Putin starts “military operation” on Ukraine

happy_man

Supersonic
On 2/27/2024 at 12:22 PM, yishunite said:

Now got NATO AWACS helping them lol

NATO AWACS just stay outside of Ukraine. They can see everything and share with Ukraine. No, they are not a party to the war, bcuz they are not in the warzone. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
On 2/27/2024 at 9:39 AM, Ender said:

Will there be NATO soldier in Ukraine? This was suggested by Macron. I don't think it will happen so soon. or at all. They will see what the next aid package and F16 and Grippen can do first. Ukraine seriously in need of ammo, especially Arty shells. We see the result in the loss of Avdiivka because of that.

But putting NATO troops in Ukraine is on the table for discussion. 

For now, Ukraine is not asking for NATO boots on the ground.

They are asking for long range weapons, ammo, more weapons and more ammo. [;)]

Now if russia fire a nuclear weapon in Ukraine, that will be a totally different story.

Turbocharged

NATO "advisers" in "noncombat" role away from "front" line very possible. NATO done it before. And sure will have invitation of host state so not consider interfering. But it is up to NATO leadership to decide if this crosses putin red line (many other things they did long ago cross his red line but nothing happened lol)

Supersonic

Well, what do you know ? Probably some backroom wheeling and dealing with Sweden's NATO membership. You don't block me, I don't block you. [laugh]

Hungary orders more Gripen fighter jets

7698363.jpg?w=1392&ssl=1

Saab announced on Friday that it has finalized a contract with the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) to supply four more Gripen C fighter aircraft to Hungary.

This agreement stems from an amendment to an existing contract between FMV and the Hungarian Government, originally signed in December 2001, which involved the procurement of 14 Gripen C/D fighters for the Hungarian Air Force. The recent contract amendment, signed by the Hungarian Ministry of Defence and FMV on February 23, 2024, expands Hungary’s Gripen fleet to a total of 18 aircraft.

Micael Johansson, President and CEO of Saab, expressed optimism about the continued collaboration with the Hungarian Government and defense industry, emphasizing the Gripen’s contribution to Hungary’s air defense capabilities. Saab’s commitment extends beyond aircraft delivery, with an existing contract for ongoing support of Hungary’s Gripen fleet and readiness to offer further upgrades and assistance beyond 2035.

In addition to the aircraft contract, Saab and the Hungarian Ministry of Defence have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at advancing high-tech industrial sectors and enhancing fighter aircraft capabilities. As part of this collaboration, efforts will be directed towards establishing a Center of Excellence for virtual reality (VR) technologies in Hungary, signaling a broader partnership focused on innovation and technological development in the defense sector.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 2/27/2024 at 1:54 PM, Kb27 said:

Well, what do you know ? Probably some backroom wheeling and dealing with Sweden's NATO membership. You don't block me, I don't block you. [laugh]

Hungary orders more Gripen fighter jets

7698363.jpg?w=1392&ssl=1

Saab announced on Friday that it has finalized a contract with the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) to supply four more Gripen C fighter aircraft to Hungary.

This agreement stems from an amendment to an existing contract between FMV and the Hungarian Government, originally signed in December 2001, which involved the procurement of 14 Gripen C/D fighters for the Hungarian Air Force. The recent contract amendment, signed by the Hungarian Ministry of Defence and FMV on February 23, 2024, expands Hungary’s Gripen fleet to a total of 18 aircraft.

Micael Johansson, President and CEO of Saab, expressed optimism about the continued collaboration with the Hungarian Government and defense industry, emphasizing the Gripen’s contribution to Hungary’s air defense capabilities. Saab’s commitment extends beyond aircraft delivery, with an existing contract for ongoing support of Hungary’s Gripen fleet and readiness to offer further upgrades and assistance beyond 2035.

In addition to the aircraft contract, Saab and the Hungarian Ministry of Defence have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at advancing high-tech industrial sectors and enhancing fighter aircraft capabilities. As part of this collaboration, efforts will be directed towards establishing a Center of Excellence for virtual reality (VR) technologies in Hungary, signaling a broader partnership focused on innovation and technological development in the defense sector.

Lol Sweden offer them best price in JB, Batam and some say Stockholm???

Twincharged
On 2/27/2024 at 2:16 PM, Kb27 said:

300,000 more meat for the grinder ? putin must be happy now.

In a way,  I doubt those are the white horses. White horses will likely be in Europe. 

I think it's probably some syndicate or corrupt officials selling packages in Russia to those who don't want to take part in the war.... 

Lelong lelong... 3 year exit permit,  passport,  safe flight to  Sri lanka, book family package  for 10% discount... only cash and gold bar accepted. 😁

Supersonic
On 2/27/2024 at 2:16 PM, Kb27 said:

300,000 more meat for the grinder ? putin must be happy now.

So many are hiding there ? I am surprised 

Hypersonic
(edited)

Will there be NATO soldier in Ukraine? This was suggested by Macron. I don't think it will happen so soon. or at all. They will see what the next aid package and F16 and Grippen can do first. Ukraine seriously in need of ammo, especially Arty shells. We see the result in the loss of Avdiivka because of that.

Kremlin set the red line, war with NATO if their soldiers set foot in Ukraine.

