Premium HDB Rules has 10 year MOP

RadX

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I think must keep 1 bed room empty.

Bro...I don't see any rule on this?  It wasn't mention leh.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
15 minutes ago, Starry said:

Cannot rent out whole flat at anytime. But can rent out bedrooms.

So if the owner rent out all 3 bedrooms after MOP, isn't that the same as renting out whole flat? 

Ok...got it, reply myself on this.

Basically to rent out rooms, the owner must still live in the HDB.  

You and your authorised occupiers must continue to live in the flat with the tenants during the period of rental. Locking up a room and renting out the rest of the flat without physically staying in it is not allowed.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/residential/renting-out-a-flat-bedroom/renting-out-your-bedroom/regulations-for-renting-out-bedrooms

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1

Before I start, I have to declare that what I am going to say has nothing to do with politics (before someone start to KPKB the whole bunch here are against the establishment).

Like it or not, we are living in a society where we rely heavily on taxes, not only as a source of income, but to solve problems we faced.

• Rising housing price => ABSD, resales levies
  • Traffic congestion => COE, ERP
  • Environmental Issue => VES, Carbon tax (I am not the one to suggest or impose this tax hor)
  • Discourage drinking => Liquor tax
  • Discourage smoking => Tobacco tax
  • and the list goes on

Now some may begin think what does all these has to do with the topic, well let me share a real life story I have encountered. In one of the company I used to work in, CFO increase the credit terms from 30 days to 60 days and eventually 90 days, and AP to 30 days (upon due). It has become one of the KPIs for VB payout. Sounds good?

Financial Controllers, Account Managers, and the whole finance team get praised in every meeting for extending the AP to improve on cash flow. But on the other end of the spectrum, material deliveries were delayed, price increase as more suppliers decided to end the business relationship with us, production and shipment were impacted (longer turnaround time, costing no longer competitive), etc. etc. And suddenly some of the Regional Finance Directors wake up and decided to put a stop to all these...

Back to the topic, we have been facing the same situations with transport and housing issues to say the least. What are the incentives for the government to curb rising housing price since they are more likely to benefit from additional income through stamp duties, ABSD, resales levies, property tax, etc. with higher housing and resales price, and the same can be said for transport (improve traffic light timing / sequencing, more enforcement to keep heavy / slow moving vehicles away from 1st, 2nd or even 3rd lane, and ended up with less income from ERP?)

I would say the control of resales flat pricing is looooong overdue. I for one support selling back to HDB at prorated pricing in relation to buy price, but we all know that appreciation in value of HDB flat has been one of the USP mentioned in each and every election campaign prior to the early part of Y2K... Don't get me wrong, I have a HDB flat too, and would want to fetch the best price for my unit, but let spare a thought for the future generations (just like the case I have shared above).

• Praise 20
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Everyone knows

MCF is a must read for those top top power people.

:D

No 2 is those straight lace times

People who can comment intelligently...?😁😂

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
39 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Our govt has planted informants in almost every major forums.

who! who! own up plz. 

😁

2 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

who! who! own up plz. 

😁

i confess. I'm a PAP IB here to oppress the 30%. [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 14

Turbocharged
33 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Everyone knows

MCF is a must read for those top top power people.

:D

No 2 is those straight lace times

that's of course.

over here, wipe table already wear rolex and smoke cigar. And entry requirement for all of us is PAY FULL CASH.

it is a place for crouching tigers hidden dragons.

😆

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Before I start, I have to declare that what I am going to say has nothing to do with politics (before someone start to KPKB the whole bunch here are against the establishment).

Like it or not, we are living in a society where we rely heavily on taxes, not only as a source of income, but to solve problems we faced.

• Rising housing price => ABSD, resales levies
  • Traffic congestion => COE, ERP
  • Environmental Issue => VES, Carbon tax (I am not the one to suggest or impose this tax hor)
  • Discourage drinking => Liquor tax
  • Discourage smoking => Tobacco tax
  • and the list goes on

Now some may begin think what does all these has to do with the topic, well let me share a real life story I have encountered. In one of the company I used to work in, CFO increase the credit terms from 30 days to 60 days and eventually 90 days, and AP to 30 days (upon due). It has become one of the KPIs for VB payout. Sounds good?

Financial Controllers, Account Managers, and the whole finance team get praised in every meeting for extending the AP to improve on cash flow. But on the other end of the spectrum, material deliveries were delayed, price increase as more suppliers decided to end the business relationship with us, production and shipment were impacted (longer turnaround time, costing no longer competitive), etc. etc. And suddenly some of the Regional Finance Directors wake up and decided to put a stop to all these...

Back to the topic, we have been facing the same situations with transport and housing issues to say the least. What are the incentives for the government to curb rising housing price since they are more likely to benefit from additional income through stamp duties, ABSD, resales levies, property tax, etc. with higher housing and resales price, and the same can be said for transport (improve traffic light timing / sequencing, more enforcement to keep heavy / slow moving vehicles away from 1st, 2nd or even 3rd lane, and ended up with less income from ERP?)

I would say the control of resales flat pricing is looooong overdue. I for one support selling back to HDB at prorated pricing in relation to buy price, but we all know that appreciation in value of HDB flat has been one of the USP mentioned in each and every election campaign prior to the early part of Y2K... Don't get me wrong, I have a HDB flat too, and would want to fetch the best price for my unit, but let spare a thought for the future generations (just like the case I have shared above).

I had a friend who moved to pte and rented out his flat. I told him to just sell it because 1) no need to trouble yourself with tenants and 2) the rules are still favorable and you never know when rules will suddenly change.

He didn't sell and persevered for 4 years. Finally he couldn't take the tenant/rental bulls**t and finally sold it. So it's good. Another flat returned to the mkt. 

• Praise 2

50 minutes ago, Starry said:

Cannot rent out whole flat at anytime. But can rent out bedrooms.

So if the owner rent out all 3 bedrooms after MOP, isn't that the same as renting out whole flat? 

I believe many owners would illegally rent out the whole unit.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Rental of HDB is pretty high relative to the price. That's why some people choose to rent out, esp those not required to pay absd to acquire another place. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I had a friend who moved to pte and rented out his flat. I told him to just sell it because 1) no need to trouble yourself with tenants and 2) the rules are still favorable and you never know when rules will suddenly change.

He didn't sell and persevered for 4 years. Finally he couldn't take the tenant/rental bulls**t and finally sold it. So it's good. Another flat returned to the mkt. 

Many people can moved to private and yet still continue to keep their HDB and rent it out for decade, It is consider good source of income and many people would not give up. Maybe lucky for these people so far do not have much problem with tenant and rental.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, RadX said:

Cool.   Should hv been 15yrs

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

48 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

that's of course.

over here, wipe table already wear rolex and smoke cigar. And entry requirement for all of us is PAY FULL CASH.

it is a place for crouching tigers hidden dragons.

😆

And among the tigers and dragons are some rats and foxes who eavesdrop and report to the govt on the sentiments on the ground.:D

2 hours ago, Calinlin said:

I am a stupid peasant.

My stupid peasant mind tells me to go chiong the resale now because new ones not going to have resale in the next 12-15yrs.

So price will go up. Hahaha...

And if we do this to all new BTO, there will be a MOP drought in 7-10yrs time. Meaning resale owners ho sei already.

Sell high, buy high. Muayhahahaha

43 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If got caught then whole flat is confiscated right?

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Hope they kena fine big big and hdb confiscated. I personally know of one such case.  Owner kena fined $180k and hdb taken back.  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 2