Grid Mobile MVNO ceases all services with effect from 6 December 2021

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

grid-mobile.jpg

Source: https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-grid-mobile-mvno-cessation-service-no-more-6-december-2021

Singapore now has one less MVNO bumbling about.

Grid Mobile today announced (7 October 2021) the cessation of its services, taking effect from 6 December 2021 onwards. According to its FAQ page, existing Grid Mobile users will be invited to port over (for free) to GOMO by Singtel (or Vivifi if you’re a CIS user).

Further details are still in the works at the time of publishing, but Grid Mobile users are also allowed to choose a different MVNO/telco provider during its two months notice period. Grid Mobile users will receive more information via letter, at a later time. 

If a Grid Mobile user did not receive any e-mail or letter about their subscription, they may approach its customer service lines at the official website, or e-mail its support staff (e-mail address here).

Grid Mobile was an MVNO that targeted young adults and millennials, offering 20GB of local data at S$17.90 per month. You may check out our past Grid Mobile coverage here. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Grid main business focus should be on walkie talkie not mobile network.

I am paying close to 3k per month  monthly subscription of 20 plus per line. 😓

• Shocked 2

On 10/9/2021 at 8:45 AM, kobayashiGT said:

grid-mobile.jpg

Source: https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-grid-mobile-mvno-cessation-service-no-more-6-december-2021

Singapore now has one less MVNO bumbling about.

Grid Mobile today announced (7 October 2021) the cessation of its services, taking effect from 6 December 2021 onwards. According to its FAQ page, existing Grid Mobile users will be invited to port over (for free) to GOMO by Singtel (or Vivifi if you’re a CIS user).

Further details are still in the works at the time of publishing, but Grid Mobile users are also allowed to choose a different MVNO/telco provider during its two months notice period. Grid Mobile users will receive more information via letter, at a later time. 

If a Grid Mobile user did not receive any e-mail or letter about their subscription, they may approach its customer service lines at the official website, or e-mail its support staff (e-mail address here).

Grid Mobile was an MVNO that targeted young adults and millennials, offering 20GB of local data at S$17.90 per month. You may check out our past Grid Mobile coverage here. 

I was one of those affected.. but the porting over of grid to GOMO gives you a free bump from 20gb 200 mins to 50gb 500mins.. everything else remains the same.. 

just hope GOMO is not like TPG that has super bad connection.. so far on my 3 day n everything seems to be ok .. at this point in time .. not sure how well it performs when making Mobile voice call instead of VOIP 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

I was one of those affected.. but the porting over of grid to GOMO gives you a free bump from 20gb 200 mins to 50gb 500mins.. everything else remains the same.. 

just hope GOMO is not like TPG that has super bad connection.. so far on my 3 day n everything seems to be ok .. at this point in time .. not sure how well it performs when making Mobile voice call instead of VOIP 

GOMO is by Singtel so should be ok blah

• Praise 1

On 10/9/2021 at 10:46 AM, Kopites said:

Grid main business focus should be on walkie talkie not mobile network.

I am paying close to 3k per month  monthly subscription of 20 plus per line. 😓

walkie talkie need to pay?

47 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

walkie talkie need to pay?

Walkie talkie itself cost 300 plus. Monthly subscription 20 plus per line.

Certain subscription package come with industries based. 

• Praise 1

@Sdf4786k actually TPG not that bad though I won't say it's good but for the price especially the seniors plan cannot complain leh.

Really more suitable for retirees and non-critical services users only.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:17 AM, Evo5sg said:

I also affected. Can port over later on right?

Think you have to port over before 6 Dec.

↡ Advertisement