ST CloseUp: Why some women choose to be child-free

Windwaver

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

We will be there sooner than we can imagine!

I remember the comment of one of my ex colleagues before we reached our retirement age. We were then casually talking about old people. He said: "Very soon, we'll be there"!

Now we are already there...and some have passed...

First sign is ....... you get invite for eldershield. I still remember [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Nolicense said:

i look at the cost of old age home for about 10 years. not including the cost of medical and hospital before i get there.

then i look at having fun, eating and drinking to an early grave. 

option 2 is still cheaper and more enjoyable way to go. die cock stand is the best.

But not too early. Keep yourself fit, slim and healthy till kids are independent, then go all out having fun. Don't go while kids still need you.

14 minutes ago, Karoon said:

But not too early. Keep yourself fit, slim and healthy till kids are independent, then go all out having fun. Don't go while kids still need you.

kids will never be independent from parents pov. lol

Internal Moderator

I would like to have a child, till she is 2 years old. After that I'll put her up for adoption on Carousell. If it's a boy, I'll put it up on Carousell right after birth.

• Haha! 5

26 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I would like to have a child, till she is 2 years old. After that I'll put her up for adoption on Carousell. If it's a boy, I'll put it up on Carousell right after birth.

tsk.. boy is not human... must be a it

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

ask them go hire more gurkhas. 

ns cheap. gurkhas expensive. but hor, i think they more value for money though... 🤣

51 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Smart choice, boy not worth any $$ in Singapore :grin:

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
47 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

tsk.. boy is not human... must be a it

Oh shucks. You noticed it. I thought I was being discreet.

You see la, low birthrate

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/today-youth-survey-half-singles-say-marriage-important-fewer-want-kids-amid-living-cost

TODAY Youth Survey: Half of singles say marriage is important, but fewer want kids amid living cost, work demands concerns
20211029_raj_youth_survey_generics6.jpg?

Photo quite nice :grin:

• Half of unmarried respondents in a survey by TODAY felt that marriage was important
  • But only 44 per cent said it was important or very important to have a child in future
  • Cost of living, stressful education system and lacking quality time were the top concerns among all respondents
  • Among women, health concerns related to pregnancy and childbirth was the biggest worry

slide_42_getting_married_and_having_chil

slide_45_concerns_abt_having_children.jp

slide_48_womens_concerns_about_having_ch

• Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/today-youth-survey-half-singles-say-marriage-important-fewer-want-kids-amid-living-cost

TODAY Youth Survey: Half of singles say marriage is important, but fewer want kids amid living cost, work demands concerns

• Half of unmarried respondents in a survey by TODAY felt that marriage was important
  • But only 44 per cent said it was important or very important to have a child in future
  • Cost of living, stressful education system and lacking quality time were the top concerns among all respondents
  • Among women, health concerns related to pregnancy and childbirth was the biggest worry

i think they forgot a very important question... how fond are you of 1 eye snake?

58 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Went for lunch just now, walked past a vet. Young couple sitting in the queue. With two rabbits in a cage [laugh]

My wifey commented that rabbits not only give less disturbance as pets, they also don't make much sound [laugh]

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i think they forgot a very important question... how fond are you of 1 eye snake?

Should not be a problem in this department........ young couple lehh. Hormones way off the scale [laugh]

And the privacy too (no kids)

33 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Went for lunch just now, walked past a vet. Young couple sitting in the queue. With two rabbits in a cage [laugh]

My wifey commented that rabbits not only give less disturbance as pets, they also don't make much sound [laugh]

Having had rabbits for 13 years, they do make noise especially early morning when their food bowl is empty. They will bang their empty food bowl on the floor to get our attention. 

And when they angry, they will stamp their hind feet on the ground.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, BabyBlade said:

So heartless? Own flesh and blood.😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1