VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

1st Gear
On 6/14/2024 at 9:49 AM, Lucio said:

Hi guys,

Anyone know how to tackle eWallet inactive error during submission?

"Your eWallet account is inactive. Kindly download and register via TnG eWallet Mobile App. Also verify your eWallet profile with the same NRIC and registered Mobile Phone Number in order to complete the submission."

Already downloaded the app, linked my IC with TnG account and phone number used is the same. 

Contact the TnG eWallet chat. That's how they helped me reactivate it and tie it to the VEP registration.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1st Gear
On 6/14/2024 at 2:33 PM, Bummer said:

Contact the TnG eWallet chat. That's how they helped me reactivate it and tie it to the VEP registration.

I did, and they helped me to link my IC to Tng account. But still kenna the error.. 

Turbocharged
On 6/14/2024 at 8:50 AM, teomingern said:

But I see many cars really come to a standstill at the RFID lane leh... maybe they're just kiasu... otherwise that's how it seems to be from the outside in observing that RFID lane...

some tags don't work, also don't be surprise some don't even know it's for rfid only. 

1st Gear
On 6/14/2024 at 2:40 PM, Lucio said:

I did, and they helped me to link my IC to Tng account. But still kenna the error.. 

Maybe they had a typo or something. Sorry I don't have any other suggestion other than getting in touch with them again.

1st Gear
On 6/14/2024 at 3:12 PM, Bummer said:

Maybe they had a typo or something. Sorry I don't have any other suggestion other than getting in touch with them again.

Noted, Thanks for your help. 

Twincharged
On 6/14/2024 at 1:31 PM, Heartbreakid said:

Sent enquiries don't even get reply. The VEP site states that 6 months before expiry date will receive notification for renewal but I have got none nor is there any renewal option for the VEP also. 

Anyone done their VEP renewal can share how it goes? Thank you.

Notification considered as junk and went  to your junk mail? 😅

Supersonic
(edited)

VEP = FUBAR .... F up beyond any recognition ...

register online ... beh sai

renew ... beh sai

email ... no reply

go onsite ask ... no answer

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 6/14/2024 at 5:34 PM, Wt_know said:

renew ... beh sai

email ... no reply

Bro, may be this email works wonder

[email protected]

😂

• Haha! 3

On 6/14/2024 at 5:34 PM, Wt_know said:

renew ... beh sai

email ... no reply

Precisely. I wouldn't be surprise if it is postpone again. Very poorly sort out.

• Praise 2

On 6/14/2024 at 5:51 PM, Wheelslover said:

Total screwed up, think they have to delay, else SG car cannot enter....businesses suffer big time.

SG cars can enter. Then have to pay fine with no/expired VEP. Is a win-win situation for them.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 6/14/2024 at 8:54 AM, teomingern said:

Well you do pay using credit card in Malaysia right? So far I never got scammed lar...

I don't ah. Always use ringgit cash.

Supersonic
On 6/14/2024 at 8:52 PM, Benarsenal said:

I don't ah. Always use ringgit cash.

I usually use Maybank credit card at established hotels/ restaurants / petrol stations to enjoy 8% cash debate on MY spends.  FX rate is crap but after 8% rebates, it is best in town. 

TnG for small establishments/ restaurants, etc.

Hardly use cash these days.  

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

i use Trust card ... FX close to wholesale and no FX fees

i use TnG wallet for micro payment and TnG card top up

i hardly use cash in msia except buying goreng pisang at roadside stall ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

3rd Gear
(edited)

They need to get the shit together and do an overhaul on the 2 websites on VEP in terms on UX/UI and ensure all functions and buttons works and make it integrated into 1 single website. This kind of broken websites still dare to make it official and unchanged for the past few years. I think POLY FYP project students can design a better website than these crap. 

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 6/14/2024 at 9:06 PM, Voodooman said:

I usually use Maybank credit card at established hotels/ restaurants / petrol stations to enjoy 8% cash debate on MY spends.  FX rate is crap but after 8% rebates, it is best in town. 

TnG for small establishments/ restaurants, etc.

Hardly use cash these days.  

I don't fully trust MY. Feels like a bit cowboy town.

I won't register for the VEP until they get their act together.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
On 6/12/2024 at 10:22 AM, agcs said:

Hi everyone,

I have a legit question. I was 1 of the early adopters of the VEP who went into JB to have the RFID tag installed back in 2019. In the system it says my tag is expiring in Sept 2024, but I did not receive any notifications to renew. I wrote in to the aduan email 2 wks ago to no avail. I have also tried to apply for a new tag but it says my current vehicle is registered. There are also no instructions online that talks about renewal except for the FAQ page that says 'you must renew 3 months before expiry'.

Appreciate any help that bros can give. Thanks.

So I finally got a reply from them.

They advised that I need to deactivate my current tag first by submitting to them a copy of my nric and veh documents. Then I proceed to register for a new one. 

My question now is.. why can't I deactivate it via the vep website..? There is a red button next to my current tag that says "deactivate".

Any bros here deactivated your current tag? If so, can I ask is via which method..? Thanks. 

On 6/14/2024 at 2:40 PM, Lucio said:

Try TnG chat if any?

↡ Advertisement