VEP for entering Malaysia

Hammerhammer

On 6/9/2024 at 8:44 AM, Dafansu said:

because touchngo is its own company can use various types of documents to register, VEP by JPJ just leveraging on it for the payment. 

Yeah I know that... it's just that allowing the link between VEP & TnG should have some clear rules... as usual Malaysia boleh lar...

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
On 6/9/2024 at 1:16 PM, teomingern said:

Yeah I know that... it's just that allowing the link between VEP & TnG should have some clear rules... as usual Malaysia boleh lar...

for foreigners if they want to activate the ewallet they use their passport. Only for SG using NRIC. 

6th Gear
On 6/9/2024 at 10:01 AM, Dafansu said:

for foreigners if they want to activate the ewallet they use their passport. Only for SG using NRIC. 

My TnG is set up with passport, and VEP, cannot remember but sure if there is time between them, numbers will be different as I switch passports every ~5yrs.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 6/9/2024 at 5:52 PM, bsswan said:

My TnG is set up with passport, and VEP, cannot remember but sure if there is time between them, numbers will be different as I switch passports every ~5yrs.

with VEP will need it to be NRIC, if not cannot link properly

• Praise 1

Has anyone already activated VEP RFID? where did you stick it, the video show sticking at the left headlamp, while i saw some had theirs on their left windscreen. I don't  think having it on the headlamp a good idea.

5th Gear

hello guys

i am lost wat to do. received renewal notice.

i have changed to another car while retaining the same carplate.

the VEP does allow me to upload the latest car reg. details. upon loading, the vehicle details become blank and grey off which i am not able to input of change.

i am not sure how to proceed, write to them also no reply... sibei cham

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi everyone,

I have a legit question. I was 1 of the early adopters of the VEP who went into JB to have the RFID tag installed back in 2019. In the system it says my tag is expiring in Sept 2024, but I did not receive any notifications to renew. I wrote in to the aduan email 2 wks ago to no avail. I have also tried to apply for a new tag but it says my current vehicle is registered. There are also no instructions online that talks about renewal except for the FAQ page that says 'you must renew 3 months before expiry'.

Appreciate any help that bros can give. Thanks.

Edited by agcs

On 6/12/2024 at 10:22 AM, agcs said:

Hi everyone,

I have a legit question. I was 1 of the early adopters of the VEP who went into JB to have the RFID tag installed. In the system it has my tag is expiring in Sept, but I did not receive any notifications to renew. I wrote in to the aduan email 2 wks ago to no avail. I have also tried to apply for a new tag but it says my current vehicle is registered. There are also no instructions online that talks about renewal except for the FAQ page that says 'you must renew 3 months before expiry'.

Appreciate any help that bros can give. Thanks.

Not yet bro... mine expires in July and I just got the email... one month before I think... 

On 6/12/2024 at 10:15 AM, Actan72 said:

hello guys

i am lost wat to do. received renewal notice.

i have changed to another car while retaining the same carplate.

the VEP does allow me to upload the latest car reg. details. upon loading, the vehicle details become blank and grey off which i am not able to input of change.

i am not sure how to proceed, write to them also no reply... sibei cham

Renew is if your car is still exactly the same one.

Once you change car, you have to deactivate the old tag, then once that's done, apply for a new tag... very troublesome...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
On 6/12/2024 at 10:26 AM, teomingern said:

Not yet bro... mine expires in July and I just got the email... one month before I think... 

Ohhhh i see. In the FAQ page it says you will be notified 6 months before expiry.. Thanks for the info. :)

Edited by agcs

On 6/12/2024 at 8:12 AM, Wheelslover said:

Has anyone already activated VEP RFID? where did you stick it, the video show sticking at the left headlamp, while i saw some had theirs on their left windscreen. I don't  think having it on the headlamp a good idea.

Left headlamp is the place to stick it. Windscreen possible if your solar film isn't the metallic vapour deposition type - basically Vkool or Huper Optik... all other solar films use organic dyes to filter out the UV & IR rays from sunlight... so those are safe for the VEP tag cos they won't interfere with the RFID reader at the immigration counters or at the toll gates...

On 6/12/2024 at 10:28 AM, agcs said:

Ohhhh i see. In the FAQ page it says you will be notified 6 months before expiry.. Thanks for the info. 🙂

That's what the FAQ says but it doesn't work as advertised... well... Malaysia lar... they've got so many cars to look into, I just wonder if the system is automated or not or there's some minion who has to do it manually every day... that would be really sad...

@teomingern Thanks you.  Checked with my malaysia friends in KL, they will using smart tag, cos they mentioned the RFID not always can work, depend on luck😶

5th Gear
On 6/12/2024 at 10:27 AM, teomingern said:

Renew is if your car is still exactly the same one.

Once you change car, you have to deactivate the old tag, then once that's done, apply for a new tag... very troublesome...

i have tried many many times... mostly get error msg... haiz

• Praise 1

On 6/12/2024 at 2:46 PM, Actan72 said:

i have tried many many times... mostly get error msg... haiz

Not surprising... got to write in to them then wait long long for reply... or write in repeatedly until you get a reply...

On 6/12/2024 at 2:14 PM, Wheelslover said:

@teomingern Thanks you.  Checked with my malaysia friends in KL, they will using smart tag, cos they mentioned the RFID not always can work, depend on luck😶

SMART Tag was designed to be like our IU except that it requires a battery which required replacing... it has its own issues like our ERP 2.0 issues... and also safety issues... it's on its way out apparently... but who knows... RFID readers tend to be very finicky as we all know... especially when we take IPPT in the past and the reader doesn't register your passing the gantry when running 2.4 km... it's very sian and must rely on video recording to back up... only the toll gates don't have video recording... so if the RFID reader doesn't work or your tag doesn't agree with certain readers, then you still need the physical TnG card to tap through... I don't understand why they want to change when the card with NFC is like the best possible solution...

Hypersonic
On 6/12/2024 at 4:10 PM, teomingern said:

SMART Tag was designed to be like our IU except that it requires a battery which required replacing... it has its own issues like our ERP 2.0 issues... and also safety issues... it's on its way out apparently... but who knows... RFID readers tend to be very finicky as we all know... especially when we take IPPT in the past and the reader doesn't register your passing the gantry when running 2.4 km... it's very sian and must rely on video recording to back up... only the toll gates don't have video recording... so if the RFID reader doesn't work or your tag doesn't agree with certain readers, then you still need the physical TnG card to tap through... I don't understand why they want to change when the card with NFC is like the best possible solution...

smart tag is not on its way out.  It is still available on Shopee Malaysia.

Most Malaysian don't stick smart tag (similar principle to not to keep bags visible in the car) on the windscreen.

When car approach gantry, just stick smart tag on windscreen.  Gantry will open.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1