Putin starts “military operation” on Ukraine

happy_man

Hypersonic

Possible counter measure for stalking FPV drones. But it's only one shot. Missed, that's it.

I think a large area target shot gun can do too.

↡ Advertisement

On 2/11/2024 at 2:47 AM, Ender said:

Possible counter measure for stalking FPV drones. But it's only one shot. Missed, that's it.

Some limitations. One shot as you said, and also looks like really short range. You’d only do this if you want to capture it intact, and if it was a suicide drone why would you want to do that?

Some time ago, CAAS unveiled a whole host of anti-drone technology to protect Changi Airport, those are commercially available product, such as anti-drone drones and jamming equipment. They should be in use by both sides in the “SMO” but I’ve not heard or read too much about it.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 2/6/2024 at 8:58 PM, Ct3833 said:

The gov should rethink if they should relax drone flyinh ruling, ideally every young men should know how to fly drone very well.😆

You wish [laugh]

Drone licensing = Revenue source

Flying fields/areas = Empty land that can be monetized. Keeping it unsold and unused for commercial/residential development is like raiding reserves

What do you think?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 2/11/2024 at 2:47 AM, Ender said:

there's a drone hunter (a drone itself) that shoots out net also.

Hypersonic

Why all the people that say Stop bombing Gaza

never say Stop bombing Ukraine?

Ukraine lives don't matter?

:D

image.thumb.png.8f2e749e133cefea70a6ec73ee0e20d2.png

The Russian narrative of de-Nazification and liberation of Russian-speaking areas of Ukraine seems not to have been mentioned for quite some time; replaced by simple statements of achieving territorial objectives. I suppose the normalisation of occupation means they don’t bother anymore…

Twincharged
(edited)
On 2/11/2024 at 1:53 PM, Macrosszero said:

The Russian narrative of de-Nazification and liberation of Russian-speaking areas of Ukraine seems not to have been mentioned for quite some time; replaced by simple statements of achieving territorial objectives. I suppose the normalisation of occupation means they don’t bother anymore…

But in a weird coincidence, the recent dismissal of zaluzhny, who gave a very frank assessment of where the conflict was heading, which the president did not like to hear or accept, has shades of the ww2 germans in russia in the winter of '42 onwards.

Edited by Sosaria

Hypersonic
On 2/11/2024 at 8:46 AM, Macrosszero said:

Some limitations. One shot as you said, and also looks like really short range. You’d only do this if you want to capture it intact, and if it was a suicide drone why would you want to do that?

Some time ago, CAAS unveiled a whole host of anti-drone technology to protect Changi Airport, those are commercially available product, such as anti-drone drones and jamming equipment. They should be in use by both sides in the “SMO” but I’ve not heard or read too much about it.

On 2/11/2024 at 12:12 PM, Kb27 said:

there's a drone hunter (a drone itself) that shoots out net also.

Great to hear that counter drones are in development for future war fare.  I have watched too many FPV drones footage from both sides. Yes, Ukrainian soldiers also gets 'drone' killed the same way that we sees those Russian soldiers get it.  Infantry with current conventional weapons has no answer to FPV drones. Once met with a stalking FPV drone, it is almost all efforts to evade are in vain.  I guess that net shooting device are just short term answer to be deployed asap to the field.

Hypersonic
On 2/11/2024 at 2:20 PM, Sosaria said:

But in a weird coincidence, the recent dismissal of zaluzhny, who gave a very frank assessment of where the conflict was heading, which the president did not like to hear or accept, has shades of the ww2 germans in russia in the winter of '42 onwards.

I think this is no difference in MNC, when board of directors decide to change of CEO in the midst of revenue loss. New directions are needed, and usually the new CEO replacement will implement drastic policy changes different from the previous CEO and this is expected from the Board of Directors.. Whether it works, anyone guess.

Hypersonic

The Russians stop the the de-Nazification narrative because no one believes it lah!

They also stop the its not a war but SMO narrative.

For first known time in public, Putin calls fighting in Ukraine a ‘war’

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday used the word “war” to refer to the conflict in Ukraine, the first known time he has publicly deviated from his carefully crafted description of Moscow’s invasion as a “special military operation” 10 months after it began.

Anyone that calls it a war gets jailed for up to 15 years.

So Putin has to go jail for up to 15 years?

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

There is only one reason Russia invaded Ukraine.

7 trillion $$$ of oil in Ukraine.

There is only one reason USA invaded Iraq.

Not WMD or freedom or democracy but oil.

There is only one reason USA has not invaded Myanmar.

There is no oil in Myanmar.

Hypersonic

Sorry Myanmar

No freedom and democracy for you!

But if you suddenly find some oil

Uncle Sam will bring you freedom and democracy immediately!

Supersonic
On 2/11/2024 at 3:01 PM, Ender said:

Great to hear that counter drones are in development for future war fare.  I have watched too many FPV drones footage from both sides. Yes, Ukrainian soldiers also gets 'drone' killed the same way that we sees those Russian soldiers get it.  Infantry with current conventional weapons has no answer to FPV drones. Once met with a stalking FPV drone, it is almost all efforts to evade are in vain.  I guess that net shooting device are just short term answer to be deployed asap to the field.

and now a drone war, all kinds of drones and anti-drones. [laugh]

Twincharged
On 2/11/2024 at 3:54 PM, Jamesc said:

Sorry Myanmar

No freedom and democracy for you!

But if you suddenly find some oil

Uncle Sam will bring you freedom and democracy immediately!

Myanmar has oil and gas, since british colonial times.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_and_gas_industry_in_Myanmar

Right up to today

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/01/myanmar-oil-gas-companies-profits-regime-coup

Even digging manually will find oil [laugh]

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/131127-manual-oil-drilling-myanmar

But I don't know why US did not get involved. My guess is that it could be due to the proximity and shared border with china. It would be like russia intervening in mexico.

• Praise 1

On 2/11/2024 at 4:01 PM, Ender said:

Need to get this to protect the troops/armour/HQ..... 

3ef1543df30e38b99d49ad6bb8496bf5.jpg.b5ed14bd442644ccc638dfae8d9169bf.jpg

Ironically Tucker the f**ker can only do this because he’s American.

If he was a Russian journalist going to America or Ukraine to interview Biden/Zelensky he’d disappear upon returning to Russia and later accidentally have a skiing accident or fall out of a window.

Or the plane he’s flying in would suddenly fall out of the sky.

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic

This arty shell can become rocket...  Now please send them to Ukraine.

↡ Advertisement