BYD Seal Atto 4 electric sports sedan

Fitz4i

On 9/30/2023 at 7:50 AM, Voodooman said:

$141k COE plus ARF and the sub-4 century sprint, BMW and Mercy bosses won't be sleeping very well.

Tesla has a strong competitor that is closing in fast. While BYD still lacks brand recognition, if the car is as good as what many reviewers are saying, that gap will close.

There are a lot of stigma against China brand.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

$141k COE plus ARF and the sub-4 century sprint, BMW and Mercy bosses won't be sleeping very well.

Tesla has a strong competitor that is closing in fast. While BYD still lacks brand recognition, if the car is as good as what many reviewers are saying, that gap will close.

Lemme go test and give u my FR

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

On 9/30/2023 at 8:41 AM, inlinesix said:

Maybe you don't have Chinese made products at home. 

Heck, iPhone is made in China. Half of Apple iPad is reportedly made by BYD.

BYD designer is an angmo, so design looks conti. Even Tesla is using BYD batteries.  What else did I miss? 

If they are cheap and good, the products will speak for itself. Like what the Japanese did to the US auto market.  If you have a good product, building a brand is not that difficult.

• Praise 7

On 9/30/2023 at 8:50 AM, RadX said:

Lemme go test and give u my FR

Please share. If BYD can pass your smell and butt test (die hard BMW fan), i will go buy their stock (not the car, at least not yet). 😂😂😂😂

• Haha! 5

On 9/30/2023 at 8:41 AM, inlinesix said:

This is true for brand conscious and ignorant ones. Even when BYD hired ex-Audi and ex-Mercedes people for the suspension and design department, brand conscious will still think the design is just crap and quality is rubbish.

Most Ang Mo laggi worse, anything that is Chinese they will just deem it as crap even if the Chinese cars are better than theirs in many ways.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Despite the rise in MIC products in general..many local Chinese still go for foreign brands...becos they like the 洋气...local actors actresses big or not at home also have angmoh name...preparing to go global one day...if ever 😂

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 3

On 9/30/2023 at 9:55 AM, mersaylee said:

Despite the rise in MIC products in general..any local Chinese still go for foreign brands...becos they like the 洋气...local actors actresses big or not at home also have angmoh name...preparing to go global one day...if ever 😂

What is 

揚洋

王楚然
Ang MoH name?
🤔

On 9/30/2023 at 9:58 AM, inlinesix said:

What is 

揚洋

王楚然
Ang MoH name?
🤔

Donno them...yang yang no need lah...the Chinese name oredi suggested to 扬名越洋 😁

• Haha! 2

Ya. Take aside all the china hate and politics stuff.

There are good reasons why EU is so worried about china EV entering their market.

Higher better specs at lower price. 

I think its abit similar to comparing tesla to bmw /merc / audi also. 

• Praise 4

On 9/30/2023 at 10:21 AM, Beregond said:

Ya. Take aside all the china hate and politics stuff.

There are good reasons why EU is so worried about china EV entering their market.

Higher better specs at lower price. 

I think its abit similar to comparing tesla to bmw /merc / audi also. 

Yes, EU knows Chinese EV players will weaken their auto industry with their > 20% cost advantage and leading battery technology.  

This one got no national security BS angle, so will be interesting to see what they do next. 

Some EVs sold in EU are Chinese made Tesla. More spices to the fight.

• Praise 4

On 9/30/2023 at 11:25 AM, Voodooman said:

Yes, EU knows Chinese EV players will weaken their auto industry with their > 20% cost advantage and leading battery technology.  

This one got no national security BS angle, so will be interesting to see what they do next. 

Tok so much

u buy when😂

• Haha! 2

On 9/30/2023 at 11:30 AM, RadX said:

Tok so much

u buy when😂

Still have 6 years to drive my environmentally polluting dream machine and with $140k COE, mai lah, mai lah....

Truths be told, after 4 years, I still love my G30 to death.  But next car will likely be EV.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

On 9/30/2023 at 11:35 AM, Voodooman said:

Still have 6 years to drive my environmentally polluting dream machine and with $140k COE, mai lah, mai lah....

Truths be told, after 4 years, I still love my G30 to death.  But next car will likely be EV.

Yes the G30 was and still is a gem and that’s why moved back to the roundel after 2 yrs w the GLC

Really loving the i4 more n more daily w all it offers🙏🏾👍🏽👍🏽

esp…. Seeing high petrol prices…. Heng ahhhhhhhhhh😂😂😂

now the i5…….😂😂😂

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

On 9/30/2023 at 11:38 AM, RadX said:

Yes the G30 was and still is a gem and that’s why moved back to the roundel after 2 yrs w the GLC

Really loving the i4 more n more daily w all it offers🙏🏾👍🏽👍🏽

esp…. Seeing high petrol prices…. Heng ahhhhhhhhhh😂😂😂

now the i5…….😂😂😂

By the time you change to i5, i am probably still talking...

Tok is free, change car costs money. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 6

If ever the day comes I need to dutch ICE, Tesla probably fits my bill as the ROI and bang for bucks is higher.

Just look at the omv and it says it all. So what's the atto sedan omv be?

• Haha! 3

On 9/30/2023 at 11:25 AM, Voodooman said:

EU has no choice. China controls worldwide lithium production. BYD and CATL are the top 2 biggest EV battery suppliers. 

MB, BMW, Audi & Porsche (the pride of EU/Germany) can kpkb all they want. They dare to lobby EU to impose sanctions on Chinese EVs bound for EU, they can get ready for tit-for-tat response from China for European brand EVs. They will lose the biggest market for their low volume high margin car lines. Last checked, BMW 7 series biggest market is China (accounting for >40% of 7 series global sales). Even VW Group gave up and no choice but to invest heavily / collaborate with XPeng to accelerate their EV plans and to capitalize on the cost advantage. 

The only European brand which is playing this smart is Volvo. Also because of the fact that they are already Chinese owned. Ang Moh brand slapped on Chinese battery & platform = best profits. Their latest EX30 is essentially a Geely EV platform underneath. They just do the exterior/interior design, software and UI, chassis tuning. Everything else is Geely. 

Better work with BYD and coax them set up factory in EU better la. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

On 9/30/2023 at 11:57 AM, Hamburger said:

If ever the day comes I need to dutch ICE, Tesla probably fits my bill as the ROI and bang for bucks is higher.

Just look at the omv and it says it all. So what's the atto sedan omv be?

BYD Seal Dynamic (the lowest entry variant) OMV IIRC is $39k. Far cry from Tesla Model 3 RWD. 

• Shocked 1

On 9/30/2023 at 4:47 PM, Lethalstrike said:

BYD Seal Dynamic (the lowest entry variant) OMV IIRC is $39k. Far cry from Tesla Model 3 RWD. 

39k vs 52k lower variant...but must also consider the potential cost of battery replacement should there be a need when it's out of warranty 

I tink best bet is drive 5 yrs and sell before warranty expires...liddat higher omv makes sense...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1