Class 4 Driving License

On 3/21/2023 at 1:29 PM, Charles123456 said:

@ScottyWittyKow Oh man as i am planning to take up class 5 looking for tips. I think you can post it here or ask admin.

@Charles123456 - Sure. We will talk here. Anyway, I just failed Class 5 TP last month. Will be taking re test next month. 

Yes. I notify the admins already. 

What tips you wish to know? 

On 3/21/2023 at 10:34 PM, ScottyWittyKow said:

@Charles123456 - SSDC: 3.6m, PCDC: 3.3m

@Charles123456 - When u going to register the Class 5 driving course? That time I took my TP for Class 5, the truck behind emitting some smoke. The tester said I drove too slow, thats why got smoke behind. Wtf?

That time TP I drove slow is because drove abit, reach traffic light. After traffic light move on, reach another traffic light. How to drive fast? After that, I anyhow drive liao because he kept tapping on the tablet for de-merits points.

So when you taking your TP for Class 5, other than safety checks on the boom etc, try to drive below 50km/h for outside road.

@ScottyWittyKowMaybe next month as this march is fully booked. This is the first time i heard they will check the exhaust smoke for the speed?! lol.

For my class 4 approaching junction they told me to drop to gear 3 maintain speed after junction than shift up if junction near no point shifting up. 

Edited by Charles123456

On 3/23/2023 at 1:43 AM, Charles123456 said:

@ScottyWittyKowMaybe next month as this march is fully booked. This is the first time i heard they will check the exhaust smoke for the speed?! lol.

For my class 4 approaching junction they told me to drop to gear 3 maintain speed after junction than shift up if junction near no point shifting up. 

@Charles123456- Yes, the junction thingy also taught for Class 5.

Actually that time my TP was 4:30pm. By the time, I drove out of the circuit, already 4:45pm or so. I drove slow because of people knocking off around that hour, so the traffic was getting heavy.

Hence, choose the TP timing wisely. And of course make sure you really confident then take TP.

• Praise 1

On 12/17/2022 at 1:01 PM, wilderness said:

Sure thing! 

Hi wilderness, wondering if you have read my pm to you?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers Mate!

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, Glad that I manage to pass my class 4 test just one time, possibly because my TP test was at 11am weekday (near to their lunch time) so the tester wants to quickly get it done. Got 16 points as far as i can remember. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 3/27/2023 at 12:07 PM, BusLover92 said:

Hi all, Glad that I manage to pass my class 4 test just one time, possibly because my TP test was at 11am weekday (near to their lunch time) so the tester wants to quickly get it done. Got 16 points as far as i can remember. 

@BusLover92 - Congrats on your passing of Class 4. Keen to take up Class 5?

Edited by ScottyWittyKow
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 3/27/2023 at 9:48 PM, ScottyWittyKow said:

@BusLover92 - Congrats on your passing of Class 4. Keen to take up Class 5?

Still considering though, do I need to wait for 1 year? Also my Class 4 was actually sponsored by my company, and i had 2x more lessons so that explains easier to pass. 

On 3/28/2023 at 3:04 AM, BusLover92 said:

Still considering though, do I need to wait for 1 year? Also my Class 4 was actually sponsored by my company, and i had 2x more lessons so that explains easier to pass. 

@BusLover92 - No need wait one year. I also register my Class 5 when my Class 4 licence is less than a year. 

On 3/28/2023 at 3:04 AM, BusLover92 said:

Bro, you joined Tower Transit?

Neutral Newbie
On 3/28/2023 at 5:51 AM, ScottyWittyKow said:

@BusLover92 - No need wait one year. I also register my Class 5 when my Class 4 licence is less than a year. 

Wow, cool. Let me consider.. plus maybe Class 2B and Taxi Voccational license. 

Neutral Newbie
On 3/28/2023 at 6:28 AM, Babyckh said:

Bro, you joined Tower Transit?

Go-Ahead Singapore. 

So now I have both Omnibus and Private Bus Voccational license. Am thinking of applying for taxi. 

Still considering 

Class 2B (trying a 2-wheel after so long never ride a bicycle)

Class 5 - just add in for knowledge

Taxi VL - in case you could do ad-hoc or part time taxis or PHV cars. 

Neutral Newbie
On 3/29/2023 at 4:51 AM, Charles123456 said:

@BusLover92 Bro also take Flying Licence too haha congrats for passing Class 4.

Flying?? Hahaha

But yeah thanks, Class 4 only the rope tying im unable to complete on time as my tester is rushing for time so 4 pts for that. Other than that the whole thing (including theory) took less than 40 mins. Was kind of worried at first but upon hearing the tester ask for DL card, feel relief 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2