Inflation caused ALL prices to rise again, including Food

Wt_know

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Ownself pao teh lor make lifestyle changes Lor 

newspaper say one 

6D4E660C-0480-497D-96C8-C1A6AC6802D6.jpeg

777DC467-CC99-49B9-BEFF-DD3E365D0A98.jpeg

1C874FF5-4D2C-436B-B61F-EB3126002573.jpeg

"Fund health care needs" - but we are already paying an arm and a leg on healthcare....so where is the funding? and GST up to pay for this, i bet you the healthcare cost will cost 2 arms and a leg....so where's the benefits to the low/middle income families?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

"Fund health care needs" - but we are already paying an arm and a leg on healthcare....so where is the funding? and GST up to pay for this, i bet you the healthcare cost will cost 2 arms and a leg....so where's the benefits to the low/middle income families?

This is all about prudent financial management. U cant afford the high recurring cost of healthcare? Simple! Dont get sick. Fell sick but can only afford lump sum healthcare cost? Simple! Just die. Funeral only one time cost 😂

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I few things the government can do to keep inflation down like what NTUC supermart first started but not now. Hawker centres are strictly for rent and not for ownership. No sub rental. Keep the rent low and manage the food price like in school. 

When you do that, coffee shop and shopping centre have no way to increase rent for their food court simply they have to compete. Food is essential and a daily necessity for everyone. Of course review why we have NTUC supermart. To earn big money for stakeholders? Then please put a stop of the infringements on fire safety, spilling into common property, etc other shop owners don't enjoy.  

many establishments started off for the good of the people but have now gone haywire 

HDB - to provide low affordable public housing for the people but now speculated as million dollar properties

COE - to prevent over congestion on the roads but now warping towards the needs of the rich people and flushing out those who really need a car

NTUC - to sell essential products at affordable prices but now.....

MRT also, started meddling into retails and properties but at least it is "nationalised" again and now focus on its core function

• Praise 5

15 minutes ago, Scion said:

many establishments started off for the good of the people but have now gone haywire 

HDB - to provide low affordable public housing for the people but now speculated as million dollar properties

COE - to prevent over congestion on the roads but now warping towards the needs of the rich people and flushing out those who really need a car

MRT also, started meddling into retails and properties but at least it is "nationalised" again and now focus on its core function

It is called Greed. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Scion said:

what's WRONG to collect MORE ... :grin:

there is no wrong ... really ... 

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

This is all about prudent financial management. U cant afford the high recurring cost of healthcare? Simple! Dont get sick. Fell sick but can only afford lump sum healthcare cost? Simple! Just die. Funeral only one time cost 😂

eeerrr...prudent? ...you just said it, just die!! so where is the prudence?? 

something is not right.....

is there an estimation of the cost that the additional collected GST is used for? 

Is there an actual expenditure cost currently and estimation for future years being analyse with and without the GST increase?

have they done a modelling exercise if GST is not increase, where else can they reduce the country's expenditure? (I heard the salary and allowance of some people in parliment is very high as for some people appointed as Mayor as well gets double pay for their services) Any other areas that can reduce cost? 

• Haha! 2

On 2/22/2022 at 10:31 AM, Mustank said:

I refuse to call food delivery

i will die die go downstairs buy 

Phv and food delivery are for rich people

I want to avoid food deliveries, but I don't want to leave my house leh. Omicron so fierce now.....

Between $$ and health, I need to go for health.

But they are getting unreasonably expensive. So certain days I will tapao downstairs but with double masking....😷

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Starry said:

I want to avoid food deliveries, but I don't want to leave my house leh. Omicron so fierce now.....

Between $$ and health, I need to go for health.

But they are getting unreasonably expensive. So certain days I will tapao downstairs but with double masking....😷

Some people everyday go office boh tio 

some people stay at home minimize going out tio

i know 2 friends very very very close contact tio, they boh tio 

:XD:

• Haha! 4

One thing gahmen never pick up is a lot of foodstuffs use discount to hide the inflation from official cpi count... u will notice some of these are permanently on discount... but gradually u see the disc less and less or totally gone.

My fav san remo pasta is rrp $2.40 but until last year can always buy at $1.95. Nowadays hardly ever see on discount and confirm cannot go below $2 anymore... so its like 10-20% effective increase but gst havent even raise yet

Main problem this thing damn hard to track but impact on wallet is there

On 2/24/2022 at 12:56 PM, Scion said:

Many at the top had the group think of "moving with progress"

Huat Ah!

On 2/24/2022 at 9:56 AM, Throttle2 said:

$1.20 tehbing is now $1.50 !!

good job scholars good job!!

some places up to 1.7. those chain store, ya kun, toast box etc all close to $3 for teh and copi beng liao

starbucks twg sell $9 to 10, pple also q to buy