VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

On 6/15/2024 at 8:32 AM, agcs said:

So I finally got a reply from them.

They advised that I need to deactivate my current tag first by submitting to them a copy of my nric and veh documents. Then I proceed to register for a new one. 

My question now is.. why can't I deactivate it via the vep website..? There is a red button next to my current tag that says "deactivate".

Any bros here deactivated your current tag? If so, can I ask is via which method..? Thanks. 

To prevent rouge deactivations I guess... maybe their website not secure enough... currently they don't have a SingPass system for identity verification... so manual method lor...

↡ Advertisement

On 6/14/2024 at 9:28 PM, Wt_know said:

i use Trust card ... FX close to wholesale and no FX fees

i use TnG wallet for micro payment and TnG card top up

i hardly use cash in msia except buying goreng pisang at roadside stall ... lol

Yeah actually I use TnG e-wallet almost all the time now... but topping up requires 1% payment via credit card... even the goreng pisang stall accepts TnG payment ok... they just use the person to person transfer within the wallet...

On 6/14/2024 at 11:33 PM, Benarsenal said:

I don't fully trust MY. Feels like a bit cowboy town.

I won't register for the VEP until they get their act together.

But you still go in and shop and eat right? Not so bad lar...

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 6/15/2024 at 9:53 AM, teomingern said:

Yeah actually I use TnG e-wallet almost all the time now... but topping up requires 1% payment via credit card... even the goreng pisang stall accepts TnG payment ok... they just use the person to person transfer within the wallet...

i have msia maybank acct ... top up via duitnow ... 0 fees

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 6/15/2024 at 9:53 AM, teomingern said:

i top up my Tng e wallet using youtrip, no additional charge just base on their exchange rates which is relatively ok.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
On 6/14/2024 at 11:33 PM, Benarsenal said:

I don't fully trust MY. Feels like a bit cowboy town.

I won't register for the VEP until they get their act together.

Server sure will kena hacked soon. If ours can get hacked so often, theirs won't be far behind. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1st Gear

@teomingern tng agent confirmed they have linked my ic number to my account. Nothing else they can do aldy.

• Sad 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:08 AM, Dafansu said:

i top up my Tng e wallet using youtrip, no additional charge just base on their exchange rates which is relatively ok.

Good tip bro... thanks! Hope it remains that way...

On 6/15/2024 at 8:32 AM, agcs said:

So I finally got a reply from them.

They advised that I need to deactivate my current tag first by submitting to them a copy of my nric and veh documents. Then I proceed to register for a new one. 

My question now is.. why can't I deactivate it via the vep website..? There is a red button next to my current tag that says "deactivate".

Any bros here deactivated your current tag? If so, can I ask is via which method..? Thanks. 

Double standards. No surprises judging from their way of work delivery. 

I would have expected to see a "renewal" button that just deactivate the current and allow us to renew and receive a new tag without removal of our existing details in the system.

Thanks for sharing. This has been very helpful as I am one who encounter the same issue as you. Emailed them no reply at all and also not receiving or see any notification about renewal of the tag in their website.

Who knows after all these hassles, they postpone it again when the time is near. Hahaha.

• Haha! 1

@RadXWhat happened to the forum's page formatting? It's all gone out of whack on my phone... it was still ok yesterday leh... can help to fix it bro? Thanks!

Neutral Newbie
On 6/15/2024 at 10:51 AM, Heartbreakid said:

Double standards. No surprises judging from their way of work delivery. 

I would have expected to see a "renewal" button that just deactivate the current and allow us to renew and receive a new tag without removal of our existing details in the system.

Thanks for sharing. This has been very helpful as I am one who encounter the same issue as you. Emailed them no reply at all and also not receiving or see any notification about renewal of the tag in their website.

Who knows after all these hassles, they postpone it again when the time is near. Hahaha.

Yeah i agree with you, a renewal process should just work as simple as clicking on a renewal button. This entire VEP system is a joke. Once registered, you cant even amend the details that are tagged to it - passport number, address, etc. I think i will hold the deactivating process for now. Dont feel good emailing them my NRIC, especially when now it so clear as day they cant handle the requests.

• Praise 1

On 6/15/2024 at 11:50 AM, teomingern said:

@RadXWhat happened to the forum's page formatting? It's all gone out of whack on my phone... it was still ok yesterday leh... can help to fix it bro? Thanks!

Now resolved aldy I think

refresh

mine was wonky too but now ok

@kobayashiGT can confirm?

Eh... it's still like this... I just took a screenshot... it wasn't like this today with all the buttons squished up and lots of empty space on the left...

Thanks bro!

Screenshot_20240615_120023_Chrome.jpg

Supersonic
On 6/15/2024 at 11:50 AM, teomingern said:

mcf has become vep website standard liao ... lol .... 

sorry for digressing ... back to VEP boleh !

• Haha! 5

Twincharged
On 6/15/2024 at 12:01 PM, teomingern said:

Eh... it's still like this... I just took a screenshot... it wasn't like this today with all the buttons squished up and lots of empty space on the left...

Thanks bro!

Screenshot_20240615_120023_Chrome.jpg

Same here

IMG_1417.png

Supercharged
On 6/16/2024 at 9:13 AM, Philipkee said:

Same here

IMG_1417.png

Mine same also. Btw, just went MY and my VEP can use to pay toll (go through the myRFID lane) but not at the customs. Why got VEP also cannot pay at the customs automatically? 

On 6/16/2024 at 9:56 AM, Daniu82 said:

Mine same also. Btw, just went MY and my VEP can use to pay toll (go through the myRFID lane) but not at the customs. Why got VEP also cannot pay at the customs automatically? 

Yeah that's like so weird... maybe the immigration reader for that lane wasn't installed properly or spoiled... cos it should work if it works for toll gates... mine doesn't work for both toll gates and immigration counters... you tried other immigration lanes before? Your VEP tag is new?