop down list.

Login into the other website which is VEPAMS and hit issue with TnG account linkage due to NRIC vs Passport Number. I never follow up and ignore it.

No idea why they need to have JPJ VEP and VEPAMS website just for VEP, can't they combine two website into one? TnG creation for foreigners need passport number while VEP need NRIC to link, don't they two communicate before implementing? Additional step is needed if you have this issue. 😡

3 June 2024: Chat via TnG app to seek assistance to add in NRIC as mine was registered with Passport Number many years back. Took around 30min to get hold of a live agent to add in NRIC to my TnG account. Photo of Passport Biodata page and NRIC need to sent over for verification.

Unable to view NRIC under account setting in TnG app as was backend updated to allow for VEP use only. Go back to the status VEPAMS portal and link with my TnG account and was instantly submitted. Pending verification.

19 June 2024: received email stating that my VEP. "Thank you for completing your Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) online registration.

We have verified your registration against your uploaded documents and your application is APPROVED for the following vehicle."

23 June 2024: made payment at VEPAMS website and selected delivery option and paid RM56.28. Received receipt via email.

2 Jul 2024: till date the VEPAMS website status is still shown as: Pending For Tag Processing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did you received the mailed tag - stick to left headlamp - take photo of tag with vehicle number together & submit for verification?

6th Gear
On 7/2/2024 at 8:34 AM, Si4dr said:

Did you received the mailed tag - stick to left headlamp - take photo of tag with vehicle number together & submit for verification?

Yap. That is correct. 

↡ Advertisement