VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

On 6/30/2024 at 12:00 AM, Voodooman said:

Yes, politics is about compromises and if Johor economy is severely affected, I am sure they will provide further indulgence of 3-6 months, especially if it is due to backend issues at their end.  

But if by 1 Oct 24, majority of SG car drivers refusing to sign up, I won’t be surprised more “sticks” (than carrots) will be used.

Many people talked like Malaysia is a failed state (yet they love it deep deep), it is not. A failed state won’t have digital payment systems that can be used to pay RC and road tolls.  So those hoping for a permanent u-turn is likely going to be disappointed. It is just a matter of time, like our ERP 2.0.  😂 

Refuse to sign up then they can't go in lor... what they need is some time to sort out the issuing of the tags... which also means full implementation will be delayed yet again...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
On 6/30/2024 at 12:00 AM, Voodooman said:

Yes, politics is about compromises and if Johor economy is severely affected, I am sure they will provide further indulgence of 3-6 months, especially if it is due to backend issues at their end.  

But if by 1 Oct 24, majority of SG car drivers refusing to sign up, I won’t be surprised more “sticks” (than carrots) will be used.

Many people talked like Malaysia is a failed state (yet they love it deep deep), it is not. A failed state won’t have digital payment systems that can be used to pay RC and road tolls.  So those hoping for a permanent u-turn is likely going to be disappointed. It is just a matter of time, like our ERP 2.0.  😂 

Actually I don’t think anyone thinks of Malaysia as a failed state.  Just that it’s a place where everything “boleh”

• Haha! 3

Question about Oct 2024 dateline that Msia Transport Minister set.
Is it just about the VEP or we have to get VFID Tag ready too?

Turbocharged
On 7/1/2024 at 12:53 PM, hangloose21 said:

Question about Oct 2024 dateline that Msia Transport Minister set.
Is it just about the VEP or we have to get VFID Tag ready too?

depends if they activate the gantry, if activate which rightfully should be the way means must have Tag.

Hypersonic

I’m still shocked that with all these usual hiccups, sinkies still wanna invest and buy properties in M’sia.. Really admire their balls of steel😅

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/1/2024 at 2:02 PM, Freeder said:

I’m still shocked that with all these usual hiccups, sinkies still wanna invest and buy properties in M’sia.. Really admire their balls of steel😅

Yalor

Don't buy

Don't buy

😜

5th Gear
(edited)
On 6/9/2024 at 7:20 AM, teomingern said:

Got to write in to them... then send in scans of your passport and NRIC for verification and then it will be effected... I think like that... unless they allow the change now within the app... the last time for my Dad we did it this way...

I have the same problem. Downloaded the TnG Wallet when I got my NFC TnG Card before the VEP news and I stupidly used Passport to verify my TnG eWallet. Now after I applied the VEP and email confirmation from them says for Singaporean, need NRIC, I wrote in to [email protected] and sought assistance to change my passport to NRIC in TnG eWallet. Now is waiting game right? Or I should contact TnG? 

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

4th Gear
(edited)

I registered Tng ewallet using passport years back.  I called them up to validate about Singapore NRIC and passport issue and also I need to update to my latest passport number as I renewed. The CSO told me the mapping for NRIC will be done at the backend and we only see passport number on our end via the TnG Ewallet app

I also applied my VEP and I already gotten the tag yesterday. 

On 7/1/2024 at 2:54 PM, Wormee said:

I have the same problem. Downloaded the TnG Wallet when I got my NFC TnG Card before the VEP news and I stupidly used Passport to verify my TnG eWallet. Now after I applied the VEP and email confirmation from them says for Singaporean, need NRIC, I wrote in to seek assistance to change my passport to NRIC in TnG eWallet. Now is waiting game right? 

Edited by Extremme
  • Praise 1

4th Gear

Also  where do you all stick the VEP tag? The video by JPJ said at the left signal but on the CNA it says either left signal (exterior) or near the passenger windscreen. Will they reject cause I think we need to take photo and upload the placement photo

Placement: Peel the RFID tag from its edges and paste it horizontally on the left headlamp situated on the passenger side of the vehicle. Don’t remove the tag once you’ve placed it, or it could break.

You can also place it on your windscreen, but make sure that it is not obstructed by the wiper blades.

6th Gear
On 7/1/2024 at 3:20 PM, Extremme said:

Also  where do you all stick the VEP tag? The video by JPJ said at the left signal but on the CNA it says either left signal (exterior) or near the passenger windscreen. Will they reject cause I think we need to take photo and upload the placement photo

Placement: Peel the RFID tag from its edges and paste it horizontally on the left headlamp situated on the passenger side of the vehicle. Don’t remove the tag once you’ve placed it, or it could break.

You can also place it on your windscreen, but make sure that it is not obstructed by the wiper blades.

IMHO.
I saw online selling those holder.  Doable ?

4th Gear

@Kklee I got that too because I dont want to stick it on the exterior. Someone itchy finger can peel it off then we are stuck in Malaysia. Interior seems safer but not sure if they allow

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 7/1/2024 at 9:10 AM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

By right, cannot. It is supposed to be non transferable.  Need to show photo evidence. 

• Praise 1

6th Gear
On 7/1/2024 at 4:24 PM, Extremme said:

@Kklee I got that too because I dont want to stick it on the exterior. Someone itchy finger can peel it off then we are stuck in Malaysia. Interior seems safer but not sure if they allow

On 7/1/2024 at 4:34 PM, Voodooman said:

By right, cannot. It is supposed to be non transferable.  Need to show photo evidence. 

IMHO.
Hmm.... maybe I can find a way to "transplant" from exterior to interior. 🤣
Let me go observe at my MSCP see how many paste exterior. 

Turbocharged
On 7/1/2024 at 3:20 PM, Extremme said:

Head lamp (transparent tag) is standard, they need to see your vehicle number plate. Inside windscreen only if u self collect and they will stick for you (blue tag, same as first batch)

Turbocharged
On 7/1/2024 at 4:10 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

not allowed, but some play cheat by using temporary tape at the headlamp then put at windscreen. At own risk, not sure if they will check, though unlikely. 

• Praise 1

4th Gear
(edited)

@Dafansu Damn..then I better "Kuai kaui" stick outside at the left signal lamp

I opted for delivery so I think it will be the transparent one

Edited by Extremme

2nd Gear
On 6/28/2024 at 2:19 PM, Ray_IU said:

@shuigao  I also encounter this, just wondering if you already have solution to it? would appreciate if you could share with me what you did to log in. thanks!

Nope, no solution. Every 2 weeks send follow-up email to aduanvep and still waiting until now.

Supersonic
On 7/1/2024 at 4:34 PM, Voodooman said:

Can photoshop? 😆

↡ Advertisement