Fishing Khakis Anyone?

Arogab

I tried to search for the word "Fishing" but did not get any. 

As I had sold my fishing boat in SG many years back and been living in China where I lost all the Khakis. I did leave about 18 fishing rods and reels in Singapore.

Recent transfer to Thailand leaves me with tonnes of work but I realized I am able to travel around by driving and there is lots of fishing areas over here.

So time to re-live my love for fishing and find out who in here are anglers and also share Singapore fishing scene or even overseas

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Thailand is the best for pond fishing. Pilot 111 used to be my favorite place when I have work span over weekend in Thailand I will spend a night there.

Damn really missed that place more than 2 years since last trip……

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Arogab said:

As I had sold my fishing boat in SG many years back and been living in China where I lost all the Khakis. I did leave about 18 fishing rods and reels in Singapore.

Recent transfer to Thailand leaves me with tonnes of work but I realized I am able to travel around by driving and there is lots of fishing areas over here.

So time to re-live my love for fishing and find out who in here are anglers and also share Singapore fishing scene or even overseas

Old school here.  Learnt fishing from my uncle long long ago.

Went to fresh water ponds like ng tiong choon, old tampines, neo tiew etc to shoot marker. Many people don't even know what shoot marker is anymore😅

Then stopped for a long time after ns and work came.  But never lose interest,  always reading magazines and watch videos etc... and never missed any chance to window shop tackle shops. 

Then discovered pasir ris catch and release pond... FANTASTIC!!. Song, chaos, Kims, pacu, patin,  amazon red tails... with practise,  a dozen hits a session was common,  plus many friends made there.  Of cos,  the kings of that pond, huge chaos praya and Mekong cat. But sadly,  as time went by, catch rate and species dropped tremendously liao and the place will soon be taken back by govt.

Along the way ...

Have fished Thailand famous ban samrung (probably spelled wrong), was amazing 😅 back breaking though. 

Fished Canada with a guide for salmon and halibut.  Halibut tasted like mackerel to me but highly prized by canadians 😑... gave our limit of halibut to the guide and he was extremely happy cos his dad love it. We packed our king salmon, half frozen half canned and brought it home. Recently found 1last can in the kitchen cabinet... more than 10 yr old... better don't eat 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Now got kids, bz, hard to fish liao,  plus no new place. 😔

• Praise 3

14 hours ago, Knighthunter said:

Thailand is the best for pond fishing. Pilot 111 used to be my favorite place when I have work span over weekend in Thailand I will spend a night there.

Damn really missed that place more than 2 years since last trip……

Bro, where about is Pilot 111? I can find on google?

I went to a fishing resort in a place called Don Hai Lot, stay in the houses above the sea type. But fishes are small. Looking to close up all year end reporting and presentation for 2022 then can go fishing again😁

34 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

AFTCO-Original-Mens-Fishing-Shorts-Khaki

Fishing Khaki shorts. Khaki is a colour.

Fishing Kaki aka fishing buddy.

fishing-buddies-hold-up-their-summer-lak

5 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I thought initially this thread is about fishing shorts.

Haha, ok ok, can wear other colors. I looking at going out again. 

53 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I went to a fishing resort in a place called Don Hai Lot, stay in the houses above the sea type. But fishes are small. Looking to close up all year end reporting and presentation for 2022 then can go fishing again😁

Thai Fishing guide: Bad Boy +66815563220

https://thailand-fish.com/

He appeared in those discovery channel giant stingray program. I took his service twice before, but many years liao dunno if he still active. Very knowledgable, cant go wrong. You just need to show up, everything else he can arrange.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Thai Fishing guide: Bad Boy +66815563220

https://thailand-fish.com/

He appeared in those discovery channel giant stingray program. I took his service twice before, but many years liao dunno if he still active. Very knowledgable, cant go wrong. You just need to show up, everything else he can arrange.

Haha, I got to find the place, It's somewhere nearby Chon Buri. I will see how if got time can try out

Internal Moderator
23 hours ago, Arogab said:

If you catch seabass or grouper hor, and you don't wanna eat, you pass me. I like HK-styled steam fish. 😂 If catfish then i dun want. I everytime kenna catfished by girls liao. hahahahahahahahahah. 😭

• Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

If you catch seabass or grouper hor, and you don't wanna eat, you pass me. I like HK-styled steam fish. 😂 If catfish then i dun want. I everytime kenna catfished by girls liao. hahahahahahahahahah. 😭

I think you are like one of my classmate, bring girl go fishing then got the hook into the girl's finger and ask for help type. 

My Sea Bass record in SG is 11.5KG and Grouper is 14kg. You want?😁 Wait long long, I have eaten it more than ten year ago liao. Haha

Tio Toto never come Thailand find me go fishing

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I think you are like one of my classmate, bring girl go fishing then got the hook into the girl's finger and ask for help type. 

My Sea Bass record in SG is 11.5KG and Grouper is 14kg. You want?😁 Wait long long, I have eaten it more than ten year ago liao. Haha

Tio Toto never come Thailand find me go fishing

I never buy toto how to tio! hahahahaha. Why nobody believe me that I am not a winner! 😂

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Air ship or sea ship from Thailand to you 

• Haha! 2

11 hours ago, Arogab said:

I saved the cordinate here, is in Bang Pakong district https://goo.gl/maps/xY2L5QmfuqWdhxnz9. I really like this place no price differences for farang all pay same price. Could go to owner private pond too but rate is pretty high just open like 2-3 hours per day. In this place got few KBL pond, Cat fish pond, Chado pond (toman), and pacu pond. Fly fishing is possible too

I am avoiding Mekong Cat Fish pond like Bungsamram or few more ponds near Pattaya/Mataphut area. Once is enough, mekong cat fish only heavy no fun at all.

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 1

I like to collect fishing reels mostly spinning and rods......usually go for overseas boat fishing at least once a year. These 2 years was nothing, all trip that booked in 2020 I lost deposit and some flight ticket busted already. Tried to pick fly fishing in late 2018.....so no trip been realize yet for fly fishing, all exotic places and trip cost is eye popping

.IMG_1862.jpg.4c29506f2707d6f6452d44bcab1b8399.jpgIMG_1861.jpg.1d06e686c41698f1b5c13d7d8cd86fec.jpg

241853071_10159717265532074_606597354077050942_n.thumb.jpg.49e9398efb57bb23de018c24522e4f2e.jpg

91718398_10158345213752074_7472014154572759040_n.jpg

Edited by Knighthunter
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3