The Gold Miss is coming, and it's all good..

therock

Just read this about the "Gold Miss" in Korea

Looks good, SLK and co... FYI

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/south-koreas-gold-miss-looking-for-love-overseas

SEOUL - She is smart, sassy and knows how to turn on the charm.

She graduated from a good university, has a successful career and is financially independent.

Meet South Korea's "Gol-de Mi-su" (Gold Miss), a term used to describe women in their 30s who remain single and eligible.

You would have seen her in the dramas.

In the newly premiered Thirty-Nine, she appears as a dermatologist who decides to take time off work to enjoy life before turning 40.

In last year's Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, she is a dentist who moves to a seaside village to start her own clinic.

She was also in the 2019 drama Search: WWW, as a director in a Web portal company who devotes all her time to work.

In all these dramas, the Gold Miss gets to meet the man of her life and a happy ending ensues.

In reality, however, love can remain elusive.

The latest census data showed that 42.5 per cent of 30-somethings in South Korea remained unmarried in 2020 - up 6.2 percentage points from 2015.

One in three women in their 30s was single.

This is attributed to the changing view of marriage being a choice and not necessity, as more people decide to focus on themselves and stay away from what was once viewed as three important milestones in life: dating, marriage and having children.

image.thumb.png.0d9cee22cfada2334a15f6715f43484e.png

By elite, he means a bachelor with a professional career, college degree, good family background and earning a minimum annual salary of US$200,000 (S$268,000).

In return, he promises a highly educated Korean woman who is raised well under her parents' supervision to be a good wife, wholly devoted to her husband and children and passionate about taking good care of them, highly interested in the children's education, and who will strive to have a harmonious family.

Korean = Good Wife?

The highly touted Gold Miss may be outstanding in the workplace, but will she make a good wife at home?

A British friend described his Korean wife of 11 years as "fun, fiery and will do anything for her family".

"Honestly I forget that my wife is Korean. We are just us, and I feel like we have more in common with each other than our nationalities (would suggest)," he said. "I guess the most Korean thing she does is food-based - it's pretty obvious by our fridge that she's not English."

A Singaporean friend said his Korean wife of five years is always immaculately dressed and almost never gets angry.

"Whatever decision I make, she always gives her 100 per cent support," he said. "And she always tries to be the best wife and mother to our daughter."

Even my girlfriends married to Korean men concede defeat to the Korean wife.

Unlike the Singaporean wife who will demand the husband do his fair share of housework and child-raising, they said the Korean wife is more willing to be a stay-home mum and shoulder the entire family burden herself, knowing this is what is expected.

And unlike the feisty Singaporean wife who will fight back when a quarrel starts, the Korean wife knows how to pacify the angry husband with aegyo - a cutesy way of displaying one's charm.

"We Singapore girls are straightforward and we would never soften for the guys," a friend said. "We will complain if the husband never helps to take care of the kids and only keeps looking at his phone when he comes home.

image.thumb.png.f5df79d305687e818b0d65d19e1e6540.png

But the Korean wife will just let him be, knowing how tired he is after work."

Another friend said she is impressed with how her Korean girlfriends can manage their children alone and will not complain even if their husbands come home late on weekdays and play golf all weekend.

"Either I'm a bad wife or they are angels," she quipped.

Of course, no one actually knows what goes on behind closed doors but if the tropes are even half-true, then Singaporean women, consider yourselves forewarned. The Gold Miss is coming.

I know, not all Korean women look like these stars, but the average lady sans surgery is still sweet, and besides, the character and heart matter more right?

https://origin.koreaboo.com/stories/heres-gold-miss-means-in-korea-actually-positive-thing/

May our bros find someone they can love too, locally or overseas.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

2 hours ago, therock said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/south-koreas-gold-miss-looking-for-love-overseas

By elite, he means a bachelor with a professional career, college degree, good family background and earning a minimum annual salary of US$200,000 (S$268,000).

In return, he promises a highly educated Korean woman who is raised well under her parents' supervision to be a good wife, wholly devoted to her husband and children and passionate about taking good care of them, highly interested in the children's education, and who will strive to have a harmonious family.

I know, not all Korean women look like these stars, but the average lady sans surgery is still sweet, and besides, the character and heart matter more right?

https://origin.koreaboo.com/stories/heres-gold-miss-means-in-korea-actually-positive-thing/

sounds like a miss universe pageant where she wants to empowered woman lives for the better good of human race ..

this is not a factory prese and what good is a commit to taking care of the kids and family where the spouse would already be hiring a helper or 2 because you are taking about 30k salary a month partner . Surely you don’t expect her to clean the toilet?

you want a bit of a trophy wife, someone articulate and refine. Not a huge earning capacity Chye tau keay woman who can flip a wok mean for 15 customer 

so I still not sure how successful this can be 

4 hours ago, Tohto said:

You sure those from Korean the nose won't drop off.

Wait @SiLangKia and @kobayashiGT find one look the same as the girl go to the same mod shop.

I need one that zhng until stage 3 just like my car, change turbo change intercooler all

eh wait this one not korean car thread oops

• Haha! 7

Korean like Japanese woman demand that you surrender all your salary to them and you get an allowance! Hahah. 
I no can do! 

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

I need one that zhng until stage 3 just like my car, change turbo change intercooler all

Children will looks like unzhng mum le

How?

• Haha! 3

17 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

After the 1st night together, you wake up in the morning and ask her 你是那一位啊?😵

Still can ask a question means not too bad...instead of running away naked while screaming for divine intervention...😅

• Haha! 3

Must be all the k dramas...

My fav actresses:

From taxi driver

image.thumb.png.cac80c967f4cfa7278c8ddb252ce9593.png

From Descendants of the sun:

image.png.2c8285805087200d96f84f19dbc702ef.png

From 

Goblin, and this one takes the cake for me for character... and she speaks better Chinese than many in SG I reckon...

image.png.5a5daf195d57672a66acc7a0304e561b.png

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, therock said:

bro, this article cmi.

elite cannot be min usd200k annual.  Thats almost incompetent in Singapore terms. $500k is mediocre . 

• Haha! 1

Looks like our Korean gals should cost less than the local gals:

https://theindependent.sg/nus-student-demands-condo-fully-paid-car-3k-monthly-allowance-15k-ring-and-maid-from-soon-to-be-fiance/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0m2foOJylLFuhfDWwpGegCeMpwUnNgf5WYF9TNoB_v8nia9lt8iq9hIdo#Echobox=1644404003

A netizen, who claims to be a National University of Singapore (NUS) student, has alarmed social media users with a long list of demands for her soon-to-fiance. Her shocking demands include a 3-room or bigger condominium unit, a car for her use, a hefty monthly allowance, an exorbitantly priced engagement ring, expensive holidays and a domestic helper since she does not plan to do housework.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Stage 3 very unreliable. Later crack here leak there. Sibeh bo eng wan.

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Money I don't have. Honey I can give.😗😗

In the real world, no money, no honey. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
On 2/20/2022 at 9:08 AM, Tohto said:

You sure those from Korean the nose won't drop off.

Wait @SiLangKia and @kobayashiGT find one look the same as the girl go to the same mod shop.

No lah. I cannot tahan cold. I cannot tahan spicy food. Korea is not a good place for me.

I like my partner eat the same food as me one. Like that cheaper mah. One cai fan add rice and 2 person share. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2