VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

Supercharged
On 6/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, teomingern said:

Yeah that's like so weird... maybe the immigration reader for that lane wasn't installed properly or spoiled... cos it should work if it works for toll gates... mine doesn't work for both toll gates and immigration counters... you tried other immigration lanes before? Your VEP tag is new?

Quite new, got it in 2022. But wondering why it doesn’t work at the customs. I think I tried 2 to 3 times at different counters but none is working leh. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

Supercharged
On 6/16/2024 at 10:41 AM, inlinesix said:

Apparently, there are JB runners that can help to speed up the process.

Pay money is it? 

Twincharged
On 6/16/2024 at 9:56 AM, Daniu82 said:

Mine same also. Btw, just went MY and my VEP can use to pay toll (go through the myRFID lane) but not at the customs. Why got VEP also cannot pay at the customs automatically? 

I remember.  Cos the VEP DOES NOT help you pay for the tolls whether in customs or KL.  What it does is link to to your Tng e Wallet.  So if the E wallet doesn’t allow you to pay toll, then cannot.  So your rfid is scanned and deduction is from e wallet.  If e wallet doesn’t allow then too bad.

But I remember can lei, for the Johore one.  Just not for Tuas.  But not for road charge 

Twincharged
On 6/16/2024 at 9:56 AM, Daniu82 said:

Mine same also. Btw, just went MY and my VEP can use to pay toll (go through the myRFID lane) but not at the customs. Why got VEP also cannot pay at the customs automatically? 

Only some highways 

IMG_1420.png

IMG_1421.png

Supercharged
On 6/16/2024 at 5:10 PM, Philipkee said:

I remember.  Cos the VEP DOES NOT help you pay for the tolls whether in customs or KL.  What it does is link to to your Tng e Wallet.  So if the E wallet doesn’t allow you to pay toll, then cannot.  So your rfid is scanned and deduction is from e wallet.  If e wallet doesn’t allow then too bad.

But I remember can lei, for the Johore one.  Just not for Tuas.  But not for road charge 

Toll can but road charge at customs cannot. Should make both can then will be better. My VEP is linked to my e wallet, so deduction was made from my e wallet but road charge still need to use TnG card. 

Twincharged
On 6/16/2024 at 8:18 PM, Daniu82 said:

Toll can but road charge at customs cannot. Should make both can then will be better. My VEP is linked to my e wallet, so deduction was made from my e wallet but road charge still need to use TnG card. 

I remember cannot pay toll at Tuas and only at JB.  But to be fair my last time I use the VEP was Feb 2020 just before the border lockdowns.  I changed my car end 2020 so I never used the VEP since then as in use the RFID to pay.

Now I just tap the tng physical card at the gantry.  But so far the toll is deducted from my e wallet at jb customs and not tuas but I no longer have the rfid sticker so maybe that’s the reason.  Shrugs 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 6/16/2024 at 9:13 AM, Philipkee said:

Same here

IMG_1417.png

+1 all bunched up 

• Praise 1

On 6/16/2024 at 9:25 PM, Philipkee said:

I remember cannot pay toll at Tuas and only at JB.  But to be fair my last time I use the VEP was Feb 2020 just before the border lockdowns.  I changed my car end 2020 so I never used the VEP since then as in use the RFID to pay.

Now I just tap the tng physical card at the gantry.  But so far the toll is deducted from my e wallet at jb customs and not tuas but I no longer have the rfid sticker so maybe that’s the reason.  Shrugs 

Eh? Voodooman can pay the RM20 road charge at both Tuas and Woodlands and also the toll charge at the MyRFID lanes at the toll gates leh... the VEP RFID should work with both readers... my Dad's VEP tag also ok... whereas mine is spoilt, both also cannot deduct...

Another interesting thing is the ability to deduct via PayDirect from your TnG e-wallet... so far that has not been possible for me... may be it's cos my TnG cards always have balance lar... by right if the TnG card has no balance, it will deduct from the TnG e-wallet... haven't tried so far but it's supposed to be implemented at all toll gates in Johor state...

• Praise 1

On 6/16/2024 at 9:25 PM, Philipkee said:

Eh? Voodooman can pay the RM20 road charge at both Tuas and Woodlands and also the toll charge at the MyRFID lanes at the toll gates leh... the VEP RFID should work with both readers... my Dad's VEP tag also ok... whereas mine is spoilt, both also cannot deduct...

Another interesting thing is the ability to deduct via PayDirect from your TnG e-wallet... so far that has not been possible for me... may be it's cos my TnG cards always have balance lar... by right if the TnG card has no balance, it will deduct from the TnG e-wallet... haven't tried so far but it's supposed to be implemented at all toll gates in Johor state...

Twincharged
(edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 6:02 PM, teomingern said:

Then dunno liao

And my experience is different.  If can deduct from e wallet, it will deduct from e wallet first and only if no balance then it will deduct from Tng card even though I tap my Tng card.  

For reference, I got my rfid sticker in 2019, last used 2020.  Right now I use my physical Tng card when going to Malaysia and there is deduction from e wallet only in tolls near kl and causeway (but not road charge).  The rfid sticker was thrown away when I traded in my accent for Honda city 

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

3rd Gear
(edited)

Finally my VEP is approved, pending payment and mail/on-site paste selection, they look 1 month plus to vet through for an approved confirmation reply. 

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 1

(edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 11:23 AM, Fellows said:

Finally my VEP is approved, pending payment and mail/on-site paste selection, they look 1 month plus to vet through for an approved confirmation reply. 

Given the surge in applications, that's pretty fast already lor... Keep us updated on the payment and delivery process next bro...

Edited by teomingern

Supersonic
On 6/16/2024 at 10:41 AM, inlinesix said:

Apparently, there are JB runners that can help to speed up the process.

I did said weeks ago. Surely we can engage some external help for the Application process. 

• Praise 1

Who had already installed VEP RFID Tag ? I just received and like to know if headlght is the only option? windscreen can or not?

My bro, had the previous RFID in 2021, was installed inside the left windscreen.  Can still use or need to apply this latest tag?

Many Thanks in Advance. 

↡ Advertisement