VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Neutral Newbie
On 6/27/2024 at 2:52 PM, teomingern said:

Oh I managed to enter the website... apparently you can only use the link given in the confirmation email... you can't just type in the website address and try to log in... that's so weird... maybe it's some security feature...

But when I logged in, it just shows that my tag's renewal has been submitted... but there's nothing under the Action button. We're supposed to upload the COE document + NRIC copy + insurance cover note... so that's really weird... will give it a couple of days and see if it works out... maybe their system slower than the automated email server...

Same status!!! I am waiting for a month! No update!!! 😓 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2024 at 10:17 AM, chk74 said:

Same status!!! I am waiting for a month! No update!!! 😓 

Oh no... that's my concern also... did you write in to them? I'll write in to them if the page is still blank...

Supersonic
On 6/28/2024 at 10:40 AM, teomingern said:

I just wrote to them... see how... I think they're just swamped... and they don't practice reply within 3-5 working days concept lar... hahaha...

I emailed them on behalf of my dad on 22/6 and received a template reply on 27/6.  They asked me for the VEP Confirmation Slip which was already attached in my original email.  Sent to them again and told them to get a real person to read and reply to me on next turn of email.  😂

I think they have an SLA and under considerable pressure from Ah Loke Gor, so anyhow anyhow reply to buy time.

• Haha! 3

Neutral Newbie

@shuigao  I also encounter this, just wondering if you already have solution to it? would appreciate if you could share with me what you did to log in. thanks!

It is messy. Finally I seen the "Renew" button on the website. However, I have also gotten their reply stating to submit copy of ID and car registration info for them to proceed deactivation of the existing expiring VEP tag before renewing. The website "Deactivation" button doesn't work. It is like why not upon renewal, auto deactivate the existing one and then request to submit updated documents for renewal process? Anyway, let's see how it goes.

(edited)
On 6/28/2024 at 12:42 PM, Voodooman said:

I emailed them on behalf of my dad on 22/6 and received a template reply on 27/6.  They asked me for the VEP Confirmation Slip which was already attached in my original email.  Sent to them again and told them to get a real person to read and reply to me on next turn of email.  😂

I think they have an SLA and under considerable pressure from Ah Loke Gor, so anyhow anyhow reply to buy time.

Sorry... it's their style... when my Dad had to claim refund for his expired TnG cards after the pandemic, they also gave him the run around and keep asking for this and that... we eventually sent in the documents and the money was refunded like 4 months after we started the process...

I have a feeling the emails are handled by a pool of people who rotate to answer the emails, and then they don't look at the past emails in the thread (don't tell me they don't use threaded email clients) and don't check the attachments (for screenshots or documents) and don't read carefully also... and they don't take the trouble to explain what's wrong and why they need certain things from you to rectify the errors... basically service standard very low lar... no pride and motivation in their work... they just do their job, report to work at 8 am, 9 am prepare for tea break, have tea break at 10 am, 11 am prepare for lunch, then 12 pm have lunch before 3 pm have tea break and then 4 pm prepare to balik kampong, do make-up etc then 5 pm see who run fastest to their Perodua to get home first...

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 6/28/2024 at 4:15 PM, Heartbreakid said:

It is messy. Finally I seen the "Renew" button on the website. However, I have also gotten their reply stating to submit copy of ID and car registration info for them to proceed deactivation of the existing expiring VEP tag before renewing. The website "Deactivation" button doesn't work. It is like why not upon renewal, auto deactivate the existing one and then request to submit updated documents for renewal process? Anyway, let's see how it goes.

I also see the Deactivation button on my account... when I click on it, it pops up a window asking if I really want to deactivate... is it your web browser prevents pop-ups? That may be why you think it isn't working... I'm using desktop Chrome browser... their website doesn't play nice with mobile Chrome... so best use desktop version...