Just like they set the red line,  if they give them F16. And the red line not to strike inside Russia border. NATO chief just said Ukraine can use F16 to strike military targets inside Russia border..   Russia wants red line where they can set foot and destroy infrastructures, take civilian life in the foreign land they are invading, but doesn't allow any part of their own country be attacked.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/kremlin-warns-of-inevitable-war-between-russia-and-nato-if-european-members-send-troops-to-ukraine-after-french-president-macron-warned-the-west-has-not-ruled-out-putting-boots-on-the-ground/ar-BB1iXVmV

Kremlin warns of 'inevitable' war between Russia and NATO if European members send troops to Ukraine after French President Macron warned the West has not 'ruled' out putting boots on the ground

Edited by Ender

Turbocharged
On 2/28/2024 at 12:29 AM, Ender said:

Kremlin set the red line, war with NATO if their soldiers set foot in Ukraine.

Just like they set the red line,  if they give them F16. And the red line not to strike inside Russia border NATO chief just said Ukraine can use F16 to strike military target inside Russia border..   Russia wants red line where they can set foot and destroy infrastructures, take civilian life in the foreign land they are invading, but doesn't allow any part of their own country be attacked.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/kremlin-warns-of-inevitable-war-between-russia-and-nato-if-european-members-send-troops-to-ukraine-after-french-president-macron-warned-the-west-has-not-ruled-out-putting-boots-on-the-ground/ar-BB1iXVmV

Kremlin warns of 'inevitable' war between Russia and NATO if European members send troops to Ukraine after French President Macron warned the West has not 'ruled' out putting boots on the ground

Lol putin announce so many redlines like Finland/Sweden joining NATO that he then didnt do anything about

Reality is that if he acts against NATO he loses no matter what:

1) Attack NATO without nukes = sure lose

2) Attack NATO with nukes = mutually assure destruction (also lose)

So question is whether NATO wanna call his bluff

Twincharged

I think that is first and foremost,  an expression of resolve to Russia. 

And maybe even more a notice/ reminder to NATO and EU members of the seriousness of the situation if more support isn't given to Ukraine. 

Turbocharged
On 2/27/2024 at 1:25 PM, yishunite said:

NATO "advisers" in "noncombat" role away from "front" line very possible. NATO done it before. And sure will have invitation of host state so not consider interfering. But it is up to NATO leadership to decide if this crosses putin red line (many other things they did long ago cross his red line but nothing happened lol)

NATO will bomb Iraq, Syria but never North Korea or Russia or Iran. Wonder what NATO stands for?

On 2/27/2024 at 12:44 PM, Voodooman said:

If NATO send troops, will it be start of world war 3, bringing us closer to a nuclear exchange? 

If they do, NATO won't be just a paper tiger.  Don't really want us anywhere near the doorstep of WW3 but please show the world (not just talk) that Ukrainian freedom / sacrifice are worth the lives of thousands of Americans and European soldiers. 

Whichever way, this won't end well. 

Actually I am looking forward to NATO troop in Ukraine. Its getting boring😂😂

Won't be ww3 la. Non of other ppl problem. A European war maybe. If America  send their soldiers.  Maybe a western war. But I highly doubt so. They already kpkb so much when like 3 of their own kenna killed😅

I guess so much for the best tank in the world Leo 2 and m1 . 

Ukraine fear the M1 being targeted.  Until so much it become like a white elephant.  At last they are being used. 

Maybe they are saving the rest for a grand counter attack? Despite russian making big progress recently.  I am not ruling the ukraine out yet. 

Zelensky mention he want to moblise the whole country to fight.  If he can do that ukraine stand a chance😉

I wonder what's our army thought on our own Leo 2 a4. When ukraine Leo even their A7 are getting wack by cheap skate done. 

New strategy are needed. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 2/28/2024 at 9:18 AM, Beregond said:

Actually I am looking forward to NATO troop in Ukraine. Its getting boring😂😂

Won't be ww3 la. Non of other ppl problem. A European war maybe. If America  send their soldiers.  Maybe a western war. But I highly doubt so. They already kpkb so much when like 3 of their own kenna killed😅

I guess so much for the best tank in the world Leo 2 and m1 . 

Ukraine fear the M1 being targeted.  Until so much it become like a white elephant.  At last they are being used. 

Maybe they are saving the rest for a grand counter attack? Despite russian making big progress recently.  I am not ruling the ukraine out yet. 

Zelensky mention he want to moblise the whole country to fight.  If he can do that ukraine stand a chance😉

I wonder what's our army thought on our own Leo 2 a4. When ukraine Leo even their A7 are getting wack by cheap skate done. 

New strategy are needed. 

Ya then Winnie the Pooh will be king of the whole world right?? 🤣

• Haha! 1

Oh I’m sure the SAF is looking at the combat performance of the Leopard 2 over there.

Even countries who don’t operate a platform in the fight (e.g. Taiwan) would be furiously taking notes on how asymmetrical warfare can enable a smaller opponent to keep its larger and more advanced opponent off guard. However to write off the Leopard because of combat losses would be akin to India dumping their T-90 because of Russia’s much higher losses compared to Ukraine; it’s not always applicable because Ukraine’s situation is less than ideal - hurriedly trained citizen soldiers on unfamiliar platforms, without air support let alone air superiority and lack of consistent artillery support.

NATO’s equipment were designed to operate in combined-arms situations, not magic silver bullets that can turn the tide of any front they are deployed on and no one should imagine that to be true.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1