On 6/28/2024 at 4:57 PM, teomingern said:

I also see the Deactivation button on my account... when I click on it, it pops up a window asking if I really want to deactivate... is it your web browser prevents pop-ups? That may be why you think it isn't working... I'm using desktop Chrome browser... their website doesn't play nice with mobile Chrome... so best use desktop version...

Nope, I didn't set pop up blocker. I have the same question pop up whether I want to deactivate. I click to deactivate, the next window was an error message.

• Haha! 1

On 6/28/2024 at 5:13 PM, Heartbreakid said:

Nope, I didn't set pop up blocker. I have the same question pop up whether I want to deactivate. I click to deactivate, the next window was an error message.

Oh I see... curiouser and curiouser... the Malaysian transport minister must try it himself... what a joke...

On 6/28/2024 at 5:42 PM, teomingern said:

Oh I see... curiouser and curiouser... the Malaysian transport minister must try it himself... what a joke...

It is a joke. There are many question marks and double standards. Like it states 6 months before renewal will see the "Renew" button appear. I only see it 2 months before my VEP tag expire. Before that I wrote in to tell them about this concern and how to renew, then they replied I need to email them the requested documents for them to process deactivation before I can renew. IF SO, why put the "Deactivate" (which is not working) and "Renew" button in the website? Boleh really. Really a joke.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 6/28/2024 at 7:01 PM, Heartbreakid said:

It is a joke. There are many question marks and double standards. Like it states 6 months before renewal will see the "Renew" button appear. I only see it 2 months before my VEP tag expire. Before that I wrote in to tell them about this concern and how to renew, then they replied I need to email them the requested documents for them to process deactivation before I can renew. IF SO, why put the "Deactivate" (which is not working) and "Renew" button in the website? Boleh really. Really a joke.

mine exactly 2 months, just updated my details and click submit. Went into the 2nd portal it's showing Renew Submitted under Status, while under Action not showing anything. I'll just leave it alone for now, doesn't make sense to do a deactivate if there's a renewal tab. 

Update: just login to JPJ, inside showing In Progress. The renewal button actually went missing. So will wait for next update.

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

On 6/28/2024 at 7:01 PM, Heartbreakid said:

Actually I don't know mind how many months then the renew button appears... fire and forget 5 years ago... when you guys started talking about it then I log in to see and hey presto the Renew button appeared...

On 6/28/2024 at 7:13 PM, Dafansu said:

mine exactly 2 months, just updated my details and click submit. Went into the 2nd portal it's showing Renew Submitted under Status, while under Action not showing anything. I'll just leave it alone for now, doesn't make sense to do a deactivate if there's a renewal tab. 

Update: just login to JPJ, inside showing In Progress. The renewal button actually went missing. So will wait for next update.

Wah... sounds like the great AI lie hor... say AI do this AI do that but actually behind the scenes got human minions manually doing the work...

How long did you wait between submission and seeing the 'In Progress' button appear?

I was wondering if cos my tag is still valid until next week, I may not get any response until my tag officially expires... then some minion will update the system so that 'In Progress' appears for mine... ha ha ha... greatest joke of the century... very good to score points - our department very busy leh... need more manpower... see everyone working from 8-5 non-stop... (actually doing menial stuff that a well-programmed website can do without the human input)... oh well... Malaysia Boleh!

(edited)
On 6/28/2024 at 7:14 PM, AndrewLee72 said:

Aiyah.. dun apply lah. Sure delay. U turn!

Sorry bro... not U turn... there's no U turn... VEP already in force... got people apply and issued... it's delayed, not U turn... that's why Anthony Loke can confidently say 'No U-turn mah... he didn't say 'No Delay' mah... they'll enforce, no problem... 

Edited by teomingern
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 6/28/2024 at 7:14 PM, AndrewLee72 said:

Aiyah.. dun apply lah. Sure delay. U turn!

actually this thing is good, been using for 5 years. Auto toll open at custom booth. Use RFID lane also no need to stop, just slow down to 30-40km/h can breeze through. But the process indeed may be complicated for people. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1